• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Anyone found a shiny yet?

Years
  • I've still had absolutely no luck with shiny hunting but tbf I've not got the shiny charm yet so I'll probably wait for that before I try fully.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not yet, but yet to hit postgame strats for shiny hunting anyway. I was quite lucky in SM and found 2 Shiny pokes in the one day... but no such luck as yet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2020
    i found a shiny Gmax charizard the other day, was looking for a male one since i already found a female, and it apeared. i have also found a shiny yamper in a raid and i also found a shiny farfetched.
    my friend found a shiny duralodon in a raid.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    i found a shiny Gmax charizard the other day, was looking for a male one since i already found a female, and it apeared. i have also found a shiny yamper in a raid and i also found a shiny farfetched.
    my friend found a shiny duralodon in a raid.

Wow you are so lucky its what we want to find but havent been on the game a lot lately guess it just hurts my head too much when we play

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • I just found this guy after 186 eggs!

Spoiler:

Years
  • I found a shiny ditto 2 days ago on my 100th battle, trying to get a shiny Magikarp and ive done 600 battles already, and haven't found a shiny Magikarp yet. :(

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I found a shiny Dusclop in the wild. I was not looking for him, he just hapenned to be there.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I bred a shiny Hatenna (225 eggs) and a shiny Solosis (108 eggs) on purpose and then accidentally bred a shiny Snom after 3 eggs just trying to get one with decent IVs. So far so good! I'm not really motivated to try for anymore Galar shinies, it could just be that s/m had such good ones imo (Tsareena, Ribombee, Toxapex, Alolan Ninetales, like omg hello?) and I'm just not super feeling many of the Galar shiny forms

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Finally have my first Galar Shiny. It's a Shiny Timid male Sobble after 171 eggs. (Masuda Method with Shiny charm). The Sobble lines are my favourite Shinys in Galar so I am very pleased to have hatched one.

Years
  • My first shiny was a shiny sobble, i was just hatching some eggs to surprise trade a starter.
    My second was Jangmo-o, i was breeding it for competitive , so it has 4 perfect iv's and the other 2 are very good.
    It was only the 7th egg.
    My third was a shiny ralts in the wild with a golden aura and the square sparkles, with also amazing stats.
    And my 4th was a shiny mawile in a raid with a other leader, i play shield, and my pokedex entree, lol
    And i dont have the shiny charm yet.
    And i tried to deliberately breed a shiny ponyta, is well over 700 hatched eggs, and still no shiny.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Yes, and this is the 2nd cartridge shiny and my first nuzrun cartridge shiny! A shiny Golurk I found while grinding in my Shield run. I would have used it if it didn't have both a bad nature and ability (Bold and Klutz).

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    I was able to hatch a shiny Galarian Corsola and a shiny Toxel. I found a shiny Gossifleur and shiny Skuntank on route 3.
    I also have 6 shiny Magikarps because of the current raid event.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Only one shiny Magikarp. It's literally the only shiny I've found so far.

Years
  • was invited to a shiny magikarp raid hosted by user Castform! ofc my first shiny would be the one with boosted rates, haha

excited to get my own first shiny later ❤️

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • Shiny count.
    1 Dreepy
    1 Gastly
    1 Vulpix
    1 Eevee
    3 snom
    3 Magikarp.

They are all hatched from eggs except the Magikarp they are event ones.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Me and my friends have gotten so many shinies that I feel like they changed the rate.. Magikarp doesn't count. I got a shiny gmax Lapras, shiny raid Ditto, and a shiny Pelipper. My friend has gotten shiny gmax Alcreamie, shiny gmax Kingler and shiny combee. My sister a shiny gmax Gengar.

Years
  • Caught 3 shiny Magicarp for New Year, my first ever non-emulator shines! All female and 5 IV, they're good. Will have to use them for something.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Found a full-odds Bisharp while working on the Pokedex :>

It's my only shiny so far in Gen 8 but I'm glad it's one with a cool colour difference to its original!

Back