• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apple Sucks!!!

albinoballpython

Touching Is Good.
    Years
    has anyone else noticed how evil and crappy apple is? they don't care about their customers,
    they just care about making a quick buck. the ipod for example, did you know that mp3s from napster and many other sites not owned by apple will not work on the ipod, and that itunes will not work on anything but the ipod? videos from itunes are also compatable only with the ipod and no other videos will work on it. don't get me started on their computers; the d*mn
    things don't work with any of the software and programs for windows, only with the special
    ones bought from apple. apple is constantly screwing over their own customers and everyone
    else, they could sh*t in a box abd call it icrap and people would still buy it. the thing that gets
    me is that even through all this crap, people still throw money at them, ever heard of limewire? it's free!!!

Last edited:

XxZer0xX

......................... Beep.
    Years
    has anyone else noticed how evil and crappy apple is? they don't care about their customers,
    they just care about making a quick buck. the ipod for example, did you know that mp3s from napster and many other sites not owned by apple will not work on the ipod, and that itunes will not work on anything but the ipod? videos from itunes are also compatable only with the ipod and no other videos will work on it. don't get me started on their computers; the d*mn
    things don't work with any of the software and programs for windows, only with the special
    ones bought from apple. apple is constantly screwing over their own customers and everyone
    else, they could sh*t in a box abd call it icrap and people would still buy it. the thing that gets
    me is that even through all this crap, people still throw money at them, ever heard of limewire? it's free!!!
    People could get mp3 players that are just as good, if not better, at HALF the price or less of an iPod. iPod batteries only last a couple hours until they need to be recharged. Plenty of other mp3 players can go for days with the same quality. "iPods can hold over a thousand songs." Honestly, WHO NEEDS THAT MANY SONGS?! And like albino said, the only thing that works with iTunes is an iPod. Rhapsody works with all kinds of mp3 players. A lot of people just don't notice how useless an iPod is compared to other players.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Uhh... I've never, ever had a problem putting MP3s I've downloaded from all over the internet on my iPod. But I mean, if you hate Apple, so what? Just don't buy their stuff and you're fine. o_O;

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What a great thread.

And no, I've had my ipod for three years and it works fine. Battery life for about two or three weeks. Downloaded songs? Yep, they import. Napster = against the law, last time I checked.

Years
    i don't wanna burst your bubble, but limewire is illegal man. Don't say they won't catch me because they are cathing people everyday, and you can be the next. The best way to get free music would be to download mozilla firefox with download helper, and then play your favorite mp3 on the internet and downlaod it to your mp3 player using download helper.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    I dislike Apple as much as the next guy, but it isn't that hard to go with another product than buying it only to whinge about it in a hard to read paragraph.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I must agree with everything that Hiroshi said, but I must also Add that Apple support is among the Best that I've ever dealt with. I had to deal with them about a year ago when My old iPod kicked (I sat on it by acciden and it bent the disc) they replaced it for me and gave me a new one. Also the fact that I do use their computers at work, and Windows at home, I'd have to say I like my computer at work better. I've never had any problems with it, however I've had to re-install or repair Windows several times.
    That said I am a fan of Apple And the Macintosh OS, but you don't hear me going around condemning Windows or Microsoft. Windows has their crowd in the Gaming realm and tech crowd, and Apple has there's in the MultiMedia. Both OS's have their strong points and if you have a bad experience that doesn't mean its a universal thing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    People could get mp3 players that are just as good, if not better, at HALF the price or less of an iPod. iPod batteries only last a couple hours until they need to be recharged. Plenty of other mp3 players can go for days with the same quality. "iPods can hold over a thousand songs." Honestly, WHO NEEDS THAT MANY SONGS?! And like albino said, the only thing that works with iTunes is an iPod. Rhapsody works with all kinds of mp3 players. A lot of people just don't notice how useless an iPod is compared to other players.

I can tell you right now that the average person who enjoys to listen to music as much as the next one has about 2,000 songs on their music library. You obviously don't have any friends, seeing as you're probably taking that "less than 1000" number off your own library, which should consist of only Windows error sounds?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I have an iMac, and I've gotta say, it's amazing. Every windows based computer I've ever had has had something wrong with it in the first two months. I'm happy to say my iMac hasn't has a single issue in the 8 months I've had it. To be honest, I don't find the capability thing to be much of a problem. About 90% of the programs I download have a version for windows and a version for mac. And if I ever need to run a windows program REALLY bad, I'll just run boot camp. :\
    IMO: Apple knows what their doing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've had my iPod for close to a year. I've dropped it, scratched it, whatever... and it still plays just as beautifully as it looks. However, my friend has gone through four or five iPods because they kept breaking on her (she had a warranty, so she didn't pay for any of the replacements). It really depends, I guess, on your luck with these things. The iPod has possibly the best audio quality out there, followed by the Creative ZEN line (In my opinion). The battery life is fantastic, the interface is easy to use. I must admit, however, when I was first looking at them, I didn't think they'd be as good as they claim... but they totally are. I want an iMac, but sadly, I can not afford one. My friend (the same one as mentioned above) says they're fantastic computers, and they really are.

Apple does have high prices for their electronics, yes, but in my opinion, it's very much worth it.

And as for sites such as Napster that are not owned by Apple not working on the iPod... they're not owned by Apple. Just like you said. Who cares if they don't work with the iPod because you've got iTunes. (Which, imo, is a lot easier to use than Napster.) I agree with everything Hiroshi Sotomura has said above.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Now, I don't care much for Apple products myself, but that is just personal preference. I find them a tad bit, um, "confusing", and a bit annoying. At least their PC's. They annoy me.

As for the Ipod, got one for Christmas (Nano), but haven't used it yet. I'd like to use it for I-cast, or whatever thhey are called. You know, the Video cast. V-pod? I'm not into music, not enough to have 1000 songs. However, I love certain beats. It will see alot more use in the future for me.

Apple doesn't rub me right, but I certainly don't see a reason for a mindless rant that I could barely read. I had to read Hirosahi's quotes to break it down.

And mindless indeed. You have done little to show the real issues with Apple. The points you made was very much invalid. Apparently, MANY people has thousands of songs. I'm not a huge music listener, but that doesn't mean they aren't. Complaining about Limewire? An illegal service? I'm no saint (use it off my cousin's computer), but if I didn't have acess, I certainly couldn't complain, because it is not their obligation to give me an illegal service.

If EVERYONE BUYS IT, APPLE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. They are not the problem, you are. Just because YOU dislike it, gives you no right to declare it worthless for everyone, & they are idiots if they buy it. If anything, YOU should have done your research BEFORE spending your money, & just bought an ALTERNATIVE system.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My friend has over 5000 songs on her iPod. I know many other people who have well over a thousand songs on theirs. But I wonder, albinoballpython, did you ever stop to think about the other features iPod has to offer? I have about 1 gigabyte worth of videos on my iPod and my friends with the 5000+ songs has well over three. I have 40+ video podcasts.

I've been told that the sound quality is better on the Creative ZEN line, actually.

Really? Someone told me it was the reverse, but I can see it being the way you said. Creative speakers are amazing. =D

Scarlet said:
    And as for sites such as Napster that are not owned by Apple not working on the iPod... they're not owned by Apple. Just like you said. Who cares if they don't work with the iPod because you've got iTunes. (Which, imo, is a lot easier to use than Napster.) I agree with everything Hiroshi Sotomura has said above.

I have to clarify this a bit. I think that as long as you have iTunes, you don't need to worry about sites like Napster (even though Napster wouldn't work anyway). It's a matter of personal preference, anyway, I mean, I don't buy music from iTunes, but I would if I could. If you don't like iTunes, there's always other sites (as long as their music is in the .mp3 format). Either way, it doesn't matter because at least you know there's one option for buying music.

I've noticed that a lot of online music stores offer music in the WMA format. I went on Puretracks, and they did. And you know it's all DRM-protected, so you couldn't convert it into an MP3 track even if you wanted to.

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
    I have to say I never really liked apple. I used to have an ipod but I really didn't like it and when I got my xbox360 I bought a zune so I could plug it into my xbox and play the music while I play. I also hate microsoft but I need a windows comp for school I have three computers I use the windows for my music and school I use linux for everything else. And honestly if you want apple and microsoft in one get linux plain and simple and just stop complaining every system has its upsides and downsides.

kiler

Fo Shizzle Dizzle
    Years
    haha there is nothing wrong with Apple. It is the users who use them that are doing the things wrong. Apple is good. I have had my Ipod for a few years now, and it works perfectly fine. So before you start saying you don't like it, you better learn at least how to use it.

kiler in da crib.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Regarding FLAC, I think Apple would much rather promote Apple Lossless. As for OGG Vorbis, does it really have anything so special about it? It's not that widespread and not many apps have adopted it - it's a niche format that not many people really use, so I don't see how Apple seriously HAS to follow.
    OGG's really beginning to gain popularity. Rockstar have started using it on their games as it's open source, which is the pretty big reason everyone's using it.

benji

ウサギちゃん!
    Years
    I just wuv my iPod because it's cute and shiny <3 ^^

Okay, so maybe it's a dull sort of sheen, but it's still shiny! >_<

Most people do use up the extra space -- I have 1679 songs in my iTunes collection... it scares me. O.O

Now, I don't care much for Apple products myself, but that is just personal preference. I find them a tad bit, um, "confusing", and a bit annoying. At least their PC's. They annoy me.

Too pretty? XD

As for the Ipod, got one for Christmas (Nano), but haven't used it yet. I'd like to use it for I-cast, or whatever thhey are called. You know, the Video cast. V-pod? I'm not into music, not enough to have 1000 songs. However, I love certain beats. It will see alot more use in the future for me.

V-Cast is Verizon's on-demand video delivery system, so that's totally different. I wish iPods had something like that.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for contributing to Pokecommunity with you Apple Bashing statements, you were obviously bored as hell when you wrote this :<

I know this has been said a hundred times before, but when you're on an Apple computer, it feels like you're actually controlling the computer, and it not controlling you.

I would like to know why you say they don't care about their customers. There are few or no viruses directed at Apple computers, there was one major Virus reported, and it was taken down in a week. If Apple didn't care about its customers, then they would have let the virus go on a rampage even longer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    don't get me started on their computers; the d*mn
    things don't work with any of the software and programs for windows, only with the special ones bought from apple.
    Yeah, and Windows computers only work with software made for Windows. You are silly.

they could sh*t in a box abd call it icrap and people would still buy it.
    Three admins have passed through here and not one has noticed that albinoballpython has bypassed the censors? ಠ_ಠ

Back