• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanine vs Houndoom

Which fire canine do you prefer?

• Total voters

Sully

advanced trainer
Years
  • It really depends on what kinda mood I'm in, lol.
    Usually Arcanine will win it for me, but occasionally I'll pick Houndoom over him.
    So it's really a tie for me /:

Gilgαmesh

This is only sort of a difficult choice, but if I have to choose one, I'd say Arcanine by a slight margin, I suppose. u___u; I can't really say why it would be better; whenever I would have it on a team, it always worked out for me and whatnot. Houndoom is okay, but I sort of like Arcanine a bit better. I still like Houndoom's dark typing, though.

Voul

S u p p o r t i n g [M e]
    Years
  • Arcanine all the way. I like his design more even though his stats are soley based on attack if I recall correctly.

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Houndoom only becuase on Emerald i had a Houndoom and it helped me out alot in the Battle Frontier. Plus Fire/Dark is better than just Fire.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like Arcanine better than Houndoom if only for the Arcanine here. He's been one of my best friends for ages and that just sorta translated to me liking the Pokémon more than I would have, too. However I prefer Houndour much more than Growlithe. Since the poll's based on the final evolutions, though, I'll have to say Arcanine.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Wow, that's really hard!!! But... I like them both. Until recently I never really appreciated Arcanine. And I've always liked Houndoom's Dark/Fire typing! ;P
    So. yeah for me, their positives and negatives cancel eachother out.

Fire-Mane59

My beard... It intimidates you
    Years
  • Hence my username...

First, Arcanine will win, his powers are those to be both worshipped and feared...
    Second, the image you used to display Arcanine is so godlike, thank you for bringing that image out of the shadows for me...
    And third... he's an original.

But Houndoom has it's niceness.
    (Since Arcanine is my favorite, I'm stopping this post here, trying to contain that inner Fan Girl we all have...)

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    this is a tough call they are both great battlers in their own area but arcanine is better. However houndoom looks awesome!

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    For me this is a difficult choice because I love both Arcanine and Houndoom for many reasons. I also love Growlithe and Houndour the same. I love canine like pokemon, and in generation one I always had Growlithe (well once you could obtain it) and Arcanine on my team. Basically, Arcanine is such a beautiful pokemon, it's mane really tends to flow gracefully and it just captures you with it's stunning beauty. I love how awesome it always looked to me in the game, on the anime and on the cards. I also found it to be quite powerful in battle for me and was ultimately my favorite fire type back then besides Charizard.

But, Houndoom just looks so bad and like it can cause you to shudder. I have always been a fan of it's design as well, it just looks so cool yet deadly. Love the horns and the tail, and it's just so unique to me that I can't discredit it. Once generation two came along, I was also persistent on always having Houndour or Houndoom on my team because I also just loved the fact that it was also a dark pokemon and not just fire.

For this, I'm afraid I have to go with Houndoom because it's been on my team more after generation two, mainly because it's also a dark pokemon. It's look is also cool yet it looks fierce and I like that. However, If I were to choose over design, I'd probably say Arcanine because it looks like it's legendary and epic.

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Houndoom,
    You HAVE to have a houndoom on your team if you ever want to take over the world :)
    its required.

MythologicalHAX

Psychic Nightmare
    Years
  • Me and Arcee go WAAAAAAAAAAY back like my second pokemon ever so yeah easy plus if an arcanine crossed paths with an angry houndoom arcanine would be picking houndooms bones out his teeth the next day
    I VOTE ARCANINE!!! <3

Years
  • I like Arcanine. It is an awesome fire dog. I like how it looks, it looks awesome. I like its attacks. I like dogs so this is a really cool dog Pokemon.

Back