• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone find it weird?

Years
    That there is only one evolution to previous pokemon, and that is the eeveelution? Surely if they added one they would add more, or do they count Mega Evos as past evos?

Just weird that they evolved one but no others to me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    There is no new evolutions for other pokemon, other than Sylveon. People have already unlocked the National Dex and it goes up to 718 and Chespin starts it at 650, there are no pokemon undiscovered between Chespin and Z Legend. And yes, GF counts Megas as Evos.

The only thing possibly passed Z Legend are Event Legend and possibly undiscovered legends. We have 97 new pokemon counting Megas. There will probably be 3 to 5 event legends.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    Why is this "odd?" They have been adding a ton of pokemon per generation, we now have 700+ pokemon to catch, and a bunch more to discover with a new evo system. After converting all those into wonderful 3D models, awesome 3D models, and all the characters and world map, I think they deserve a short break, don't you?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Actually they already had the models in 3D from Poképark 2, they have a similar model to the ones from Poképark 2 on Wii.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    We have to take in consideration that this time they've had to release all the new pokemon in a 3d format as opose to a regular sprite, plus we had a worldwide release. I too also hope that we recieve a few event pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    it first full 3d pokemon got catch'em all series. trying to merge all the pokemon from 1-5 into this game with the new models and animation

Years
    We have to take in consideration that this time they've had to release all the new pokemon in a 3d format as opose to a regular sprite, plus we had a worldwide release. I too also hope that we recieve a few event pokemon.

Well the reason there wasn't as many new Pokemon this generation was mainly due to all the work they had to do on the 3D models and also the simultaneous worldwide release. But yeah it's kinda funny when you noticed there's only three Legendaries that new in this gen, way less than every other generation.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Not really. Hoenn only had two pre-evolutions and all of the Unova Pokemon were completely unrelated.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well the reason there wasn't as many new Pokemon this generation was mainly due to all the work they had to do on the 3D models and also the simultaneous worldwide release. But yeah it's kinda funny when you noticed there's only three Legendaries that new in this gen, way less than every other generation.

I actually like the number of legendary and not found it weird, because we got too much from the previous Generations. :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think every generation had its own special thing. For the Sinnoh games, it was evolutions of previously established pokémon. A large part of the Sinnoh dex consists of evolutions or baby pokémon. That was Sinnoh's (or Gen IV's) thing. Gen V gave us a whole new pokédex without old pokémon, that was their thing.

And for Gen VI, it's the Mega evolutions that is the special thing. I would have loved to see proper prevolutions and evolutions of some pokémon, but that's how it is.

I keep hoping that Gen 7 will tie together some pokémon through new evolution lines... such as Bouffalant/Tauros/Miltank, Luvdisc/Alomomola and some others. It's been done already, remember how Tyrogue tied together Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee?

Years
    I honestly do not find it weird at all because we had the mega evolutions get released, so I don't really see the need to introduce new pre-evolution species or new evolved species of already-existing Pokémon at all, because of the fact that we were introduced with Mega evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think that it's normal, we saw this with predecessor games. I think that the Mega Evolutions could count because they are another evolution stage for the pokemon after all.

Years
    In Gen V there were 0 evolutions from previous generations, so this isn't exactly too surprising.

You have to wonder, though. Will mega evolutions set a precedence for future games not to have any non-mega evolutions from previous generations?

Back