• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone got the Official Pokemon Black/White Guide?

Years
  • I ordered mine on the morning Black/White came out in Europe. I have the HG/SS guide too. I love guides as they come in handy when you need to check up on a Pokemons stats, and if you need some help finding things etc.

Discuss -

Does anyone here think they'll be getting one?
    Do you see any point in having one?
    You think it will help you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I preordered the colecters one when i preordered the game. That version has the pokedex in it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dunno, I don't really see the point when the info is online, though the fact that it's collectors edition, idk. Most likely I probably won't though. :(

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I dunno, I don't really see the point when the info is online, though the fact that it's collectors edition, idk. Most likely I probably won't though. :(

Pretty much agree with this. Though, it's great as a piece of collectors item, though they tend to be pretty pricey.

Zet

Years
  • I'm not going to be buying the guide until it has had a decent price drop. $38 is way tooo much for a guide, and $48 for the collector's edition makes me feel like I'm buying another video game.

vraikou

vraaaaaaaaaaikou
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Even including costs, I don't think I'd buy the guide. I already know most things about Pokemon as it is; and with the internet, there's not much reason to buy one anyway. :<

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I think the guide is good to have laying around if like your internet goes off, but otherwise everything is online so I wouldn't really see a point to be honest.

Years
  • My mate got the guide and when he got home and opened it, he saw there was no Pokedex in it, since it is only Volume 1, and Volume 2 will have the Pokedex in it!

I did laugh a lot. But, I won't be getting the guide, since I have the Internet, if I need to find something out.​

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    I bought the HGSS one when they came out, so will probably pick the B/W one up as well. There was quite a bit of helpful info in the HGSS one. :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Probably not. I prefer finding my way through the game on my own. Plus, it's not like I'll actually be using it in the first place. To be honest, I never really see the point in spending so much money for guidebooks, other than them being a collector's item, when I can find the information I might be looking for online. :\

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My mate got the guide and when he got home and opened it, he saw there was no Pokedex in it, since it is only Volume 1, and Volume 2 will have the Pokedex in it!

I did laugh a lot. But, I won't be getting the guide, since I have the Internet, if I need to find something out.​

HA, what a joke! Definitely not getting it then. I would get it solely for the Pokedex... come to think of it, I haven't even gotten one of these guides since Crystal came out. This Volume 1 and 2 thing has been going on since when? 4th gen?

Nameless.

Guidebooks are fun to read through, mainly for the bits of trivia they throw here and there.
    However, I will not be getting the guidebook! I'm lucky to even get the game at all this time around. Money is the root of all evils. ;O;

bbybrawler

The Golden Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    For those who want to get the collectors edition (or just the regular one) Barnesandnoble.com has them for $16.66 and $11.00 for the regular one
    Just ordered mine last night should get it in the mail in about a week.

Back