• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanine or Ninetales?

Arcanine or Ninetales?

• Arcanine

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • Ninetales

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
    Arcynine :3 I love how cute and docile it really is, If it was real I would use it and ride it everwhere everyday

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Ninetales because I never did like the entire Growlithe/Arcanine line... Yeah, blame that one on traumatic dog experiences I had as a child.

With that said, I haven't used Ninetales since Blue.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    R-K-9!
    (lol chuggaconory reference)

Arcanine is more suitable for me. Its one big fluffy puppy :D aww I want one now. Ninetales is alright, by I would perfer it over Arcanine if gamefreak didnt give it such a poor movepool. Ninetales has a lot of potential, I just wish it could live up to its counterpart.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Arcanine. It just represents the fire type better. It is intimidating, beautiful, strong and fast, just like fire is.

Ayselipera

I really do like Arcanine, but Ninetales always came off as way more elegant and mysterious to some extent. Not to mention a lot of Arcanine's back sprites really bother me. The spiky hair back sprites are the ones I'm thinking of.

Anyways I always loved Vulpix and Ninetales. I remember I was first introduced to Vulpix in the anime when Brock was taking care of one for a while and I thought it was the most adorable Pokemon in the world. Then when I saw the episode where Ash challenged Blaine I was introduced to Ninetales and thought it was the most amazing Pokemon there was. So that's where my love for Ninetales all began in case you were dying to know.

Not to mention the addition of the many legends and myths surrounding it make it that much more interesting. Being able to cast a thousand year curse on you, being able to live for a thousand years, and possibly being made up of nine spirits or so are all nice tidbits to have been added to it. Compared to Arcanine who is pretty much known for only its speed, Ninetales comes off as a bit more impressive.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love both, they're two of my favorite Pokemon.

But even so, Arcanine is my single favorite Pokemon, so it gets my vote.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Ninetales, solely because it's so cool. I mean NINE TAILS yeah that's more than seven. Arcanine I would rather have in real life if Pokemon were real, because I would use it like a horse thats really a flaming tiger-dog-cat-Tyrannosaurus. jk on that last one.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    Oh God, I've always had a tough time deciding between the two. I s'pose I'll go with Arcanine. I do like the design of both, but Arcanine gets the vote because its better movepool allows it to be a more flexible battler than Ninetales. Sorry, Ninetales. XD

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I have always been SO torn on this!

Regarding real animals, both wolves and foxes are among favorites. In fact, they ARE favorites. Mostly because they are both in the canine family. (And all animals in said family are among favorites.) And they are definitely at the top of the list, only under the domesticated dog.

Regarding Pokemon, Fire types are a big favorite. Only one I favor more are the thunder type. They're both fire types, obviously...

I've never been able to choose a favorite. BUT since you can only vote for a poll once, I think if I had to pick... I'd say Arcanine. I usually go for the cool looking Pokemon if I go based on looks and not anything else. And since they're so similar in every other aspect, it would boil down to looks. Ninetails is more "elegant" and Arcanine is more "cool" looking. So... yeah, Arcanine.

Starshine ~

lalala
    Years
    Lmao, I personally prefer to battle with ninetales. Arcanine has nice appeal, with its offensive stats and all, but I'm not an offensive player. :3

Personal preference is shiny ninetales, too, xD it looks so cool :D my first RNG breed was actually a shiny vulpix x) my SECOND was a growlithe xD

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I love them both so much! D: I honestly don't know if I could decide.

Well, I guess I'd have to go with Ninetales here, just because I've used it more than I've gotten to use Arcanine. :/

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I've both used them in a battle and they're good, But I'd go with Arcanine. :)

Back