• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone else complete the Dex?

Years
I was determined to complete the pokédex in X and Y and ended up pouring 719 hours into the game.. Anyone else complete the pokédex? How long did it take you? What was the hardest part? What made you want to complete it?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Let's see, it took me around 5 months to complete the Pokédex on X, as the PokéBank wasn't available on its expected launch day.

Years
Believe it or not it took me around 1 and a half month and 300 hours of in-game time to complete the whole national LIVING dex without resorting to wonder trade though it required incredible amount of dedication from me but it was worth it. Completing living dex made it all the more difficult but now I don't have to be concerned about filling the gaps in the upcoming games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022
Think it maybe only look me a couple of weeks, but I'd been storing up Pokemon on all the older games for ages.

Hardest bit was all the event legendaries!!!

It was just really cool to go through them all and have a little story about how you got each one, and where it came from.

Years
With over 1000 hours of gameplay at this point; it took me until just a few days ago to complete the Central, Coastal and Mountain dex for Pokémon X. I had never been much of a Pokédex completionist, but lately I've been wanting to get a hold of the Oval and Shiny charms, so I'm going to try to complete the national dex soon. :) Since my X is mainly a breeding file, the hardest part was getting a few evolutions like Boldore, Magmortar, Rhyperior and others.

Years
Game was released in October 2013, I managed to complete the dex in February 2014, so not very long after the release. Couple of aquaintances I've met in PokeMMO helped me through this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I only was like 4 Pokemon off, but as I got OR after that, I instead just got the dex completed in that game and restarted my X. I think, I was around 600 hours in, or so.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I didn't complete the Pokédex. I completed it in Pokémon Platinum... But the next games have a lot of Pokémon, I can't complete it now.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Well, mine is completed and is just under 300 minutes completed. Hardest part was probably finding someone to borrow the event legendaries. I completed it in pursuit of the shiny charm and specifically in pursuit of a shiny furfrou. Not sure why but that became a kind of obsession for me and I completed it earlier today.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
I have a living dex in my box, been keeping a living dex since generation 3. However almost everything from pre-gen 6 was transferred from my previous games via wonder trade.

Before generation 6 I usually only transferred fully evolved pokemon to next generations, then bred them for the rest. You really don't want to send 400+ pokemon through the gen 4 pal park.

Reactions: Sun

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I had complete dex in White which I transferred over to OR via bank (Painful process).

I then caught the new Gen 6 pokemon in a friends copy of X they lent me. No idea how long it took me altogether but a long time for the white dex and probably 6 weeks to get all in X including time to complete the game.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have a living dex in my box, been keeping a living dex since generation 3. However almost everything from pre-gen 6 was transferred from my previous games via wonder trade.

Before generation 6 I usually only transferred fully evolved pokemon to next generations, then bred them for the rest. You really don't want to send 400+ pokemon through the gen 4 pal park.

Having a live Pokédex is definitely helpful for completing a Pokédex.

Years
I've never completed the Dex in any game I've played, and it was the same here. I did at least get a huge chunk of the entire Kalos Pokedex filled through dedication.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've got 714 registered. The only ones I'm missing are event Pokemon, so I've completed it as far as getting the Shiny Charm, the certificate in my bedroom, and the related Global Link medals.

(And yes, that means I even had to capture my most hated yellow rodent *shudder* Didn't catch that thing till the absolute end.)

Back