• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

==[April Monthly Pixel Art Contest]==

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Oh my, it's April? Already?! Well, I guess it's time for the April Monthly Pixel Art Contest. Ray was nice enough to let me host the contest this month. Thanks again, Ray! I'm going to go over some rules before I announce the theme:
    Absolutely follow every PC rule and Pixel Art section rules. Remember, Content Theft will not only disqualify you from this contest for this month, it will also land you a 4-point permanent infraction, probably from Ray. 8D Keep all spam, flaming and such away, too.
    ○ I will not allow this thread to be used for discussion of the entries. It appears that in the past the stickied discussion thread has been used for this-- no changes this time.
    Please, please, please put your final entry in a spoiler, or in a CSS tag, or something that makes it stand out from the rest of the posts. I may miss your entry otherwise.
    ○ Keep all entries at least somewhat relevant to the topic.
    ○ The following file types allowed: PNG, GIF [for framed pixel animations]; (JPG/BMP may be allowed for large images with transparent backgrounds and very little white)
    ○ Please do not put any waterproofs on top of your artwork when you submit it.
    The submission must be predominantly pixel art - this means you had to shade it, scratch it, and/or edit it. Simple recolors (of any kind) will not be accepted if it is apparent that little effort was expended in their creation.
    ○ All submissions due April, 30th, 2009, at 2 PM Central Daylight Savings Time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    ○ You may edit your submission as much as you like, but keep follow-ups to the same post. (Click the "EDIT" button). And only one final submission per person.

Now, this month's theme, since it was such a hot topic yesterday: April Fools! I want to see something silly this month, so get ready to cause some laughter. The entry does not need to have anything to do with April, but it should make someone look like a fool!

EDIT: Sorry for any confusion about the theme. It just needs to be something silly, some sort of jest, meme or joke in the form of a sprite or something associated with comedy or laughter.

Last edited:

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • Ok, here's my "push not pull" entry

It looks distorted, so just click the thumbnail. It's not distorted.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Does it have to be funny, I mean, can it be like a Jesters Hat or something? :\

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Umm, yeah, here's mine.
    Spoiler:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Ya... this one was not really funny, new one 2 posts below :D

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • My entry

Here's mine.

If you don't understand it, Pikachus are Pokemon who do NOT like their tails yanked/pulled. So here's Charmander, about to pull the string...
    (Note: The string is coincedentally conductors to electricity.)

The Pikachu-yank-hating is actually from the Pokemon Pokedex Collector's Edition. It's in one of Oak's "Do you know?" boxes.
    Then I checked Bulbapedia. It is proven to be true.

EDIT: I added a blue sky and some clouds to the blank white spots, edited some shadings, and added some more trees. AND I added Pikachu and Charmander's noses.

I hope this is my final edit (to the art, of course)... It is.
    Ugh, I know there's so many flaws, like the major perspective problem, but changing it would cause a BIG problem to the art... So I left it alone.

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • It should be common sense that even the Sun is absent from the picture, the light IS still there.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Accepted unless you see your name below-

hazzamon: You asked me in private if it would be suitable. After reading these posts and considering the entry, it's really not pixel art. It's just a drawing.

And just to make a clarification, ~Teh Panda~'s first entry would not have been accepted whilst his second is accepted. Use that as a rule of thumb.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • JigglyPuff did some Graphiti on PC (The sharpie ink is still a bit wet)
    Spoiler:

Hope you like it

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Ok, since this is about April fools, I didn´t make it perfect with shading and such, to make it look funny^^
    I call it: "Surprise!!! ZOMG!!!" (XD)
    ==[April Monthly Pixel Art Contest]==

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Not accepted. It's mostly just a drawing and the box isn't enough for me to judge the whole piece based on pixel art criteria.

Total accepted so far: 7

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back