• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen AR clone and GTS clone?

AznPunxtah

Fujoshi
    Years
    Whats the difference between AR cloned pokemon and GTS cloned pokemon? I saw alot of peoplez saying they don't like AR cloned pokemon...(not that I AR clone, I don't own one!)

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I don't really see why people get so bent out of shape. It's a game, for goodness sake.

I'll take a hacked shiny level 100 Mew if they'll take my level 6 Magikarp. :)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    There's no difference. AR is cheating, as GTS cloning, but you need something out of the game to do it. That's why people think abusing glitches is more legit. They're both the same anyway, and I don't agree with any of them.

PC, however, is okay with cloned Pokémon (since they can't be even recognized). Still, you can't ask for AR cloning here, though.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    I also dont see why anyone cares how you obtain the pokemon as long as you get it? If its not super powered lvl 999 w/999 all stats im cool w/it and also if someone gets and event item technically the poke is legit so I dont understand that either but the fact is people belive that like the mod said they obtained the poke they cloned and cloned it in game w/o a cheat device making it a legit poke when in actuality its not legit as its glitched.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    I don't really see why people get so bent out of shape. It's a game, for goodness sake.

I'll take a hacked shiny level 100 Mew if they'll take my level 6 Magikarp. :)

There's no difference. AR is cheating, as GTS cloning, but you need something out of the game to do it. That's why people think abusing glitches is more legit. They're both the same anyway, and I don't agree with any of them.

PC, however, is okay with cloned Pokémon (since they can't be even recognized). Still, you can't ask for AR cloning here, though.

I'm sorry, but I definetly see big differences. There really is ethics more in GTS than AR cloning. Think about it. GTS is a natural occurance and something that the creators couldn't help. The AR is something you control and as much hacking and cheating goes on around here, we don't need any AR Cloners. It also makes it difficult to distunguish between people who would just clone and those who would try and trade hacked pokemon. And I repeat hacked people are and never will be ok or allowed. I just wish it would stop *wins academy award for dramatic performance*:classic:.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Cloning via the GTS glitch is perfectly legitimate, since the copied pokemon is in fact exactly the same as the original pokemon, just duplicated.

Also, it is impossible to tell the difference between a cloned and normal pokemon, which automatically indicates that there is no battle advantages which would be considered cheating.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I also dont see why anyone cares how you obtain the pokemon as long as you get it? If its not super powered lvl 999 w/999 all stats im cool w/it and also if someone gets and event item technically the poke is legit so I dont understand that either but the fact is people belive that like the mod said they obtained the poke they cloned and cloned it in game w/o a cheat device making it a legit poke when in actuality its not legit as its glitched.
    No, I said people thought. I consider both to be cheating in the same exact way. But GTS is free.
    I'm sorry, but I definetly see big differences. There really is ethics more in GTS than AR cloning. Think about it. GTS is a natural occurance and something that the creators couldn't help. The AR is something you control and as much hacking and cheating goes on around here, we don't need any AR Cloners. It also makes it difficult to distunguish between people who would just clone and those who would try and trade hacked pokemon. And I repeat hacked people are and never will be ok or allowed. I just wish it would stop *wins academy award for dramatic performance*:classic:.
    Nope. AR cloning is something you shouldn't do. GTS cloning is something you shouldn't do. So?

Also, people can't be hacked. D:
    Cloning via the GTS glitch is perfectly legitimate, since the copied pokemon is in fact exactly the same as the original pokemon, just duplicated.

Also, it is impossible to tell the difference between a cloned and normal pokemon, which automatically indicates that there is no battle advantages which would be considered cheating.
    If you use that logic, why can't AR clones be legit, too?
    Except events holding Classic Ribbons. Then you would know they are AR cloned. But of course, when a person is offering a great amount of them.
    Yes but they are cloned with the ribbon, so you can say they are both legit, too. D8

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    I never said that people can be hacked. Also AR is just as wrong as GTS. GTS can be an okay thing as long as you don't go overboard. Take me for example. Just because people at NSider forums proved nothing bad would happen to your game, doesn't mean I still shouldn't use extra precaution for myself. So I don't do it 24/7. Also As long as you don't take all the flavor out of the game, why not GTS clone for events. AR just seems so evil and people have been hurt here because of AR cloning. Plus we have too much overflow of Arceus and Shaymin forums going on here because of AR.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    AR cloning is totally different from Arceus and Shaymin. It's still the same. If you don't abuse AR cloning, for you, it will be fine. Exactly the same thing.

>_>

They are different, but they all fall under AR use. Maybe I should have said that. Just using it doesn't seem any more right than using GTS. It's still more natural than AR usage. Also, I would never use AR because of how I feel. I wish it were that way for a lot of people here, but that's just them.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    No, I said people thought. I consider both to be cheating in the same exact way. But GTS is free.

Nope. AR cloning is something you shouldn't do. GTS cloning is something you shouldn't do. So?

Also, people can't be hacked. D:

If you use that logic, why can't AR clones be legit, too?

Yes but they are cloned with the ribbon, so you can say they are both legit, too. D8
    AR cloning is considered cheating because the purpose of the AR is to obtain, duplicate, or alter things impossible to normally occur in a game, which could only be achieved with the aid of a cheating device.

scorpyo

Is afraid of the Unown
    Years
    If I ever did get AR, I would most likely use it for hacking in event pokemon. I hate how Nintendo is so determined to collect all the legendaries so hard! But would hacking in a pokemon with normal stats (I don't really know how AR works) be accepted?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    If I ever did get AR, I would most likely use it for hacking in event pokemon. I hate how Nintendo is so determined to collect all the legendaries so hard! But would hacking in a pokemon with normal stats (I don't really know how AR works) be accepted?
    That's what most say. The problem is most people who hack Pokémon make them have perfect or even impossible stats.

However, for some people, a hack is a hack. Just don't do it, and it will be fine. It's not like you really need to have all those event Pokémon. Just wait for the event. If you can't go to the event, get it through Wi-Fi.

Back