• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anyone playing a Gen III Game?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm doing a no catch run on my old copy of Emerald right now. My team so far is Swampert, Cradily, Wobuffet, and Castform with Armaldo and Metagross awaiting me once I beat Wallace and pay a visit to Fallabor Town and Mossdeep City respectfully.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm playing leafgreen right now and I'm currently grinding. Thank god for the vs seeker.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've ducked out of a playthrough of LeafGreen around Saffron City, not resetting the game in case I want to go back to it, but anyway currently using Emerald daily to migrate pokémon forward as a precaution as it's getting taken in to replace the internal battery soon :D

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Playing Emerald (the usual), fiddling around with the Battle Frontier and breeding for the perfect killing machines.

I've ducked out of a playthrough of LeafGreen around Saffron City, not resetting the game in case I want to go back to it, but anyway currently using Emerald daily to migrate pokémon forward as a precaution as it's getting taken in to replace the internal battery soon :D

That's great that you can get it professionally fixed. I did it myself and failed, and now there is a broken Crystal cartridge lying around. The physical Emerald I have has a dead internal battery, but it works fine save for the clock not working.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Playing Emerald (the usual), fiddling around with the Battle Frontier and breeding for the perfect killing machines.

That's great that you can get it professionally fixed. I did it myself and failed, and now there is a broken Crystal cartridge lying around. The physical Emerald I have has a dead internal battery, but it works fine save for the clock not working.

Yeah, I was shocked. I live near a small town, where the only place you can get DVDs are supermarkets (so a selection of about 20 overall), yet I went on a sort of tech-shop treasure hunt (in about 5 shops, they told me to go to another one) and found a retro games shop :D
    Sucks you broke your Crystal, I know how bad my soldering skills are so never even tried

Years
  • Yeah, I was shocked. I live near a small town, where the only place you can get DVDs are supermarkets (so a selection of about 20 overall), yet I went on a sort of tech-shop treasure hunt (in about 5 shops, they told me to go to another one) and found a retro games shop :D
    Sucks you broke your Crystal, I know how bad my soldering skills are so never even tried

I changed batteries in my Silver and Crystal successfully, and I am not really the best person for that kind of stuff. I advise you to avoid soldering and just use the tape :)

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Currently playing through FireRed right now - I should be working on some others but I always go back to Kanto :) I played Emerald fairly recently though, within the last year for sure.

I'm in the Safari Zone at the moment, Kangaskhan hunting for my Pokedex and getting quite frustrated.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Last played my actual cartridge around 3 years ago. Now I play Emerald on my phone, and am doing a strictly Water type challenge right now.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • Took me a while, but with some trading, I finished my Dex in emerald and got really lucky in the battle frontier with picking up some symbols....BF was a total nightmare for me heh. working on better team building so I can do a new playthrough and conquer it by storm. even when i'm getting my hind-end handed to me in BF, i still have fun learning to improve a bit :D

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • I recently finished the R/S/E games. They were awesome. Can't wait to migrate the teams to my newer games :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • FireRed with a mono-Poison team, gearing up to take on the Elite Four rematch. Venusaur, Nidoking, Haunter, Golbat, Tentacruel, Beedrill.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I am currently playing Fire Red. Kanto is where I started out, and I just love how many different kinds of team combinations I can make with Kanto Pokemon. Kanto is a fun region to play in as well, especially in FRLG. I love training with the VS Seeker, much better than training for alllll those EXP points in the wild.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Ive finished Emerald for the hundredth time so Ive decided to start Expert Emerald. I think Firered is better than Emerald in the sense that Emerald has no real endgame content. Battle frontier and thats it. Hoenn region ftw

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I might have a challenge going on a gen 3 game, but since I can't remember offhand, I guess that suggests that I haven't played it recently enough for it to count. I have an unused copy of Ruby around that I should really put a new file on at some point, but I just haven't had time recently. I do continue to train on LeafGreen from time to time, and play the Emerald Battle Frontier sometimes (haven't finished that yet).

Back