• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else resetting their game?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    maybe when i am sick of the current game, usually it takes a lot of time till i restart, maybe i wont and just wait till the third game is here.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I won't be reseting mine. I have already transfered my pokemon over from previos games. I am gutted I have some hacked shinys I got in trade and would love to have only shinys I got legitimatly but can't reset it now. Way to many pokemon transfered.

White I haven't even started, I am going for a shiny on that one so I reset it ever 1000 resets I do.

Years
    in black i reset my game after i beat the elite 4 the first time i quickly had a look around black city and the like then i started a new gameand this will be my keeper

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    On White? God no. I value all my Pokemon there.

I've reset Black like 6 times though :x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Heck no! After finding 3 shinies and suffering through the whole "let's make level grinding insanely hard by making lower leveled Pokemon give next to no experience points" thing, there's no way my White's getting reset now. Having transferred a few Pokemon from my older Pokemon games also tells me not to reset.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Not to mention, now that the Dream World's started up it's kinda bad to reset... you kinda lock yourself out of the DW if you do...

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    This is the only gen where I've never reset, and don't plan to either. It'd not even due to level-up difficulty, or dream world constraints. I just like my run-through, I like my shinies, and I like my trained pokemon.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I will not. I won't reset my game when I have the data online now. Especially not when the data's on Game Sync. Besides, this contains part of my memories.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I don't plan on reseting my pokemon white or black untill the next generation comes out xD

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    This is my third playthrough, bit I think I will not reset this time. This is my favorite team yet, and I think this will be my last story playthrough :)

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I reset my Pokemon Black after I got to the fourth Gym, I just wanted to try somthing different.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I reset my game after I decided that I screwed my team up too much on my first playthrough. Once I reached White Forest, I only had Samurott (level 61) left from my original lineup.

That Zoroark

The Zoroark That Likes Pie....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Maybe...

When the game gets too boring because im done with like,EVERYTHING, im gonna trade all my good pokes to my friends pokemon black and restart it. Each time i restart it im goning to have a ENTIRE different pokemon team. Why would i do this? I Don't have wifi......

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Im most likely going to have to reset it because after Im finished with it, my sister wants to play.. 3:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I traded over most of my rarer Pokemon to my brother's file so I could start over and try to Nuzlocke Black. :D

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I won't reset my Black, but if I ever buy White I'll use that to play over and over again.

Kyoto

Hai, wanna pair? ^^
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I may restart my White version, but I am going to stick with Black!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Pokemon B/W Is just to epic to reset, When you go to reset it you get a epic fail screen xD

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I've reset my White three times so far, but I'm not resetting it this time. I've got the event Pokemon, 2 shinies, almost all of the Unova Pokemon obtained, etc. There's no way I'm resetting now.

Back