• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Arceus?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    What the heck is up with Arceus being able to have the form of all the Pokemon types known to us?
    How can you tell which one you'll get? Is it random? Like you can just shut off your game if you get the Normal Arceus, but you want the Fire Arceus?

BlackRainWillFall

Jacoby: True Beast of the Sea
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2007
    Throughout the game, you will pick up these mysterious "plates". These are specifically for Arceus. For instance, make him hold the poison plate, he'll be the Poison type. Make him hold the fire plate, he'll be the Fire type. Get it?

But Arceus' original form is always Normal when you first battle him.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Oh that's what those color things were. Okay, thanks!

And you can change the plates from time to time, right? It's not when you put one plate on, it's that plate forever, right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Oh that's what those color things were. Okay, thanks!

And you can change the plates from time to time, right? It's not when you put one plate on, it's that plate forever, right?

The plates are treated as held items, so it's as easy as that. Of course, that means you can't give it another item while it has a plate...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Throughout the game, you will pick up these mysterious "plates". These are specifically for Arceus. For instance, make him hold the poison plate, he'll be the Poison type. Make him hold the fire plate, he'll be the Fire type. Get it?

But Arceus' original form is always Normal when you first battle him.

Asides from that, I believe that the plates when held by other Pokemon also increases the type of attack's power, like say Mystic Water, Twistedspoon or Magnet would.

You can also get more than one of each plate and they're not restricted to just normal gameplay as items you find, you can find them when digging in the Shinou Underground.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    And thx to that plate he become the first "pure flying" type. Anyway that is with the help of item, i want eeveelutions family to be the first pure flying just like umbreon as the first pure dark type....

Back to topic, that plate also change one of his attack i believe...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah, I think I read that somewhere too. Do you think it would be an attack that's really strong? Like, if you were to attach the Fire plate to him, he'd learn something like Flamethrower or Fire Blast?

Ew, that would mean that, unless they made cool Dark types, the strongest Dark type move he can learn is Crunch >.<
    I'm sure they made new Dark type moves.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The attack that changes according to the plate is called Judgement Pebble.

It is a Power 100, Accuracy 100 attack with 10 PP. It is also a special attack.

On a side note, it is interesting to see that its move tutor attack is Meteoric Swarm which can only be learnt when the Dragon Plate is held.

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    But what happened after that re-taken......Sure that's weird.
    With that 100 power and 100 acc it even too powered. I won't use legendary nor item though

off topic : yay 500th post

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years

With that 100 power and 100 acc it even too powered. I won't use legendary nor item though

That's why its restricted to a event only Pokemon. Otherwise as a normal legendary, it would pretty much be unstoppable.

Also, I forgot to mention that it learns it at lvl 100 =D

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    You mean by ticket like deoxys/lugia/ho-oh
    Lv learn that move doesn't matter because I always use lv 100 pokemon to battle with my friend.
    Btw is it really better than mew two? I mean mewtwo has high speed and high SA even in other stat it lost to arceus

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Kind of. It's similar I believe.

I would say its better, SA and speed wont help too much if its overpowered too easily. They do say that Aruseus is the best Pokemon ever...

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    But still need good user and moveset... Even a kyorge would lost to shedinja without ancient power or hail (which is almost never used as kyorge's moveset). Wonder if shedy could do the same to it

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Here's an interesting fact. According to Bulbapedia, Arceus' Pokedex reads as follows:
    Pokémon Diamond: It is painted in myths as the Pokémon who used its thousands of skills to create the world.

Pokémon Pearl: It is described in myths as the first Pokémon being born when the world is still in the state of complete emptiness.

It hints that this is the creation Pokemon. But it also says that that is considered to be a myth. So, that makes this Pokemon just an ordinary legendary. It's not actually PROVEN to be the creator.

Of course, I'm sure it would be impossible with earthly technology to capture the god of the Pokemon world.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    You can only get Arceus by an event. So you won't be able to have your team until then.

Back