• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Arceus or Mew?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    A little late with this, but I was just giving it some thought. Bear with me and keep an open mind:

What if Arceus and Mew came from that same "egg" in the story? In science, we all learned that it takes a single cell to first begin the development of any living organism. That cell contains all the DNA needed to make things happen. If that "god cell" was in "a place there was nothing" wouldn't that be considered an egg of sorts? Now moving on with that; let's say the aspect of Mew was the cytoplasm and Arceus could be considered the cell membrane. Mew and Arceus were just a blobby thing in the same mush and not even Pokemon yet. When cell division occurred, Arceus and Mew separated into their own cells. I would think that a sort of meiosis happened where Arceus received one half of the "god cell" genes giving it the ability to change element types and give form to nothingness, while Mew received the other half of it allowing it to learn all the Pokemon moves and possessing all Pokemon genetic makeup. Arceus then shapes the universe and makes them "official" Pokemon. I'd like to think of it metaphorically as Mew received all the sounds of language but Arceus gave the sounds shape i.e. the letters of the alphabets.

From there, things happened as the storyline states because Mew would still posses all the genetic material Arceus does when he creates Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Mew still has the DNA of every Pokemon and Arceus still created the universe. Neither came FIRST because they both existed in the same genetic pudding until cell division occurred.

I'd really like input on this, seeing as how I might have overlooked something vital. Oh, and sorry to the moderators for the lateness of this post :3

Years
    A little late with this, but I was just giving it some thought. Bear with me and keep an open mind:

What if Arceus and Mew came from that same "egg" in the story? In science, we all learned that it takes a single cell to first begin the development of any living organism. That cell contains all the DNA needed to make things happen. If that "god cell" was in "a place there was nothing" wouldn't that be considered an egg of sorts? Now moving on with that; let's say the aspect of Mew was the cytoplasm and Arceus could be considered the cell membrane. Mew and Arceus were just a blobby thing in the same mush and not even Pokemon yet. When cell division occurred, Arceus and Mew separated into their own cells. I would think that a sort of meiosis happened where Arceus received one half of the "god cell" genes giving it the ability to change element types and give form to nothingness, while Mew received the other half of it allowing it to learn all the Pokemon moves and possessing all Pokemon genetic makeup. Arceus then shapes the universe and makes them "official" Pokemon. I'd like to think of it metaphorically as Mew received all the sounds of language but Arceus gave the sounds shape i.e. the letters of the alphabets.

From there, things happened as the storyline states because Mew would still posses all the genetic material Arceus does when he creates Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Mew still has the DNA of every Pokemon and Arceus still created the universe. Neither came FIRST because they both existed in the same genetic pudding until cell division occurred.

I'd really like input on this, seeing as how I might have overlooked something vital. Oh, and sorry to the moderators for the lateness of this post :3
    Thanks for your post coolguy, but just so you know, anything that hasn't been posted in for over 30 days is considered a dead thread, and shouldn't be bumped. Normally, I'd close this thread and ask you to post a new one, but I think there are a lot of good theories and ideas in this thread, so I'll leave it open. Just for future reference though, please create a new thread instead of you see any old topic you'd like to talk about, and even link back to the original thread if you'd like. Thanks!

also, thread locks in 3... 2...
    ehehe, nope. ;P

I'm just full of surprises, aren't I?

Simon Science

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Now, ive skimmed the arguments, and in general, it seems to be going like this:
    Arceus created the universe and by extention mew.
    But the pokedex states that mew has the genetics of all pokemon, and by extention arceus, so mew must have birthed arceus.

Here is where we must point out the most critical flaw in the "Mew came first" scenario.

Dose Arceus...

Even have a genetic code?

Think about it. Sure the legends say it came from a egg but that could just be metaphore. Sure ditto can use its copy ability on it but aigain, we have sources that ditto can copy inanimate objects, and thus dosent need a genetic code to transform. This would actually make scence for most legendaries that cannot breed.Think of heatran, palkia, dialga, giaritina. These pokemon are not animals. Artificial parts atached to their bodies, only one of their kind in existance... So, i will conclude that some legendary pokemon do not have a genetic code, mainly arceus, the dragon trio and the lake spirits to be completley safe. By extention we should include groudon and kyogre who were literally formed from water and magma respectivly. How would they get a genetic code from water and magma? The regi trio? WHat about pokemon that are literally built? arguments can be made for porygon and castform having genetic codes but look at golurk and golett's dex descriptions. What about ghost pokemon? How do you get the genetic code of a ghost?

Tigroid

Now you see me...
    Years
    Dose Arceus...

Even have a genetic code?

Think about it. Sure the legends say it came from a egg but that could just be metaphore. Sure ditto can use its copy ability on it but aigain, we have sources that ditto can copy inanimate objects, and thus dosent need a genetic code to transform. This would actually make scence for most legendaries that cannot breed.Think of heatran, palkia, dialga, giaritina. These pokemon are not animals... only one of their kind in existance... So, i will conclude that some legendary pokemon do not have a genetic codeQUOTE]

My turn!!!
    The above quote brings up (I feel) a very good point. Mew (to my knowledge) is never stated to have created anything. What if mew is nothing more than a "for kicks" project by Arceus? By this I mean Arceus thought something like, "I wonder what I would get if I mixed the DNA of all my creation?". If Arceus did this then we would have a more logical explanation as well as proof to Arceus's sense of humor.

Also, I don't think I want Nintendo to give us the answer... Threads like this always make me smile, ans sometimes the mystery is better before it's solved.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
    Wow I feel I entered N.A.S.A. I just got the abc's of pokemom, and just reading that who came first arceus or mew got me a trip with the guys in white... @:-{

That means that mew is just a wild card of some sort, and mewtwo just a fluke? I just got lost...

destinedjagold nice! Serge on the act!! Chrono series just refuse to die!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Interestingly in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, particularly Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky, there's an actual record of the creation of the world, contained in murals.

Arceus or Mew?

While Arceus isn't shown in this mural Mew seems to be first, so perhaps everything stems from it. It seems curious it would be first, even before the expansion of time and space. But that of course is dependant on this mural being in the right order, or even being a record of the creation of the world at all...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Great point. Mew is more scientific explanation and Arceus is more of a religious explanation of Pokemon creation.

Back