• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone got a favourite battle?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ash and his friends has competed in many matches over the years, some very memorable, some not so much. Do any of you have any favourites? I know a lot of people loved Charizard and Magmar's battle. A few people loved thunder armour (though I'm sure a lot thought it was preposterous) and then theres always Ash and Paul's epic battle in the Lily of the Valley Conference, or maybe you prefered his battle with Gary in the Silver conference.

As for me, it's going to be May and Drew's battle in the Kanto Grand Festival. I loved it to bits, it was just so intense, and they both came up with some amazing moves that were just spectacular, the impact of the collision with Squirtle's Ice Beam and Flygon, and Combusken learning overheat, and eventually May winning.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Yeah, May vs Drew was one of my favorite battles.
    I also liked Dawn vs Ursula ("Playing the Performance Encore!") and Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League).

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    This is going to sound dumb, but the first one I thought of was Ash vs. Palmer with Grotle v. Rhyperior. I'm sure there were many better battles, but that was the first one I thought of. Rhyperior almost became my favorite pokemon after that one....almost.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    my fav has to be ash and pauls last battle they had it was the best to me. it showed all there skills and strenghts it was amazing

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Ash and Gary's battle in the jotho, that was one heck of a battle.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked the Ash vs. Paul battles in Lake Acuity and the Pokemon League, because of the intense action in both battles.

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
  • Gotta be Ash vs Jeanette in the Indigo league, Ash is just marching through with Bulbasaur and then she sends out Bellsprout everyones mocking it then it completely pwns and everyones like WTF and then Muk gets a rare and deserved appearance

Ash vs Conway is a favourite of mine, I love Conways strategy and how Ash pulls out a victiry using his trademark surprise tactics.

Ash vs Katie as well is another brilliant battle

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I really liked three battles. Ash vs. Drake(Orange Island), Ash vs. Gary, Ash vs. Harrison.

Ash vs. Drake -This battle was a great six on six. Ending in Ash gaining his first big achievement.

Ash vs. Gary - I am alluding to their full battle at the Silver Conference. I don't know about anyone else but I was anticipating this since the start of the series. It would have been more bittersweet if Gary still had that huge ego of his, then Ash could have knocked him down a peg.

Ash vs. Harrison - Charizard vs. Blaziken match up was probably one of the most interesting head on match ups, and the ending was quite dramatic with Blaziken winning in a pinch and thus winning the match for Harrison.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I haven't seen all battles in the show, not even close, but out of the ones I have seen, the most memorable at least are...

Gary's and Ash's battle after Johto, Paul and Ash's battle where Gliscor is ubercool and Infernape wins over Electavire at last, and that battle with Bulbasaur and Beedrill and Scyther in the first Indigo League was awesome as well.

Oh, and I don't remember where and when, but Ash's Sceptile and May's Blaziken battle it out at some point and I remember liking that battle.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    I think it was the double battle in the Battle Frontier, the second place he visited, where the guy used the Swampert and an Arcanaine I think. From what I can remember it was a great battle.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League is my favorite. It ended not only their rivalry, but also the one between Ash's Infernape and Paul's Electivire. I also liked how Electivire wouldn't allow the referee to call the match off because it knew that Infernape could still battle. The battle also looked a lot like a soccer game or something related, because of how many times the tide of the battle changed, such as when Paul's Drapion started going HAM on everything, but then Ash's Gliscor retaliated.

Ash vs Factory Head Noland was also pretty good. They brought back Charizard again so it could beat Articuno. I think this was the first time Ash defeated a legendary.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Ash vs Harrison - You guys would probably know which part of the battle I loved : P But seriously, the battle between Charizard and Blaziken was so intense, and the end where they tried their hardest to stand up was pretty dramatic.
    That battle also introduced two Hoenn Pokemon that the audience shouldn't have known too much about yet, so it was definetely interesting to see "new" Pokemon, i.e. Kecleon and Blaziken.

May vs Drew - HOMG, so much love. I watched this part so many times, it was that awesome. One of my favourite parts were Squirtle pwning Flygon with Ice Beam, and when May commanded Combusken to use Sky Uppercut (it was called Friction Uppercut in Bulbapedia lol) and Drew's surprised face.

Ash vs Paul - This thing spawned three episodes. THREE. EFFING. EPISODES. The awesomeness was so much to handle the writers had to split the whole thing into three episodes! I loved the tactics Ash and Paul used in the battles - like Paul "stealing" (utilizing) Ash's Counter Shield and Infernape using Flare Blitz to take away the Toxic Spikes. It shows that Ash is seriously considering strategies while battling, which he usually doesn't use in previous years, and that makes me happy, here, let me show you how glad I am : DDDDDDDDDDDD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Ash Vs. Harrison. This is my top battle. I just loved the whole thing really, as the battle progressed it was pretty balanced all the way through. The Snorlax and Steelix battle gave me goosebumps.

Years
  • Ash's Gym Battle against Crasher Wake. I watched this on *mod edit* (it's a website where you can watch full episodes of animes and other cartoons).

Last edited by a moderator:

SirCmpwn

Coding Knight
    Years
  • Well, this is probably a pretty unique response.

My favorite battle is the opening scene of the whole series - where it starts out with the opening battle from the games, then gains depth and goes into a major tournament-style battle. It's so cool - one of my favorite intros of all time.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Paul VS Ash, Sinnoh Leauge.
    Paul VS Barry, Sinnoh Leauge.

Back