• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anyone completed pokedex?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have completed it on ruby but not on emerald yet. i will do that by trading.

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
    I have completed my National Dex (without Mew) some times ago. The most Pokémon are easy to catch. But Celebi was hard to get. Jirachi wasn't a problem because in European Version of Pokémon Channel it is catchable.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    I had all the Johto starter, I picked up Cyndaquil FYI. Back then I and my friend complete it together so we made a deal that he choose Totodile while I choose Cyndaquil (We both prefer those two over chikorita ATM). Then not long another friend of mine (let's say W) was playing emerald too and when we go to a tour We(Me and my friend) "force" him to lend his for complete it's dex(back then i have most of poke from trecko-grovyle-sceptile to beldum-metang-metagross) then take the (baby)chikorita.

Mine still 282 ATM, but my friend has 380 (except those not in game legendary named Mew,Celeby,Ho-oh, Lugia, Jirachi and deoxys)

Years
    I just recently completed the Hoenn Pokedex. The good 140 hours on my Emerald file are the result of filling out this Pokedex. At first I wasn't going to do it because I thought you needed to get all 202 Pokemon... including those last two, which are unavailable except for in those events... but once I found out you only needed the first 200, I actually decided to go for it.

I had to get Pokemon traded from my friend's Sapphire game, my sister's Leaf Green game, and a Ruby game I rented. After I got all the basic Pokemon needed for the Pokedex, I had to put up with several dozen painful hours of beating the Elite Four, so that I could evolve these basic Pokemon (they were holding Exp. Shares). The only good news is that a few of my good Pokemon gained several levels through this repeated Elite Four battling. My Lapras, which was at level 51 when I traded it over from a rented Fire Red game, is now at Level 92. It reached this level almost completely on shared experience.

Feebas was a huge pain to catch. I had to start at the top of Route 119 and fish 4 times on each tile. Fortunately, I ran into a Feebas-yielding tile after less than an hour. But... that was on the third or fourth Feebas hunt. On the previous Feebas hunts, I had been searching for several hours with no result. When I hit that Feebas-yielding tile, I just kept catching Feebas until I got one with a Beauty-increasing nature.

Another big pain was Latios. I always choose Latias in Emerald... which was a mistake as far as completing the Hoenn Pokedex was concerned. Latios was pretty much the reason I rented that Ruby game. I got some other Ruby-exclusive Pokemon out of the deal, though... Zangoose, for example.

The rest of the legendaries were no problem. I actually had two Master Balls to use. I had previously rented a Fire Red game, and had gotten the Master Ball... but hadn't used it. When I had to return the game, I made this random Pokemon hold the Master Ball, and traded it over to my sister's Leaf Green game. The Master Ball-holding Pokemon eventually made it over to my Emerald game. I used the two Master Balls on Groudon and Rayquaza... but I had to catch Kyogre with an Ultra Ball.

The only other Pokemon that was a headache to obtain (besides those Pokemon that evolved at painfully high levels) was Crobat. I caught the Golbat at level 33, and it didn't evolve until level 58! ._.
    The very last Pokemon that I added to the Pokedex was Metagross.

I picked Cyndaquil of course (I love fire Pokemon)... I'm currently raising it by fighting Pokemon in the grass and caves. It's boring, but at this point in the game, all the trainers I can fight have Pokemon that are way out of the level range. Right now it's at Level 26.

ShadowLatios

the Artisan Lati
    Years
    Nice.But just to tell you,Golbat evolves into Crobat by happiness,so you could've done it a lot easier.I just gave mine a Soothe Bell,walked with it and fed it berries,then leved it up to Lv.41 or something and there's my Crobat!

ShadowLatios

the Artisan Lati
    Years
    The only other Pokemon that was a headache to obtain (besides those Pokemon that evolved at painfully high levels) was Crobat. I caught the Golbat at level 33, and it didn't evolve until level 58! ._.

Nice.But you could have done this a lot easier;Golbat evolves into Crobat by happiness.I gave mine a Soothe Bell,walked around with it and fed it berries,leveled it up a little and there's my Crobat!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Impossible for me to complete it :( No friends who play pokemon nearby, and I only have a DS and GBA, not 2 GBAs >.<

I'd pick chikorita though, as I loved mine in Silver lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2012
    If id ever complete the Pokedex, id choose Cyndaquil cause hes so cuddly wuddly

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    I would pick Chicorita, too!

When I started to play Pokemon (my first Pokemon game was Gold) my first starter Pokemon was Chicorita and I trained it to LV.100!!

Years
    Never completed it. Flippin' Nintendo events threw me off. >>
    You'll need those Nintendo Events only if you want to complete the National Pokedex. As far as I know, you don't really get any sort of worthwhile reward for completing that Pokedex.

You don't need Nintendo Events if you only want to complete the Hoenn Pokedex and get the Johto starter Pokemon prize. To "complete" the Hoenn Pokedex, you only need the first 200 Pokemon, even though there are technically 202 in the Hoenn Pokedex. Most of these 200 Pokemon can be caught straight from Emerald, but you'll have to trade with Ruby and Sapphire to get the ones that aren't available in Emerald, legendaries you missed, starters you didn't pick, etc.
    None of those 200 Pokemon need to be obtained from Nintendo Events. The only "exception" I can think of is the Latias/Latios deal, but to get the Lati#s you didn't pick, you can always trade with a Ruby or Sapphire game...

Oh, and about Golbat... it actually did have a Soothe Bell attached, but I gave it no berries. It took an abnormally long time to evolve, which is odd, because I never let it faint or gave it anything to lower its affection.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    I got 381 Pokemon in my Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald a while back. The 381st is Ho-oh from Colosseum. I wish I had the other 5 though... Oh, and I chose Cyndaquil, since it it my favorite Johto Pokemon.

Back