• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apple unveils its iPad computer

I don't buy apple products, simply because I can get things with more or less the same functionality at a much cheaper price. Sure, my generic mp3 won't hold as much songs as an iPod, but to be honest, I will still only listen to a select few if I put thousands of songs on their... so... yeah.

The iPad will be no different, I'd rather just get a netbook.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They just announced it at the Grammy Awards on television. xD Personally I think it's okay, but I'd rather get myself a Netbook as well. As Zet said on the first page, it sounds much like a Netbook with the battery range lasting 10 hours.

Either way though, right now all I want is the iPod Touch so I don't think I'd be getting an iPad anytime soon. It makes me wonder what else the Apple store will come out with next.

Years
    Another overpriced bit of rubbish from Crapple. Is it even a computer? No.. It's an ebook reader, photo viewer, video player, etc. NOT A COMPUTER -.-" I certainly wouldn't pay 1100 bucks for a video player :S

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    That looks pretty cool, but I got to see how it pans well with the other notebooks. If it in-sync with the iPod Touch, it won't be too bad. I thinking about getting one in the near future. Maybe by then the prices are going to be a lot lower. XD And maybe they probably have a lot more applications that are useful. I have to see though. It looks nice though.

On second thought...I am getting this! It looks so cool. You can read, check e-mail, use Maps, look at your photos, listen to music, watch tv, watch videos, go online, etc. Here, I found a video about it. You have the internet on your fingertips. Well I don't need the iPod Touch now. I am getting the iPad! XD

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Another overpriced bit of rubbish from Crapple. Is it even a computer? No.. It's an ebook reader, photo viewer, video player, etc. NOT A COMPUTER -.-" I certainly wouldn't pay 1100 bucks for a video player :S

Over-priced? 1100 bucks?

You don't know anything about it do you?
    It is real cheap for what it is you know.
    Starting at $499.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Over-priced? 1100 bucks?

You don't know anything about it do you?
    It is real cheap for what it is you know.
    Starting at $499.
    Yes, $500 for something less useful than the worst parts of an iPod, a netbook, and an e-book reader, and yet more expensive than all three. Sounds reasonable to me!

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    lol twocows, i love that. but seriously, for $200-$250 less, you can get a netbook that will do more than this. sorry, but i have no faith in the "mighty" blue apple.

This may be about some older apples, but I still feel it to be true (beware, there's some foul language, bad for little ears):

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm not going to get one until the mobile wireless one comes out, or at the most until it's firmware is jailbroken.

Zet

Years
    That looks pretty cool, but I got to see how it pans well with the other notebooks. If it in-sync with the iPod Touch, it won't be too bad. I thinking about getting one in the near future. Maybe by then the prices are going to be a lot lower. XD And maybe they probably have a lot more applications that are useful. I have to see though. It looks nice though.

On second thought...I am getting this! It looks so cool. You can read, check e-mail, use Maps, look at your photos, listen to music, watch tv, watch videos, go online, etc. Here, I found a video about it. You have the internet on your fingertips. Well I don't need the iPod Touch now. I am getting the iPad! XD

Spoiler:
    Sad thing is that you can't multi-task on it, so you can't do everything at once.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014

Sad thing is that you can't multi-task on it, so you can't do everything at once.
    Really? Oh...darn. Well I still like it because you can access your pictures, e-mail, and go online on it. And it is going to compete with Kindle with their e-reader. It looks pretty cool. That would be great if you can multi-task, but I guess they didn't think of that. Oh well. Still getting it. I hope the internet service they got on it is reasonable.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Just wait until the OSx86 community creates a kernel or a kernel patch for the A4. Then, we might get multi-
    ...forgot about the lack of system resources. Never mind.

I'm probably going to wait for the second gen iPad. Given that the rumor mills are starting up again, we might be able to expect a Mac OS X enabled iPad. Or one with a camera. Woo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It's not agreeable.
    I'm buying one anyway <3 I do feel sorry for those who don't 'get' it~

Years
    I want a tablet pc, but this is not a tablet pc... It's somewhere between a tablet pc and a portable media player, minus the portable part and minus the pc. So a tablet media player, basically. Which is nice, but not $500 nice. Though I definitely want something like it in terms of form factor, just not with a similar set-up, price, brand, etc.

I'm guessing that the competition after this comes out will do the same to the tablet market as the mp3/etc market - create a lot of good, if not as popular options. And maybe some of them will run Linux. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Running Linux would be an instant path to commercial failure. Look at Android; it was pretty much stillborn :\

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I think this is basically a giant iPod touch, I see it as pointless as an iPod touch would do just fine..for me.

However, I still want one. It's cool..:P

Back