• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else gonna wait for the 3rd version?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Gold and Silver came out a year after the color was released whilst this time BW are coming out atleast a few months before the 3ds. Plus i'm pretty sure that GS were color games, the box shows the color logo, not a gameboy logo saying it will have extra features on the color.
    Gold/Silver can be played on a regular monochrome Gameboy. Crystal cannot. Just saying.

For it to have extra features such as improved graphics, i think that they would need it to be a 3ds game thats compatible with ds, but from the information we have seen so far this is not likely, and will probably be just a ds game.
    The DS is pretty much dead.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    God knows when the third version will come out. I'm getting Pokémon White as soon as the games release here. Besides, I need one game aside to complete the dex in anyway.

Years
    well, back in gen 3 I ended up getting sapphire then emerald. I didn't do that in gen 4; I didn't get platinum. emerald wasn't different enough from the originals. I don't plan on getting platinum either because it's a waste when I already have diamond.

then again, I hated diamond and everyone says platinum is way better......... for this reason I want to wait for the remake of the 5th generation. I don't think I should get black or white, because I know if I get black or white, I won't be able to get the remake which will probably be better. I don't want to go the d/p route again... and feel the disappointment...

lol but I'm not sure on that either. they might not make b/w such a fail in the new generation, plus I really don't want to wait two years. and if they change the game too much in the remake, I'll never know what the originals were like. so maybe I should get the originals.

the wait might not be such a problem though because I plan on making my heart gold last a long time. I want to try and get all my pokemon -- every one -- to high levels without cheating and stuff. and I want to complete my pokedex without cheats. when I do finish, I want to play explorers of time. so I'll be busy for a while, I might be able to stand the wait. two years is a long time, though...

then we have roms. roms will make it possible to play both (d and pl, or b/w and remake). but roms aren't portable, they'll be in the computer so I'll have to stay at the computer all the time, which I don't feel good about doing. I do feel like I'm going to do platinum on a rom though because I want to try it (I'll just choose 6 pokemon and go through the game, no training all of them or ev training, etc, I just want to play it through). that'll keep me busy too... but not sure if I'll want to do that in gen 5. maybe I'll get the originals, make it a long game, then play the run-through rom of the remake just to play it, like I'll do with platinum. hm...

lol I really don't know.

but I think it's probably more worth it to get the originals and then if have the money buy the remake. if not play the rom. I sound so unsure of myself lol... because I am lol... but this is probably what I'll do. if you agree say "aye!"

gives you a lot to think about, doesn't it?

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    well, back in gen 3 I ended up getting sapphire then emerald. I didn't do that in gen 4; I didn't get platinum. emerald wasn't different enough from the originals. I don't plan on getting platinum either because it's a waste when I already have diamond.

then again, I hated diamond and everyone says platinum is way better......... for this reason I want to wait for the remake of the 5th generation. I don't think I should get black or white, because I know if I get black or white, I won't be able to get the remake which will probably be better. I don't want to go the d/p route again... and feel the disappointment...

lol but I'm not sure on that either. they might not make b/w such a fail in the new generation, plus I really don't want to wait two years. and if they change the game too much in the remake, I'll never know what the originals were like. so maybe I should get the originals.

the wait might not be such a problem though because I plan on making my heart gold last a long time. I want to try and get all my pokemon -- every one -- to high levels without cheating and stuff. and I want to complete my pokedex without cheats. when I do finish, I want to play explorers of time. so I'll be busy for a while, I might be able to stand the wait. two years is a long time, though...

then we have roms. roms will make it possible to play both (d and pl, or b/w and remake). but roms aren't portable, they'll be in the computer so I'll have to stay at the computer all the time, which I don't feel good about doing. I do feel like I'm going to do platinum on a rom though because I want to try it (I'll just choose 6 pokemon and go through the game, no training all of them or ev training, etc, I just want to play it through). that'll keep me busy too... but not sure if I'll want to do that in gen 5. maybe I'll get the originals, make it a long game, then play the run-through rom of the remake just to play it, like I'll do with platinum. hm...

lol I really don't know.

but I think it's probably more worth it to get the originals and then if have the money buy the remake. if not play the rom. I sound so unsure of myself lol... because I am lol... but this is probably what I'll do. if you agree say "aye!"

gives you a lot to think about, doesn't it?

Anyone else gonna wait for the 3rd version?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Gold/Silver can be played on a regular monochrome Gameboy. Crystal cannot. Just saying.
    Visit this link and look under "Platforms" to the right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver

I believe they did that so people who had a regular Gameboy could play it if they so choose too. Back in 2000, 145 for a new game was a lot of money, it still is a lot of money. Not everybody was willing to shell out money to stay on top of technology like we do today.

The DS is pretty much dead.

Not just yet. There is a DSi and a DSi XL that where just released, not to mention there are still games coming out for them. When you go to Walmart and don't see any DS consoles or DS games in the display case, then the DS is dead.

Now on to the topic. I plan on importing White, and will probably buy the English Black, and if a third version (Pokemon Grey?) comes out, I will most likely get it due to that you can usually only get cretin Pokemon in said third version.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    No way am I waiting for the third version. I'm getting both at launch, and the third version when it launches. So I'll have all three, as always.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I'm most likely waiting for the 3rd version... I had and lost 2 Sapphire carts, so when I was able to get another Pokemon game, I just got Emerald, primarily due to the extra features. If RSE gets a 3DS remake, (:D) then of course I'll get the Sapphire remake. But yeah, it gets on my nerves a bit when I have to play Sapphire again, because I'm all like "*sigh...* But in Emerald, you have more Battle facilities, Gym rebattles, EV-enhancing, abilities with outside-of-battle effects..." (no offense to Sapphire, though, it hooked me back into Pokemon!)...

So I'll hold out for "Gray" Version to obtain all the new Pokemon and extra features all at once, as well as to save money. I have a lot of training to do in the future regarding Emerald, FireRed, Platinum, and HeartGold anyway (the latter two of which I don't have yet) so I'm going to be occupied regardless during the long wait time. The major disadvantage about waiting for the Gen V third version is going to be being prone to all the juicy spoilers online in the Pokemon forums as well as Bulbapedia info before I even get to immerse myself in a Gen V game! :(

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Eh, I can never resist when there are new Pokemon introduced. I like to collect all of the versions anyway so I'll be getting both Black and White then I will cop the third installment.

Years
    if there isnt a third legend to go along with zekrom and reshiram, then there wont even be a third game anyways. no rayquaza, no emerald, etc.

and ill be getting white so i can get zekrom. :3

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    if there isnt a third legend to go along with zekrom and reshiram, then there wont even be a third game anyways. no rayquaza, no emerald, etc.

and ill be getting white so i can get zekrom. :3

I wanted white for White Forest but then i saw i'd get Zekrom and that's an added bonus.
    But i didn't bother with Platinum so unless there are some really cool new features i'll just stick with white ^^

Years
    I wanted white for White Forest but then i saw i'd get Zekrom and that's an added bonus.
    But i didn't bother with Platinum so unless there are some really cool new features i'll just stick with white ^^

yeah, i probably wouldnt get the third game (if there is one) unless it had some really cool new features.

but in the case of B&W, it looks like there are gonna be a rediculous amount of new things, and i cant imagine adding MORE stuff on top of that

Back