• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Considering most of smogon is abusing the poor method of taking votes to submit hundreds of votes for Ditto, this event seems to me effectively decided. At the very least, it'll be a three-way challenge between Ditto, Lugia and Ho-oh. I've currently voted for Ditto four times and Lugia three.

Also, if you want Breloom, vote SHROOMISH, so you can get Spore, since it'll be always male anyway.

Totally realised about Breloom after, voting Shroomish now, lool.

I really don't want Ditto to win because I'm stubborn like that so I'm going to keep the race going for Shroomish if I can :( I also feel really bad for saying that, but meh, game freak really should've designed their poll better.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • I voted for Darkrai. If it does win, I'm gonna show it to my cousin. She's been hunting one down for months, and i got mine in a few seconds :P

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I voted for Ditto! I'd love to have the ability Imposter =D

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I voted Jirachi because I always wanted one and never got any of the events

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    SO FAR THE RANKINGS ARE...

1. Arceus.
    2. Ditto.
    3. Mew.
    4. Deoxys.
    5. Darkrai.
    6. Celebi.
    7. Rayquaza.
    8. Shaymin.
    9. Pikachu.
    10. Jirachi.

How do ya'll feel about this? (while I personally have... thoughts about this, lol, everyone else is free to protest to the rankings a much as they'd like :3;)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Great to see Arceus at the top, I love that Pokémon even though never battling with one plus there's never been one distributed over any event, correct? ~ I tried voting but the site was down for me.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Vote Ditto! Arceus doesn't have a Dream World ability, while Ditto has one of the coolest abilities in the game (Impostor - transforms automatically when you send it in, making it useful for once!). Arceus won the vote in Japan, and was released with a special move instead of a special ability... Hyper Beam. That's right, a TM move you can teach whenever you want. Although it's very unlikely Ditto will get a new move, its ability more than makes up for it.
    If you want to get an ordinary Pokémon you can already easily get on Wi-Fi, then go ahead and vote Arceus. On the other hand, if you're more adventurous and want something completely different that hasn't been released yet, vote Ditto!

Great to see Arceus at the top, I love that Pokémon even though never battling with one plus there's never been one distributed over any event, correct? ~ I tried voting but the site was down for me.
    There have been a couple of Arceus events - the one most people will have is the Michina Arceus to promote the 13th movie which was available shortly before the release of HeartGold/SoulSilver (and can be PokéShifted to B/W). Arceus won Japan's most popular Pokémon poll, so it got released in the Japanese Dream World.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I can't help but wonder why Arceus is in the lead. I mean, it doesn't have a DW ability (like all the other legendaries in the top 10 rankings) while Ditto and Pikachu do.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I'm currently spamming votes for Ditto. Impostor would be awesome on it. Why's Arceus in the lead? It has no DW ability whatsoever.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I can't help but wonder why Arceus is in the lead. I mean, it doesn't have a DW ability (like all the other legendaries in the top 10 rankings) while Ditto and Pikachu do.
    Don't you know? Arceus is like the God Pokemon! Best of them all!

...Which is probably the mindset of most people who is/has voted for it. Honestly I'd like a Pokemon who actually has a dream world ability. Although a great opportunity for those who don't have an Arceus (like myself) I'd actually appreciate a Pokemon with a DW ability that's at least decent more. This saddens me. There's always hope for Ditto though!

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • OK, it's time to start spamming Ditto votes. We do NOT want a repeat of the Japanese and Korean polls, where we got legendaries with no DW abilities. Much though I would love to finally have a legit Arceus, I think that Impostor Ditto is preferable. Unique ability awesomeness over 'ZOMG Arceus am teh roxorz', please!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    OK, it's time to start spamming Ditto votes. We do NOT want a repeat of the Japanese and Korean polls, where we got legendaries with no DW abilities. Much though I would love to finally have a legit Arceus, I think that Impostor Ditto is preferable. Unique ability awesomeness over 'ZOMG Arceus am teh roxorz', please!

I'm currently spamming votes for Ditto. Impostor would be awesome on it. Why's Arceus in the lead? It has no DW ability whatsoever.

Vote Ditto! Arceus doesn't have a Dream World ability, while Ditto has one of the coolest abilities in the game (Impostor - transforms automatically when you send it in, making it useful for once!). Arceus won the vote in Japan, and was released with a special move instead of a special ability... Hyper Beam. That's right, a TM move you can teach whenever you want. Although it's very unlikely Ditto will get a new move, its ability more than makes up for it.
    If you want to get an ordinary Pokémon you can already easily get on Wi-Fi, then go ahead and vote Arceus. On the other hand, if you're more adventurous and want something completely different that hasn't been released yet, vote Ditto!

Pfft no, a secret other Pokemon will obv win. I know how fun the ability can be in theory, but it's just going to be annoying to face (and unlikely to ever be banned! :(), and while I wanted Techniloom, I'm throwing my support behind another Pokemon in the top 10. ;x

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Yeah I've definitely voted for Ditto on all IPs available, including my Proxy... man I want that Imposter Ditto!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • DON'T VOTE FOR ARCEUS. SERIOUSLY.
    It has NO DW ability. Vote for Ditto, Heracross,Pinsir, Zapdos, Ho-oh, Lugia, Feraligatr, SOMETHING THAT GETS A NEW ABILITY! Gamefreak should reprogram the thing so only Pokemon that are not released (abilities) can be voted on.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Why on earth is Ditto #2?

Everyone should vote for Deoxys, because it's the hardest one to get in the game.

Not... really. XD; Arceus is also "hard" to get, as are all other event legendaries that were only distributed once and never again. But yeah, Ditto's #2 because Smogon and other sites are campaigning for it because of the ability Imposter, which allows it to copy the opponents stats/boosts.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Why on earth is Ditto #2? Why does Smogon want everyone to get a 48 Base stat Pokemon?

Do you get the whole point of Ditto's DW ability? Ditto's hidden ability is Imposter. Instead of having to use transform and dying right after, this ability transforms Ditto upon entering battle, aka instant stat copies. It copies all the stats (AND STAT CHANGES MIND YOU), except for HP. A base of 48 HP is decent since with full EV investment it will be 300. A choice scarfed Ditto will ALWAYS be faster than its opponent, unless it is scarfed as well, in which case it will be a 50% chance. Please get it lol. It is not for Ditto, it is for its hidden ability.

I want either Shroomish to win or Ditto, I don't want no freaking Arceus or Deoxys, because there is no point in that. Ditto is probably gonna screw over the metagame completely, so vote for Shroomish everyone.

Back