• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apparently new members of the Cast (JAPANESE SPOILERS)

Who does Swinub Belong to?

• Dawn

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Brock

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No one it's either a movie charecter's or its a wild pokemon.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I think Dawn has the Swinub its more her type then Brock. I'm glad Gilgar evolved but it makes me think whats Paul doing with his Pokemon.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I figured Gligar's purpose was to evolve. It's the same as Snorunt or Donphan, his sixth is always a pokemon that is seemingly intimidating.

Years
  • I think Dawn has the Swinub its more her type then Brock.

I dunno. Brock has had different types, lately, and a Swinub would not only continue to break his archetype with its primary type, but its secondary type would also be a nice allusion to his original secondary type as Gym Leader (Ground, like his Onix and Geodude). Plus, Swinub are often depicted as having a healthy appetite, and he cooks, so.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but him having it wouldn't be as farfetched.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I dunno. Brock has had different types, lately, and a Swinub would not only continue to break his archetype with its primary type, but its secondary type would also be a nice allusion to his original secondary type as Gym Leader (Ground, like his Onix and Geodude). Plus, Swinub are often depicted as having a healthy appetite, and he cooks, so.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but him having it wouldn't be as farfetched.

I agree that it would match better with Brock (Ground-type and a nod to Mudkip), but there's still the possibility of Dawn getting it. After all, she seems to "like" catching that general type of Pokemon...

...And couldn't Swinub's hunger also be an allusion to May's Wurmple?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • True, but I mean Dawn needs a powerhouse and I can see it going all the way. I mean it's obvious that annoying Penguin is never going to evolve (well unless she leaves maybe), so maybe something else that can go all the way.

Edit: *agrees with Icha*

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Good catch. Of course, that bug has since been kicked to the curb (before she left), so no wonder I didn't think on such a correlation.

That, and, well, same goes with its Trainer. Heh.

Dawn's a short-skirted coordinator who started with a bird that has self-esteem problems (hence the "bossiness") and is pretty much clueless when it comes to a lot of things having to do with Pokemon.

Swinub = Wurmple would be nothing new.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    To add to somethings, how do you all think Gligar will evolve?

Maybe Gligar will find that items it needs to evolve with and when Team Rockey tries steal Pikachu during the night Gligar evolves.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I think its gonna be brocks pokemon because its a ground type and brock likes those types of pokemon.

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years

• I can see it with both Hikari and Takeshi. But if I look at its evolving, I'll say Takeshi. I just c a n t see Hikari with a Mamoswine, nor Piloswine... Not a in contest no, though it could look fun in a weird way XD

And, N o o o o o ! ! , Gligar evolved! ;_; I just hate Gliscor for some reason... Don't eat me for that.

-Nicku-​

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Maybe Dawn I think. Its nice to see Johto Pokemon on the group to make up for how bad the original Johto saga was. Now we're finally getting the Pokemon we should have got back in that saga but never did.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I wonder where Gliscor is going to get the fang. I mean like not to say follows the show exactly, but lately it's been trying and with special evolution too, so I wonder if there is going to be one of those 1 off episode tournaments where the Razor Fang (or sharp fang) is the prize.

To add to the "Who gets Swinub conversation": Not only is it cutesy at first the bird is bever going to evolve so like I've said before she needs something a bit stronger than Ambi if she wants to get far in actually do soemthing in the contest world. Also this means Buneary is going to be shafted further because this is anIce Pokemon and I'm sure judges don't want to see Ice appeal afterIce Appeal.

Years
  • Dawn's a short-skirted coordinator who started with a bird that has self-esteem problems (hence the "bossiness") and is pretty much clueless when it comes to a lot of things having to do with Pokemon.

Swinub = Wurmple would be nothing new.

I totally concur with you, as I don't care for Dawn or Hikari, at all, these days. But still..., ouch, man. Heh.

At this point, I'd settle for any May/Haruka reference. Shakes fist at writers.

Edit: Akio, yeah, but if Bunnery evolves and learns Focus Punch or something, then it shouldn't have that problem. Of course, the writers haven't done much with the attraction with Pikachu, either. What can you do?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I totally concur with you, as I don't care for Dawn or Hikari, at all, these days. But still..., ouch, man. Heh.

At this point, I'd settle for any May/Haruka reference. Shakes fist at writers.

Edit: Akio, yeah, but if Bunnery evolves and learns Focus Punch or something, then it shouldn't have that problem. Of course, the writers haven't done much with the attraction with Pikachu, either. What can you do?
    I can't use the creepy arguement, because cast members have had far weirder pokemon than Lopunny. *Points at Glalie* though Ash's was far less creepy. The thing is the writers have to get rid of the crush if she evolves. No one wants to see the st---I'll stop myself.

Back