• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anyone like Chobits?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ^^; Just episodes 19 and 20? Those're pretty close to the end. =o I hope you get to see the rest of them sometime since it's a really good anime. :3 Very cute.

I watched this last year, probably around this time. I can't remember. I do know it's adorable, though. ^_^ I love Sumomo; she's so adorable. :3

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    yeah she is^^ and here's the episode list
    1. Chii Awakens
    2. Chii Goes Out
    3. Chii Learns
    4. Chii Goes on Errands
    5. Chii Finds
    6. Chii Weakens
    7. Chii Works
    8. Chii is Puzzled
    9. Shinbo and Sumomo talk
    10. Chii Buys
    11. Chii Meets
    12. Chii Ascertains
    13. Chii Plays
    14. Chii Goes to the Ocean
    15. Chii Entertains
    16. Chii Does Nothing
    17. Chii Manages
    18. Minoru, Yuzuki Talks
    19. Chii Helps
    20. Chii Disappears
    21. Chii Waits
    22. Chii Hopes
    23. Chii Answers
    24. Chii Changes Clothes
    25. Chii Decides
    26. Chii's Only Person

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Chobits! OMG! Thats a good show. I just saw eps. 18, 19, 20, and 21. Out of the 4 I saw I liked 21 the most.

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    I love Chobits!! <3 Although I only read the manga, I loved it. >:3 Chii ish just soo kawaii and sugoi!! ~origin

Years
    • Seen today
    And now for an oversized spoilerrific review...In other words don't read ahead if you wanna have it all ruined XD

I think it's an issue of the manga being better told than the anime for starters - the manga was basically using Hideki and Chii as foils for stories about various man/machine relationships, not just a silly fanservice show like the anime was for the most part, - and also an issue of what constitutes a good person between the two cultures - Chii was kawaii in the full connotation of the word; she wasn't just cute, she was also somewhat domestically talented and well-mannered. In the western context, that's kinda no big deal, but if I've got my cultural info straight, it counts a considerable bit more in Japan.

The big note is that in the manga it's clearly delineated that Hideki can't have sex with Chii, so the love has to be that of genuine nature. In a sense, it's basically a way of working with the last man-machine parable could be tackled by Chobits, which is can you a machine as a person, not as a walking talking sex-toy? Hideki says yes, he can. In a sense, it doesn't even seem that weird given that are people, families even, out there who have bought Real Dolls and proceeded to treat them very similarly to Persocoms: purchasing them complete outfits, having picnics in the backyard with them, sitting them with the rest of the family at dinner. If people are willing to treat objects that only look fairly human as human, you only need about as much personality as Chii before someone goes head over heels. CLAMP is closer to reality than they may even realize with Chobits.

Years
    ..Tee hee! I don't mean to brag, but, I have all the manga and anime of Chobits! I even have their first soundtrack and know all the songs by heart!

Cherrim

Years
    I've got all the episodes on CD. *downloaded last year* :D I've also got most of the manga. I've read all of them except the fourth volume (which I've read half of XD) and then I own about 4 of them. o_O;

XP I don't much care for the background music. There's one song that I'm dying to get a copy of, but I don't think it's worth it to go out and by the OST. o_o

Cherrim

Years
    I adored the second ending theme. <3 I don't even know why, I just loved it. o_O

The opening was cute, too. :D It's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head for months, though. x_X;;;

Years
    yeah..I don't care about the background music either....The second ending theme is sad to me...I like the opening themesong!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 26, 2005
    I have seen Chobits, thought it was quite good, but personally is not something I usually watch. I have read the first volume of the manga as well, and prefer the manga more I think. Chibits was a little add on wasn't it? I am pretty sure I have seen that as well. Personally for me I prefered the later episodes of the series. But overall a good series that has had a lot of success.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Oh god I loved Chobits, I found it as funny as hell but got surprised at it sudden serious turn. One word. "UNDERPANTS"! The dub was supringly good too.

Years
    I've watched the first few and last few eps of Chobits. Somehow. o_O But my friend's borrowing the first disk so I can't actually watch it again. -_- Chii is so cute. ^^ Well, most of the girls in the anime is cute. ^^;; What I like best are all the detailed outfits. They're like... *0*

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    I've finished the manga a while ago, and decided to pick up the anime. Never really did get into the anime tho, thought it paled compared to the manga (which was very well done).

Back