• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone else like Fennekin?

Years
  • I've always loved Fennekin, ever since I first saw the Kalos starters! It's one of the most adorable Pokemon in my opinion, and an interesting fire/psychic combo. Its evolutions grew on me, though I have to admit, at first I was a little sad that I won't be using that cute little fox anymore. Now, I think the branch in Delphox's tail is the cutest thing ever! Even though it grew up, it still keeps its precious old branch safely hidden within its fur. Also, I find it very useful to have a psychic so early in the game and not needing to raise it when my team is 3x stronger than it. It's probably one of my most used and trusted Pokemon now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    My starter choice was going to be Chespin, but when I actually got the game I went with Froakie because Water Pokemon are useful on playthroughs. As for Fennekin, I quite like it's evolution line as well, especially Braixen.
    So glad it becomes a Fire/Psychic fox mage when it evolves. It's shiny forms are also my favorite of the Kalos starters (particularly Braixen/Delphox)--I love the purple, white, and red color scheme it gets.
    Going to be trying out the Choice Specs Switcheroo set with mine.

Last edited:

Seeker.

Brilliant
    Years
  • Fennekin is pretty cool. I chose it as my starter during my first playthough of Y, and it was one of my most useful Pokemon. The wand it uses is one of my favorite things about it. It's a really awesome Pokemon.

Years
  • I feel that I should point out that a few of the people that are saying that they love Fennekin are either fire type starter users or actually have Fennekin as a profile picture... I like the pokemon but I am not a great fan of the evolutions. Overall I think the design is adorable but not further down the line when it evolves... ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I love fennekin, by far my favourite of the 3 Kalos starters but I hate its evolutions. I like the idea of a Fire/Psychic but I didn't like the look of Delphox at all.

AmyTheOddball

Aspiring Author
    Years
  • I chose Fennekin. There wasn't any doubts for me aha! It's design is awesome and I haven't got a problem with my male Delphox looking a bit feminine. Next time I play through X, I'll use Froakie.

Years
  • #TeamChesnaught.

Out of the three, Chesnaught is the one that I love both the most and the least. In terms of design, Chesnaught is just the bulky grass type I've always wanted. In actual gameplay, it falls so far behind Delphox and Greninja that it's really sad to see.

Aw that's disappointing to hear =( Although I am a grass pokemon lover now this'll make me even more indecisive when I start playing hrmmmm.

Years
  • Ah yes, it's my favorite Kalos Pokemon. I have chosen it as my starter, and after I finished the game, I decided to breed it via Masuda Method. I got couple of Shiny ones looking for Female with Magician, but ended with female Blaze one. Right now I have one Shiny Delphox with Magician (male) and Shiny Braixen with Blaze (female).

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Fennekin is really cute and all, but his evolutions are just... meh in my opinion. My personal fav is Greninja, and i regret even now, in postgame, that i picked Chespin :/

Back