• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone ever wonder why Team Rocket NEVER GIVE UP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ever since I started watching the show in 1998 (or 1997, not sure). I've always wondered why Team Rocket get blasted (and obviously hurt) and come back again. Countless times. Sometimes more than once in one episode. I mean, kids aren't stupid. In real life, they would be dead by now. When I was a kid, I wondered why they weren't dead after being 'blasted off' a hundred times. Anyone ever wondered what's wrong with them?. Why can't they just catch their own Pokemon and work a proper job?. I mean, seriously. Is Pikachu really worth THAT much?. They ARE amusing, but it just seems sorta weird after all these years. HAHA

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was always under impression that they just constantly went after Pikachu, because from episode 2 onward they were under the impression that it was a special Pikachu, and it would please Giovanni more than any other Pokemon. D; Therefore, the only thing they knew to do, was to keep going after it.

They're Team Rocket.. > >;; they'd rather spend over 600 episodes trying to catch Ash's Pikachu, than go catch their own and spend time raising it. eff.

Years
  • Apparently, they thought that Pikachu would be the best gift for Giovanni. They were after Ash even since the second episode.
    Spoiler:

In real life, they would be dead by now.
    This is the Pokemon World. Anything and everything can happen here.

I mean, seriously. Is Pikachu really worth THAT much?.
    Ahem! This Pikachu beat a
    Darkrai Regice and drew against Latios. That is just one incidence. It actually is pretty special.
    Also, Meowth did mention once that Pikachu's power has far exceeded its evolutionary level. (Or something along those lines)

Last edited:

aglaya

Duchess of Heracross
    Years
  • Pikachu's special, I guess. What I don't understand is how it beats Darkrai and Latios, then goes around losing to far weaker pokemon. (I mean, Pikachu shouldn't be invencible or something, but with so many battles fought, you'd think he'd lose only to the best).

Team Rocket doesn't give up because they're just stubbornly commited to triumphing over the brats like that, I guess.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In my honest opinion, all I can say if that Jessie, James and Meowth arn't the brightest of all people (Well at least before Best Wishes). Im pretty sure if they sent him a pikachu, he would send it back - remember yanma? (Now yanmega) xD

Ahem! This Pikachu beat a Darkrai and drew against Latios. That is just one incidence. It actually is pretty special.
    Also, Meowth did mention once that Pikachu's power has far exceeded its volutionary level. (Or something along those lines)
    Ahem! Pikachu didn't beat Darkrai, Sceptile beat it. Also in my opinion it only drew against Latios because some of the pokémon sent out before pikachu wore it out a little.
    In my opinion, yes it's power does exceed it's evolution - but only along exsperience and level wise. (if that even counts in the anime) Pikachu has always had to have a rematch to ever beat a Raichu also...
    Also, this comes onto another topic, it's "power-reset" every time it goes to a new region. It may have beaten pokemon like Regice and fainted a Latios, but in the end it still lost to a beginning Tsutarja.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Okay, I have seen little of the anime and this question has a few obvious answers (to me).

Let's start with Meowth:
    Meowth has always wanted to belong. First, he learned to speak and walk on two feet just to impress Meowsy. Then Meowsy was a b!%&$ and took him as a freak for this. He was then kicked out of his 'pack' of Meowth because of his strange new ways. He has never belonged anywhere and only wants the boss to like him as a Meowth and not a stuck up Persian. So, he's always trying to impress the boss. Ever since the boss said he wanted that Pikachu, he's been determined to get it. Though it seems his determination goes down throughout the years.

Jesse was an amazing Team Rocket member, then she was paired with James and Meowth. They dragged her down and brought out her true, nutty personality. She probably just wants to be as good a Team Rocket member as her mother, whom disappeared while searching for Mew. So, like Meowth, she has been determined to get Pikachu ever since they found that this Pikachu was special and insanely powerful (though the power has also gone down over the years).

James was the rich kid who, oddly enough, didn't like his life. He didn't like being pampered and all of the other things that come with money. If I remember correctly, he wanted to get away from his parents because they didn't understand him, and had made him an arranged marriage. So, he joined Team Rocket to get away from them. He too wishes to impress the boss (though the reason escapes me) and he wants to stick with Jesse and Meowth.

The reason they are not dead is, the show would be nothing without them and you don't just kill off characters (or at least not all of them) in a kids show. Though, if you would like to see them get serious and stop with the blasting off, maybe you should watch Pokemon: Black and White (yes, sadly it is not Best Wishes in english)

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • its because this pikachu is like smarter than the whole of team rocket combined. It would be great use for giovanny to replace his studid persian

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Because they really love pikachu? o.o I have always wondered that too. Maybe they are being threatened by Giovanni, maybe he held them at gunpoint saying: If you dont bring me that hat wearing step-childs' pikachu, then off with your head!!

I am 99.9% sure something like that went down :]

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Ahem! This Pikachu beat a Darkrai and drew against Latios. That is just one incidence. It actually is pretty special.
    Also, Meowth did mention once that Pikachu's power has far exceeded its evolutionary level. (Or something along those lines)

Double ahem! Sure Pikachu beat legendaries, but it loses to far weaker Pokemon, like Elekid, Mewoth (Not Team Rocket's), Tsutarja, Hiyappu, etc.

So it may have it's glory once in a while, but it also has some downfalls.

Years
  • Double ahem! Sure Pikachu beat legendaries, but it loses to far weaker Pokemon, like Elekid, Mewoth (Not Team Rocket's), Tsutarja, Hiyappu, etc.

So it may have it's glory once in a while, but it also has some downfalls.
    As for the defeat to Tsutaja; that my friend, is a completely different issue. Let us not bring the level reset mechanics into discussion now. It is the doing of the evil writers who want the show to be a start of the new viewers.

And, exceptions always exist. You cannot ignore the fact that Pikachu has been a life saver for Ash a number of times. Losing a few times now and then doesn't matter.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Like some people said, Team Rocket thinks Ash's Pikachu is special and will stop at nothing to try and get it for Giovanni. Why they don't get killed before each blast off is because of comic relief.

TheDman11

Pokemon Master in training
    Years
  • Here is my theory

Team Rocket never gives up because........

THEY ARE MENTALLY RETARDED
    Now before you begin to disagree or agree let me give you the facts
    1. Pikachu is a very common Pokemon and can be caught nearly anywhere
    2. They DO NOT give a crap about Meowth, AKA THE WORLDS ONLY TALKING POKEMON!
    3. They continue to attack Ash and friends with the same tactics and Pokemon expecting different results
    4. They work for a man who can easily be beaten by ten year olds with far weaker Pokemon
    5. They forget Ash has more than 1 Pokemon and don't try to catch his other Pokemon such as Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax etc.
    6. No matter how many times their robots and Pokemon lose they think "Hey lets build a giant robot!" or "Lets use these weak as crap Pokemon without training them!"

So there you have it the (based on my research and "facts") reason why Team Rocket never gives up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Because The Animator doesn't let them Gave Up and Do Something Better with their life !!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back