• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone find the 4th genreation's map confusing?

Years
  • I can't say too much about the 2nd generation, cuz i never fully played it.

But (on topic), I found Pearl/platinum/diamond's map to be somewhat confusing, compared to hoeen and kanto. IDK, maybe its just the fact it on a different game system.

anyone feel me here?

Mawile

The Flying Beast of Beyond!
    Years
  • To be honest I found it slightly awkward when first starting up, what with Mt. Coronet sitting in the middle all like "I'M STAYIN FOOL D:<". However it is a LOT better than the 3rd Generation map. All that surfing...when I finished Sapphire I had the urge to get a Tentacool doll just to set fire to it...

...is that just me?

TheDeadpool

My common sense is tingling!
    Years
  • the only thing i dont like about it, is how tiny the world seems. Hoeen seems so much larger... but what do i know?

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • when I finished Sapphire I had the urge to get a Tentacool doll just to set fire to it...

...is that just me?

I know how you feel XD

The 4th Gen map is confusing to me because i've always used fly to get around once I obtained the HM for it, so I never really memorized the layout of things.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Despite being a DPPt junkie, I would have to somewhat agree with you. I often confuse where Pastoria, Hearthome, and Veilstone are because they form a triangle. :c

Years
  • Personally, i liked the 3rd generation map the best. I thought it required a little more thought, with finding out how to get the regi's and the braile.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • One thing I found kind of annoying is I never know where to find what level pokemon if I'm like training a team in it's 30s or something.

the only thing i dont like about it, is how tiny the world seems. Hoeen seems so much larger... but what do i know?
    I agree with you on that. To be honest the whole story in diamond and pearl (not sure about platinum) felt kinda short to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I found it confusing when trying to get to certain cities located around Mt. Coronet. It certainly doesn't help that you have to cut through the mountain several times to get to certain places, using a different entrance and exit each time.

"Okay... do I need to head in through the northeast entrance or the southeast entrance to get to *insert town here*?"

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I'm never fond the 5th generation map to be too confusing, I've memorized every place and can make my way there with ease...
    First you said fond, then you said 5th. If you know what the 5th gen map looks like, post a link please.

Anyway, the fourth generation map is really easy. The third generation map I never really understood. Whoever said they wanted to burn a tentacool doll, I am with you on that.

Well, I know how to beat the third generation games without getting frustrated FOR A LONG PERIOD of time. Here is the procedure:

Get to the part where you have to surf from Lilycove to finish the rest of the game (Slateport, Pacifidlog, Mossdeep, and EverGrande)

Save the game

Go out and buy a tentacool doll

Finish the parts that require Surf, Dive, and Waterfall

Burn the Tentacool doll

Finish the rest of the game.

Anyway, I have the 4th generation map layout all figured out, it was not really hard... at all... Guess certain people have different areas of expertise.

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • To be honest I found it slightly awkward when first starting up, what with Mt. Coronet sitting in the middle all like "I'M STAYIN FOOL D:<". However it is a LOT better than the 3rd Generation map. All that surfing...when I finished Sapphire I had the urge to get a Tentacool doll just to set fire to it...

...is that just me?
    Haha lol, i hate tentacool aswell :D

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • I found the 4th generation map really easy because when I read where to go, I just went there and completed the game in no time.

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • Its harder to get your mind round than any of the other previous games because i think the storyline is so complex and you keep going back and fourth. Its easy to get around though. If your stuck just find a walkthrough online to help you out ;)

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • I don't like the 4th Gen map mainly because of Mt. Coronet. I hate having to navigate through the mountain just to get to a certain town. Other than that, I have no problems with it. (The 3rd Generation map was better, though. All the water routes make the game more interesting.) Why did they take out the Dive HM in the 4th gen?

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't a have with Gen 4's map, but I do wish they could work around Mt. Coronet a bit.
    Also, the routes should have been better imo, especially around the center, but I'm not really complaining.

That said, I don't really go around Mt. Coronet unless it is essential anyway. :/

Chorus.EXE

Winner is Justice!
    Years
  • the map of sinnoh is kinda easy, but look again, Fight Area is totally confuse me -_-

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    It's funny, with all of the surfing in gen III when I started playing gen IV I was like, "Wait, where's the water?"

The map is a bit confusing, especially with Coronet, but it's not too bad. I spend so much time in the Battle Island that I know it pretty well.

Back