• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Anyone had that Onix Glitch?

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
    Yeah, it does do weird stuff and it could mess up your game a lot. Part of it, when it atually works how you want, involves Pokemon's nicknames and OTs and deleting some Pokemon.

But if you get past it all and if all went well, without too much serious damage, your game should be back to normal.
    Ah so that is why the one i saw needed pokemon stadium 2 also does it glitch the sprites?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Bad clones can have many things wrong with them, I'm not sure about the sprite being messed up. But I've never actually done it myself (I don't abuse glitches), I've just heard about it.

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
    I have a theory that if you clone a pokemon and the data gets corrupted because of the half save, sometimes the game loads the wrong color pallet. I had that happen with a few clones of mine, they weren't normal or shiny, just off. It's probably trying to use the pallet for another sprite or just a random pallet. It would make sense that the same thing could happen with the name, random symbols an such instead of the letters. Almost a man-made missingno.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    I haven't ever come across this glitch before. It looks similar to that celebi glitch on youtube.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I had one in R . I was trying to trade using that TradeEmulatorPlugin . And I traded the Onix from R to B . It turned into a Meowth called : ?pkmn? .
    It knew Splash , Cut and Tail Whip .
    I certainly dunno what happened .

Also 333th post ! w00t ! :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Weird but then again cloning causes bad clones sometimes. Though this is the first time I heard of a bad clone of a different colour.

Would you believe I deliberately got a bad clone to mess around with. Someone discovered if you get a bad enough clone and mess around with hex numbers when it came to Pokemon and moves you can change Pokemon with the right method of moving them around and depositing with the bad clone. Got a few celebi's out of it from Sneasel eggs believe it or not. Pity by the time this was discovered most people games were dead due to the battery. So it never really got big plus it's a very complicated glitch and can stuff the game up a bit if done wrong. There's also 2 types of bad clones. One that looks like a bad clone but isn't scrambled enough in the data and doesn't change anything and the other bad clone is so scrambled in the data that depositing Pokemon in the same box of it actually has effect.

The method is floating on some sites that focus on glitches. The most common method is the non egg method. The egg method I researched with some guys on gamefaqs and I find easier to work with. Though I wouldn't recommend either since you are messing with bad clones. I used a spare Crystal I didn't mind glitching and well it's a little glitched due to a side effect. Cancel has a space underneath it in the bag.XD

It was fun messing around with it though.
    How'd you deliberately get a bad clone? I wan't one. Not for celebi (it's useless), but rather cuz it's possible to get Mewtwo (or ANY pokemon for that matter, except Ledyba) using the egg trick, this time using splash rather than Beat Up.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
    How'd you deliberately get a bad clone? I wan't one. Not for celebi (it's useless), but rather cuz it's possible to get Mewtwo (or ANY pokemon for that matter, except Ledyba) using the egg trick, this time using splash rather than Beat Up.
    Dude a bad clone is really risky you need to know how to do it properly otherwise you can brick your game.

Back