• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone find it hard to play

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
  • With missing out on the schedule release of the bank I've kinda lost my motivation to keep playing. People are being super stingy with trading, the lures kinda gone for me I beat the got 7 badges started over and I'm still on my second badge Im just interested in the game. I've been playing heart gold tho however lol I love that game. I think this new game is just too pretty for me besides lacking a rich story line and a corny villain group.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Personally, I don't have a hard time playing this game :3

I think there is much more left to do and to entertain yourself :) For example, I have been doing a lot of training and filling up the Pokedex (by obtaining every single Pokemon and store it in my PC Boxes to train later on), also finally after beating the Elite Four I have some time to hunt for shinies (like the MM) and practice with the PokeRadar :) Something I just like doing :3

I also like to battle, create new teams and explore some more stuff there is left to do after beating the Elite Four. Maybe if a future game comes out, the story will be somewhat longer more likely ;)

I know too many people on the GTS have no soul and ask ridiculous things in return, I just skip ahead or wait for a few more days to see if there are some people there that actually HAVE a soul in rare occassions and simply trade with them :)

Edit: This is actually my first Pokemon game ever where I have spend A LOT of time regarding playing this game! :3 (300+ hours now). I also have all the other games, but played those never that long enough and I started a new game in there soon enough after like, 30 hours or so ;)

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I have been finding it boring lately without my Doubles team back in my Black 2 to do some Match-ups. All i've been doing is breeding some perfect Pokemon but they don't seem enough for me to go start battling in the Match-ups :\

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I'm not exactly sure how the Pokemon Bank works, but you don't need it to enjoy yourself! I've always liked Pokemon as a solo game. That's how it was played when we were all kids and stuff. Anyways, you should keep giving it another chance. You haven't beaten the game yet, so you don't know how awesome it is yet :P

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • I said I got to 7 or maybe even 8 badges and had like 3 pokemon trained and started over. Sorry my opinion is it's boring like it or not that's how I feel.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I said I got to 7 or maybe even 8 badges and had like 3 pokemon trained and started over. Sorry my opinion is it's boring like it or not that's how I feel.

Well, I can imagine for some people, looking for more challenges in a game this can be quite boring soon :x But, everyone has it's own opinion so that's fine, I do hope some new challenges may come in future games though! :)

Years
  • I got the shiny charm and pretty much gave up playing. Its okay though BC cod doesn't really get old to me while I'm waiting on poke bank. I'm just worried about after I get all my pkmn over from my black 2 what I'm going to do. I just hope we get a " z " version sooner than past releases, I'm craving more story and new areas to explore

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I haven't done much on my Y lately. After 220 hours, there isn't a whole lot left to do. But once the Bank comes out, I'll start playing a lot again. Basically what I have left to do is complete the Kalos Dex and maybe, someday, I'll finally beat that goddamned Battle Maison (been trying to beat the battle facility since Black/White). But I wanna want for the Bank cuz that'll make things a bit easier.

Besides, not playing it for a while might help or something.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • I totally agree with what your saying about GTS! People are asking for ridiculous things on there for
    pokes that are fairly common. It's impossible to get the vivillon patterns without networking on forum(s) like this one and still I have only six. Heck I can't even get a deerling without people asking for my Xerneas or Mewtwo or even some pokes not available to US players like Mew or Genesect. It's those things that kill games not AR or hackers. I don't use either, but I'm happy when things are relatively available for a reasonable cost rather than literally IMPoSSIBLE to get. I guess I'm more of a collector than "competitive online battler" I'm rather good at battling but I like getting pokes (capture or trade) and hunting shiny ones more.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Besides, not playing it for a while might help or something.

Yes, we might even end up doing something productive with our time {XD}

In all seriousness though, I've pretty much done all I possibly can at this stage (especially with no WiFi for the foreseeable future :( ), and I'm finding it hard to keep playing. Battle Maison is pretty much all I do now. I want all those statues, damn it!

Years
  • I only finished the main story on X in 3 days in my case and while I do admit there is a fair lack of postgame I do manage to kill my time by training spare Pokemon I have, play around with Pokemon Amie and also battle in the Battle Chateau, currently holding the Grand Duchess rank, it's an easy place to train once you get those Furisode Girls with the Audinos.

And of course I'm collecting all the clothing items, which I believe I might still be missing one item or something.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I totally agree with what your saying about GTS! People are asking for ridiculous things on there for
    pokes that are fairly common. It's impossible to get the vivillon patterns without networking on forum(s) like this one and still I have only six. Heck I can't even get a deerling without people asking for my Xerneas or Mewtwo or even some pokes not available to US players like Mew or Genesect. It's those things that kill games not AR or hackers. I don't use either, but I'm happy when things are relatively available for a reasonable cost rather than literally IMPoSSIBLE to get. I guess I'm more of a collector than "competitive online battler" I'm rather good at battling but I like getting pokes (capture or trade) and hunting shiny ones more.

Genesect was available to US players in 2012, I remember seeing the little posters in the electronics section at Wal Mart and everything: https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/649.shtml If you want to go back far enough, even Mew was available via WiFi in 2010 https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/151.shtml

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    I think it depends on the kind of player your are.

Some of us like to go for "challenging" things, like shiny hunting, dex completition or try to beat the battle maison.

Everyone of us would like more things to do after de E4, but sadly this is not HG/SS. :c

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    *reads all the people struggling for something to do, then looks sheepishly at his game at 544 hours and he STILL hasn't been to the second gym yet*

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • I totally agree with what your saying about GTS! People are asking for ridiculous things on there for

I was looking for growlithes on the GTS, and not a SINGLE person wasnt asking for a legendary. Ridiculous.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • *reads all the people struggling for something to do, then looks sheepishly at his game at 544 hours and he STILL hasn't been to the second gym yet*

544 hours and you have one badge!!!??? Holy cow lol... I got one badge with like 15 hours currently and I thought I was bad haha

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I was looking for growlithes on the GTS, and not a SINGLE person wasnt asking for a legendary. Ridiculous.

That's why you post something you think is a decent trade and ask for a Growlithe.

544 hours and you have one badge!!!??? Holy cow lol... I got one badge with like 15 hours currently and I thought I was bad haha

yeah, this was my first pokemon game since Ruby/Saphire/Emerald so I never experienced the whole wifi thing, so when I was able to Wonder Trade and GTS right off the bat, that was a couple hundred hours of fun right there cause you could always get something that someone else wanted for something you wanted. Well then I came across the breeding daycare and wow, let me tell you, I may not finish Pokemon till Xmas 2015! ;-)

Last edited:

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    my only problem is waiting to start my Y version, i have that one to play the game and my X I use for collecting, breeding, trading, training, etc. So I've been building teams, but not like i used to.

With all games, you have the falling out moment after you've finished and you move on to other titles. I might just do one more playthrough in Y after the Bank comes out and let my 3ds rest until Z or whatever other pokemon title comes along.

Years
  • I don't really play it any more, I've got 330 hours on that game but a lot of it has just been running around in the grass and breeding. But that gets old quick and I'm not interested in finishing the pokedex because I am going to want to start my game over once Pokebank comes out, and probably going to want to keep starting it over and I myself don't get any joy completing the dex, I catch what I see and don't go hunting for things I don't want to use anyways. But when bank is out I am going to switch my important pokemon over and start over and then send them back to my game. I did have a lot of fun with the game though and can't wait to start it over.

Back