• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Arcanine and Pikachu Award

Emburn

<3
Years
  • What exactly is the Arcanine and Pikachu Award?

This is basically like Staff of the Month and Member of the Month.
    Staff of the Month would get the Arcanine Award.
    Arcanine and Pikachu Award

I chose Arcanine Award because Arcanine sounds like a leader and was the original. Legendary Pokemon so in a way, he is like a leader of the legendaries.

Member of the Month would get the Pikachu Award.
    Arcanine and Pikachu Award

Pikachu is Ash's team leader and basically gets Ash's whole team into shape. It'd just make sense, since the Member of the Month would act as a role model to the other members.

How would it work?
    At the end of each month, for 3 days, members would nominate Staff and other Members for the awards. The 5 with the most nominations would go into the final round where they would be put into a one week poll to see who the winner is.

This is a rough idea and so are the awards, anything can be changed. But, I just wanted to sort of see if I could spark ideas and stuff.

Emburn

<3
    Years
  • I think that it isn't a good idea really. It's basically just popularity based.

I've seen it work on numerous sites. It really doesn't end up being popularity based. It does end up being based on the most active and helpful people on the forums. You can't say it'd be popularity based, without giving one a chance.

Years
  • Typically at PC, we have a larger thing towards the end of the year known as "Member of the Year", so I think this idea is kinda redundant if you ask me.. but I also would have to frown upon this as well because it's just an easy way for people to claim more popularity.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Also, just to throw this in, many members are active only in one or two sections - it's a huge website here. Someone who is an amazing member in the Roleplay section may be completely unknown else where.

It sort of comes down to who is "popular" and who posts the most/is seen the most rather than who contributes well.

Plus there are way too many awesome members here :) I wouldn't want to leave people out.

Years
  • We've had Member of the Month in the past. The same people won month after month simply because they were popular in the off-topic sections, and what it did was solidify the cliques that had formed in those sections. Was some serious high school style drama going on that it intensified.

Emburn

<3
    Years
  • We've had Member of the Month in the past. The same people won month after month simply because they were popular in the off-topic sections, and what it did was solidify the cliques that had formed in those sections. Was some serious high school style drama going on that it intensified.

Ahh. I kind of expected more out of this community. It looks so mature. But, I guess when popularity arises, a mostly high school community shows it's true colors. Alrighty then. I understand.

Years
  • We do the MoTY stuff, which usually ruffles the feathers of a few here and there. But I'm more of the opinion that our user base is more mature than we give them credit for, and should be given the benefit of the doubt. I don't really see any issue with making the emblems. If any drama arises, it's probably something that people who have a problem with it brought with them. ;(

Plus, we moved on from that clique era a long time ago. Many of those people no longer come here. It's a much different user base than then.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We've had Member of the Month in the past. The same people won month after month simply because they were popular in the off-topic sections, and what it did was solidify the cliques that had formed in those sections. Was some serious high school style drama going on that it intensified.
    Yeah.

Plus, we moved on from that clique era a long time ago. Many of those people no longer come here. It's a much different user base than then.
    I hope so but I still believe there are groups, of course. Even though we wouldn't describe them as cliques :p It's just natural for people to bunch together and do theme collabs

I would not want MotM back. In the Roleplay Corner we have an awards thing going on four times a year and that sort of works since the people who care are generally active and people know who each other are there. In one section. Forum-wide, there are just so many people who don't know or haven't even seen each other. So MotY is horrid enough, haha ;) It'll always be a popularity contest on some level. I shrug.

Years
  • D; but the dramas, the DRAMAS. I kinda miss high school, though I wasn't involved with none of that clique biznizz.

cawm awn ppl lets farm some pops. it also feels like it overlaps with user appreciation threads, which might not be around anymore?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Moderators are free to do this within their own section if they want, but to do it throughout the whole forum just doesn't seem like something that would recognize people who deserve it. At least if its restricted to a forum, a moderator generally has a good idea who's the best contributor and most helpful in their section.

Emburn

<3
    Years
  • Moderators are free to do this within their own section if they want, but to do it throughout the whole forum just doesn't seem like something that would recognize people who deserve it. At least if its restricted to a forum, a moderator generally has a good idea who's the best contributor and most helpful in their section.

I guess that makes sense. This forum is a wide variety and I suppose not everyone views the whole thing.

Back