• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone still play B/W?

C4RN4X

Carnage Games
Years
  • Does anyone still play Black And White? If so I'm restarting my game and we could do something fun.
    Idk roleplay, a locke it doesn't matter.

I also want to get into competitive battling so if your interested in that as well I'll probably finish the game in a month so.. (training lvl 100's with Ev's will be really hard though)

I don't know why but I don't want to get into the newer games because too many people play it. I like taking my time to complete my game 100%, so its pretty exhausting and time consuming work.

So if anyones interested, or atleast PLAYS the game from time to time, please tell me!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unfortunately, I don't find myself playing these games any longer.

When I had first started Black version, things seemed to have been quite interesting, as they were all new to me. Over time, I began getting used to them, causing these aspects to be less and less intriguing. Unlike previous games, I've found some of its locations to be sort of out-of-place, in a way (haven't precisely noticed this in my first run, but have in latter ones), which didn't help.

Last time I have gone through either Black or White would about two years ago, which is a long time. I'm not sure as to if I'll consider giving them another go in future.

Years
  • I am currently preoccupied with my 6th Gen games at the moment, but if I ever feel the need to want to return to Unova I will probably replay my old Black & White games, and given my Black 2 save file corrupted (and I since started a new save on White 2) I do feel more at heart with the original games but both are still equal.

So yeah, I still play my old 5th Gen games if I'm bored with what I'm focusing on.

Years
  • I prefer gen 5, it's completely underrated. I may not have like a few pokemon, but that aside, it was an amazing reboot of the series. And, I mean, lillgant, serperior, samurott, liepard, jellicent, volcarona, whimsicott, leavanny, zoroark, musharna, hydreigon, swanna, galvantula, sawbuck, mandibuzz, mienshao, emolga, zebstrika, I can go on and on with favorites of mine and how it makes the game very replayable, yet distinct as being able to use gen 5 pokemon. I really can't wait for the next reboot. Til then, gen 5 is the best.

Years
  • Well I haven't played BW in at least half a year (at least any new games on it), but i'm sure there will come a time that I end up firing it up again. They're still among my favorite games in the series, so they're definitely something i'll want to come back to again. As for B2W2, I was just playing my main White 2 last week...so that speaks for itself.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I have just restarted my white and white 2 versions and have been switching between them and gen 6 games.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm currently replaying White using a rather unusual team and restricting myself to grind as less as possible. It's really challenging, but it makes me think more about strategy and I get to use Pokemon I never had used before.

C4RN4X

Carnage Games
    Years
  • Thanks guys! It's cool to know people still play, because I don't want to restart and get so far without any others to play with :(
    First I'm going to defeat the main story, then I'm going to start EV/IV training as soon as possible.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Well as a matter of fact, I've started really REALLY liking these games again... At the time when these first came out, I didn't really enjoy them that much. But now it's almost as if i'm craving to play them o.o

I'm going to buy pokemon white or white 2 because I already have black and back 2.
    Once I do, i'm planning to play those games 100% and take my time to enjoy every aspect of the game.
    But sure, once I have some more time, I'll do some sort of activity with B/W with you. ^.^

I've never gotten into battling/trading online yet... So it might be nice to get into a little bit of that sweet online stuff :3
    Right now at the moment, I'm mapping for DJG on his new ROM hack, Pokemon RD Broken Timeline. It's really fun as well.
    And i'm also trying to complete Omega Ruby. It's taking a while and to be honest, it's kinda boring now...
    I'm just not able to engage myself in the really new pokemon games anymore... I miss my pokemon Emerald ;c

Well, once I actually get in the game with B/W, which I am excited to do, I will defiantly do a few battles or something with you guys :3

Last edited:

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I'm still playing my Black 2 thanks to the post game PWT tournament which is immensely entertaining, particularly in the 'world leader' and 'champion' tournament.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I still play White for the post game all the time! I haven't actually started a true challenge on yet though....
    And as for White 2 I'm going tot he League now. Just have to get through Victory Road. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I haven't played the original Black and White in a while since I prefer their sequels, but I do love them! I have actually been meaning to go back and play White some time soon. It's been calling me lately, but so have Platinum, Y, and HeartGold, haha.

Competitive battling in Gen V may be hard to get into on your physical copy though. The Nintendo Wifi Connection for DS and Wii games is no longer running. :( So if you want to get into competitive play using your actual games and not simulators, I recommend moving on up to gen VI. But hey, if you have some friends locally that enjoy the gen V metagame, then there ya go!

PS: Petilil for best gen V Pokemon ;D

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I still play the game from time to time to get breeding materials. Also, now internet capability so there isn't much you'd be able to do with others. Also, I think I'll be restarting my game soon after I transfer all my Pokémon from my SS Version all the way to the bank.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i play a bit in a sometimes
    heres my team:
    serperior
    unfezant
    simipour
    conkeldurr
    excadrill
    zoroark

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I haven't played any of the Unova games for a while now, not that I didn't enjoy them but I don't think they have as much replay value as the rest. I might return to Black once I've completed Alpha Sapphire and Platinum, I have a good team lined up for if I ever do return to those games.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Well, i have Pokemon Black, Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black 2! I bought Black and White 2 myself but, my brother bought me Black 2 for Christmas! (20$ at shoppers drug mart)

I haven't played it yet and he always asked if i did and i tell him yes!
    BW2 is my fourth favorite game in the whole series! I might go back and play them today!

Back