• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else agree with Team Plasma?

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
Years
  • I agreed at first!

He was all like "it's not fair for us to imprison Pokémon against their will!" and everyone was like "BOOO." and i'm sat there going "he's kinda right....i don't see how he's a bad guy..."

But yeah, then i wondered why they all fought with Pokémon and stole them off people, so it was all a bit stupid really. and Ghetsis. the twit.

Team Plasma are like the animal activists of the Pokémon world xD

. AND it seemed like N was always dumping his Pokemon for new ones every time you battled him.
    Oh well.

I thought that was good, it was like Ranger style - releasing his old Pokémon and using easily obtainable Pokémon from the area.

Last edited:

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • Team Plasma's plan was actually a great one but the problem is that they "force" people to release the people's Pokemons. What if the Pokemons already made an attachment with their trainers and would not want to leave their trainer's side? They just can't grab people's Pokemons! I also got irritated when two members of Team Plasma was hurting the Munna at Dreamyard to give off Dream Mist. What was that all about?! If their trying to free Pokemon, why hurt the Munna?! That was really frustrating! Anyway, the point is, I agree with Team Plasma's plan but I do not agree with them hurting Pokemon AND stealing the Pokemons away from the trainers.

thefacelessone64

PokeBaller
    Years
  • according to the pokebible, arceus created all pokemon for the benefit of human beings. and you can't argue with me, cuz i'm in bullheaded stubborn religious mode, and if you do i'll start a pokecrusade and destroy your country and make you my slaves. besides, what am i supposed to do? "hey groudon, why don't you be a dear and hop in my pokeball?" nah, i'd rather go duplicate a masterball and make him my b*tch. lolol jk

Oh, I'm not upset. I'm just trying to make a point. See, smiley :)

If what is done to pokemon was done to any other sentient creature, it would be wrong. And in the wild, Pokemon are CAPABLE of fighting, but they don't go around fighting any other pokemon they meet. They act like normal animals, fighting to defend themselves, to survive, to protect territory, to get food, etc etc. So... Man, this is just a waste of time. We won't agree if we haven't so far.

dude, when you encounter a pokemon, it doesn't say "wild pidgey just wants to chill with you!", it says "wild pidgey attacks!". we can conclude that every wild pokemon habitually fights. just like wild animals do in nature. pokemon don't act civil to others naturally, it only comes through training, and exposure to humans. just saiyan :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I agree that Team Plasma is the most morally ambiguous team in any pokemon game, and I think that that is good because it makes the game more complex. But I can't really say whether I agree with them or not, because I can't figure out what pokemon are: are they more like animals, or more like humans? In the wild they seem to be treated as animals, but once they're captured it's clear they're more than pets. So what are they?

DragoniteMySavior

Use Hurricane!!!
    Years
  • i think pokemon are your friends, if they like you and want to be with you [like bayleef and ash in anime], then its fine to keep them in a pokeball. if they dont like/obey you, let them go. it sounds stupid, but i have this real feeling for pokemon, and when my lv 80 samarott began to hate me out of the blue for no reason, i released him. N is a really nice guy with good intentions, i understand how he feels.[i have to admit though, this puzzles me, every time N battles you, he has 4-6 different pokemon from last time. does he release them after a battle?] I COULD TELL FROM THE START THAT GHETSIS WAS AN IDIOT!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Team Plasma's plan was actually a great one but the problem is that they "force" people to release the people's Pokemons. What if the Pokemons already made an attachment with their trainers and would not want to leave their trainer's side? They just can't grab people's Pokemons! I also got irritated when two members of Team Plasma was hurting the Munna at Dreamyard to give off Dream Mist. What was that all about?! If their trying to free Pokemon, why hurt the Munna?! That was really frustrating! Anyway, the point is, I agree with Team Plasma's plan but I do not agree with them hurting Pokemon AND stealing the Pokemons away from the trainers.

Yeah, that's how I feel. Argree with their message, not their motives.

according to the pokebible, arceus created all pokemon for the benefit of human beings. and you can't argue with me, cuz i'm in bullheaded stubborn religious mode, and if you do i'll start a pokecrusade and destroy your country and make you my slaves. besides, what am i supposed to do? "hey groudon, why don't you be a dear and hop in my pokeball?" nah, i'd rather go duplicate a masterball and make him my b*tch. lolol jk

dude, when you encounter a pokemon, it doesn't say "wild pidgey just wants to chill with you!", it says "wild pidgey attacks!". we can conclude that every wild pokemon habitually fights. just like wild animals do in nature. pokemon don't act civil to others naturally, it only comes through training, and exposure to humans. just saiyan :P

I didn't know WHERE you were going with that first paragraph! XD

"Wild Pidgey just wants to chill with you!" Why isn't that a shirt? That's hilarious! But, yeah, I kinda forgot about that "Attacks" part, but it still falls in line with them being like wild animals. Like Lions, and Tigers, and Bears (Oh my!) they attack if you approach. Doesn't mean they want to come with you and fight every trainer that you lock eyes with. Maybe I'd feel a little better if I knew exactly WHERE they get put when you put them in a box. Do they literally stay in a box forever? Do they get transported to a place that is large enough to hold all of yours and every other trainer's pokemon? Do they get digitized and uploaded onto the computer? Just super saiyan 4.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Team Plasma's plan was actually a great one but the problem is that they "force" people to release the people's Pokemons. What if the Pokemons already made an attachment with their trainers and would not want to leave their trainer's side? They just can't grab people's Pokemons! I also got irritated when two members of Team Plasma was hurting the Munna at Dreamyard to give off Dream Mist. What was that all about?! If their trying to free Pokemon, why hurt the Munna?! That was really frustrating! Anyway, the point is, I agree with Team Plasma's plan but I do not agree with them hurting Pokemon AND stealing the Pokemons away from the trainers.

Basically this. Just release the pokemon from trainers like Paul and Silver.

Team Plasma are both hypocritical and simply idiots. I can see where they are coming from, but they are doing it all wrong.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Well, I understood them, but I never paid much more attention to their advocacy, because Cyrus got me already.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I agree with what they said, but there are also some Pokemon who want's to be with their trainers and to travel with them to explore the whole PokeWorld too. :')

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
  • Yes, I do agree with Team Plasma. I always thought that capturing Pokemon and leaving them in Pokeballs is pretty inhumane. And forcing them to fight is also inhumane. Everything about Pokemon is inhumane actually...

It's when the Pokemon wants to fight that it is okay.

Like Ash's Pikachu, he doesn't live in a Pokeball, and is very competitive and WANTS to fight. So it's not inhumane if the Pokemon enjoys competitive battling. It's kinda like when people do martial arts, or wrestling, or any sport really. There might be a little pain and injury involved, but it's for the sport of it, and they enjoy that.

That's how I've always looked at it.

As for Team Plasma being hypocrites, I think they look at it as this: They have to use Pokemon to attain their goal. But they too would release those Pokemon after they reach their goal. Team Plasma was never actually evil. They were definitely extremists, but not evil.

Ghetis was the only evil of Team Plasma. He brainwashed them into thinking that they were fighting for Pokemon freedom. But really he just used them for his own goal: so that he'd be the only one with Pokemon and therefore be in power.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I mean, no. I don't agree with Team Plasma. I think their ideals are good, but saying that "locking Pokémon in tiny spaces", we don't know what Pokéballs are like inside. Maybe Pokémon are minimized and is the inside of the Pokéball a projection of what their perfect habitat would be, or are they just in a calm and mental state, in a sort of slumber. NO one knows so you can't judge on that, but I can hardly imagine that they would just be smallified and locked in that tiny spherical room.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I found this picture. It describes my point completely.
    View attachment 62551
    zidiane7

Years
  • I don't see what the problem is with people using Pokemon. It's a coexistence right? Both species help each other out to survive and such so I don't really see a reason why Plasma wants to liberate the Pokemon and such. Why fix something that isn't 'broken' so to speak.

This is my post for the 17th November, Kaori.

Years
  • What they say is totally in the opposite in what they do. I don't agree with them, since liberatin the Pokmeon is a very unnecessary thing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    It is lame how they later use the excuse that pokemon WANT to fight, and it is natural to them.

So many of the pokedex data on pokemon say, "this pokemon does not like conflict" "this pokemon avoids battles" etc.

So if a pokemon in nature only fights if it is threatened, wouldnt it be cruel to catch it and constantly throw it into battles??

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    I think the assumption is that there's more than you see in the game going on - that you make like Ash and talk to them, play with them, etc. You see people on the street with their Pokemon outside - you see that Hiker in Castelia City and all of those people on the Village Bridge feeding sandwiches to their Pokemon. And they seem to enjoy it!

There are people out there who will abuse their Pokemon, lower their happiness just to make them use Frustration well, etc. But I'm pretty sure there actually is some kind of Pokemon/animal control in the world.

The way I saw Team Plasma was basically animal control gone completely wrong to the point where they assume humans are evil to begin with and can't be let near Pokemon at any cost, and this contributed to how I saw BW as telling a story about balance of ideas, of accepting other people's views and perspectives.

Also, I highly doubt a Pokeball is some kind of cramped thing, and the different-level balls are more like a representation to the Pokemon of how worthy of a trainer you are (higher-level balls showing the worthiness of the trainer this Pokemon is battling, etc.). Otherwise how would something like a Luxury Ball work? There has to be something to actually show the Pokemon the "luxury". I actually had this theory that the Pokeballs have some kind of program implemented to give the Pokemon some virtual small free space, which is larger within the PC - after all there has to be something digitally involved if you can put your Pokemon on a PC on the equivalent of the internet.

[edit] Last post November 26---- Oh no, I necro'd didn't I. God I need to start reading dates and stop thinking "it's on the first page it's recent enough". So sorry. orz

Last edited:
    Years
  • Most of the time, I just dismiss what Team Plasma is saying because we are programmed to think that any team in the Pokermon world is bad and we must beat the living crap out of them.

But I think Aster Selene pretty much answered the question.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • At first, I thought about it for a good while, but after seeing them with Pokemon, all I can say is that they are huge hypocrites for saying such a thing. Taking what Yoshikko said that Team Plasma stated ""locking Pokémon in tiny spaces" is a prime example, because if they felt this way, then I would have never battled any Team Plasma Grunts to begin with. They clearly use Pokemon just the way they describe the way we use Pokemon, as "slaves" even though that is entirely not true for most.

:t354:TG

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    If you can take care of the Pokemon and keep it happy, of course the Pokemon should stay with you. I love acting like I take good care of mine. But if they aren't happy, I'd try to be nicer to it and make it happy.

Like in HG/SS, when I talk to the partner Pokemon and they get frustrated and have angry faces, I do stuff to make it smile and change its mood. It all depends on how the Pokemon react to you and what kind of trainer you really are. So half and half, disagree and agree with what Plasma believes in.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    In the beginning of the game I thought Team Plasma seemed okay and their views weren't that bad...until they kicked Munna!
    That's when I realized Team Plasma was completely bonkers.

Back