• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*\\April Contest//* Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    It's pixel art, but you're still not getting it. As a regular paint drawing, it's pretty bad. As pixel art it's even worse. You're still not getting what pixel art is all about.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I posted my entry. Just so we're clear, the goomba is supposed to look like that. It's part of the joke.

Years
    angst, nice choice and the whole thing is that your definition of pixel art is like a picture with a 1 pixel outline and our definition of pixel art is a picture made in a paint type program and draw it very carefully while zoomed in and ive read the wiki on it and nowhere does it say a pixel art picture has to have a 1 pixel outline

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Haunter Master said:
    angst, nice choice and the whole thing is that your definition of pixel art is like a picture with a 1 pixel outline and our definition of pixel art is a picture made in a paint type program and draw it very carefully while zoomed in and ive read the wiki on it and nowhere does it say a pixel art picture has to have a 1 pixel outline
    What on earth are you talking about? My definition of pixel art is the same one on Wikipedia. Pixel art is defined by the method with which you create something, not the end result. There's no clever, formulaic way you can just make your crappy oekaki drawing into pixel art.

Haunter, your piece can barely be considered pixel art, if at all. It's blatantly evident that you put almost zero effort into fixing up the lines. It seems entirely probable that you merely scribbled it up with the pencil tool and colored it in. That's not sufficient. If you want to take it a step further and clean up the lines so it flows nicely and looks pleasing to the eye, go ahead.

Jedite, your entry is still not pixel art. C'mon, you're honestly not fooling anyone. 2-3 hours? Honestly, even if you did hand-pixel it, I really doubt it would take that long. You're just using the circle tool for the body and the line tool for the rest. That is STILL NOT PIXEL ART.

In my opinion, using things like the curved line tool and the regular line tool is all right, but only if used to make things convenient. It should not comprise almost the entire image. Jedite, Kris, and Shadow Grovyle are all guilty of that. Even if the latter two at least have some elements of pixel art, I'd consider it a serious detriment to their entries, at least in pixel art standards.

Years
    Allstories said:
    I posted my entry. Just so we're clear, the goomba is supposed to look like that. It's part of the joke.
    Brilliant, made me laugh alot :P

and the quality is awesome aswell :p

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    what on earth r u talking about alstories, everybody accepted my pixel art, i even liked ur pixel art... u just love to say these thing right?..oh i see lol u want to win, u want everybody to be disqualified...ok alstories beside urs is their anyone else who did a pixel art?

Years
    jedite1000, have you actually paid attention to his post? He doesn't say these things for his own enjoyment, he says them because certain people still cannot grasp the proper concept of what Pixel Art even is, and it's sad to know that they still don't. And no, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you all disqualified. Infact, his entry is the only proper pixel art entry in the contest.

castiboy

just a visitor.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Allstories said:
    *no one knows what pixelart is!!!*

true... imo that goomba needs some shading man, it just looks out of place in that pic... good exemple of what you're saying though... it was intentional i guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back