• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    I noticed in the new version when you Edit something manually in the PBS folder, when you test play it stays the sames as before . I dont know if it was just me but all I did was compile the data during test play and everything worked fine.

As for you problem you have to set the maps you will be running on to Outdoors in the Meta File.

It should look something like this :

[023] (the ID of Your Map)
    # PALLET TOWN
    Bicycle=true
    Outdoor=true
    ShowArea=true

Hope this helps.
    Thanks a LOT, it worked! Phew, I was getting worried, lol.

Another question, does anyone know how to make a Pokémon uncatchable?

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    How do I make all HMs usable from the beginning of the game? In my game, gym battles are optional, and I want you to be able to use any HM no matter what.

How can I do this?

EDIT: One more question:

Can I add a non-trainer NPC into my phone in the Pokegear? I really need to add Professor Oak to my phone. I can have a common event for what Oak will say, I just need to know how to call that common event using a script in the Phone, if possible. Or if it's not possible this way, then is there another way?

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • I think.

How do I make all HMs usable from the beginning of the game? In my game, gym battles are optional, and I want you to be able to use any HM no matter what.

How can I do this?

EDIT: One more question:

Can I add a non-trainer NPC into my phone in the Pokegear? I really need to add Professor Oak to my phone. I can have a common event for what Oak will say, I just need to know how to call that common event using a script in the Phone, if possible. Or if it's not possible this way, then is there another way?

For the first question, I'm pretty sure that all HMs are useable at the beginning of the game automatically, just try it out like in water or something, I did and I ended up swiming on top of an invisible pokemon ^^.

Second question I think you just make a script like this "pbPhoneRegisterBattle(get_character(0),PBTrainers:: Professor,OAK)"

And that might do the trick, of course I could be wrong.

Now my question: If I wanted to make a custom menu for my game I would have to be educated in Rgss, and Ruby scripting right? Or is there more to it than that?

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    For the first question, I'm pretty sure that all HMs are useable at the beginning of the game automatically, just try it out like in water or something, I did and I ended up swiming on top of an invisible pokemon ^^.

Second question I think you just make a script like this "pbPhoneRegisterBattle(get_character(0),PBTrainers:: Professor,OAK)"

And that might do the trick, of course I could be wrong.

Now my question: If I wanted to make a custom menu for my game I would have to be educated in Rgss, and Ruby scripting right? Or is there more to it than that?

I'm pretty sure that HMs are usable when playtesting the game, but when you actually play, it works normally. That's just a feature poccil included to make playtesting easier.

And the thing about making Oak a trainer probably won't work because when you call a character, it just draws from a random bank of phone calls, so I wouldn't be able to specify what he says each time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks a LOT, it worked! Phew, I was getting worried, lol.

Another question, does anyone know how to make a Pokémon uncatchable?
    for a single pokemon uncatchable all the time set their rareness to 0 in pokemon.txt
    but i assume you mean for a single battle so, and it's rather crude, insert this code at line 1707 of PokeBattle_Battle
    Code:
       if $game_switches[49]
          pbDisplay(_INTL("The Pokemon cannot be caught."))
        else
    and then set up the battle something like this (with switch 49 called something like Uncatchable)
    Code:
    Control Switches: [0049: Uncatchable] = ON
    Script: pbWildBattle(
              ::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
    Control Switches: [0049: Uncatchable] = OFF

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    If it's an entire species, then you could set its catch rate to 0. But then there's the problem of the Master Ball catching anything... Just go with AT's suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    please someone help me how can i make a catchable pokémon durring TRAINER BATTLE LIKE ON COLLISIUM

to catch a trainer's pokemon then you in the file items.txt you define the balls that can catch trainer pokemon as snag balls
    however i don't think you can make it so that only certain pokemon are catchable (at least not yet)

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    problem

I am having a problem that when you go behind the lighthouse in the outside tileset you can see the top of the player.
    Please help!

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Since they didn't really get answered before, I'll ask again:

How do I make all HMs usable from the beginning of the game? In my game, gym battles are optional, and I want you to be able to use any HM no matter what. How can I do this?

Absola

~ Let me fly away
    Years
  • I am having a problem that when you go behind the lighthouse in the outside tileset you can see the top of the player.
    Please help!

Ah seems like a basic RMXP problem, I'll help you out..!

Go to Database and the tab for Tilesets. Press on the Priority button and take a look at the lighthouse - it may have the priority 1. You may change the priority on tall buildings and towers, so change the priority (by clicking on them) like this:

5 5 5 5
    4 4 4 4
    3 3 3 3
    2 2 2 2
    1 1 1 1
    <-- The first line should remain

Just increase the priority number for each level. I'm not good at explaining things but hope that helped!

~ Absola

Years
  • Would someone be able to tell me what this means? And possibly how to fix it?
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Silver Sea
    Exception: NoMethodError

Pokegear:152:in `update'

Pokegear:110:in `main'

Pokegear:107:in `loop'

Pokegear:114:in `main'

PokemonUtilities:954:in `pbLoadRpgxpScene'

PokemonMenu:143:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonMenu:132:in `loop'

PokemonMenu:233:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:183:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:157:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

I'm was trying to add new features to the PokeGear, I got the icons working and I haven't yet created the new features. And it looks like I've hit a road block :(

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
  • u cant unless u know ruby/RGSS that is custom made raptor's scriptor ask them form the code though i doubt they will give it 2 u
    For me, you always say that!:t157:

Spoiler:

It's hard to do that, you know. I can't even ask my schoolmate who is an expert at programming, since I tried to ask him once, saying me a big NO! I hope you understand why I'm very angry.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I want to create a Rival event. I've edited the trainers.txt file (using the Pokemon Editor) so the there are three trainers whose trainer type is Rival (each with one of the starter pokémon).

I've set it so that when the player chooses their starter pokémon a variable is set (water pokemon means variable is set to 1, fire mon means variable is set to 2 etc).

Then when the time comes for the rival's battle with the player, i made an event with 4 pages. The event pages are the same as a normal trainer battle except that each one is for a different rival (because i made 3 identical trainers who have different pokemon).

The conditions for each page are corresponding to the variable that was set when the player chose a certain pokemon.

If the player chose the water pokemon (and so set the variable to 1) then the trainer event for the rival with the grass pokemon is called upon (in theory). All the pages are set on Autorun when a switch is tripped (after talking to the professor).

Is this all wrong? Is there a simpler way to make a trainer have different pokemon depending on choices made by the player?

Still not working. Can anyone whois making a game and done the first rival event help me? e.g. What you did?

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Still not working. Can anyone whois making a game and done the first rival event help me? e.g. What you did?

I don't have a rival event like this, but I might have some advice.

Instead of putting the battles on separate pages for the rival, include them as a part of a "Control" event. For example, the professor says something, then you have a Conditional Branch. The first branch will be Variable=1, then for the "Else" portion, Variable=2, then another "Else" for Variable=3. Understand?

Using control events is usually the easiest and most logical way to set up things like this. Just make events with sprites for each character, then make one Control event that will run everything.

If you want to talk to the rival to start a battle, you could have the same conditional branches within the rival event.

Here's a screenshot just to make everything clear.
    sample.jpg

And now for my questions:

How do I make all HMs usable from the beginning of the game? In my game, gym battles are optional, and I want you to be able to use any HM no matter what. How can I do this?

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
    Years
  • I don't have a rival event like this, but I might have some advice.

Instead of putting the battles on separate pages for the rival, include them as a part of a "Control" event. For example, the professor says something, then you have a Conditional Branch. The first branch will be Variable=1, then for the "Else" portion, Variable=2, then another "Else" for Variable=3. Understand?

Using control events is usually the easiest and most logical way to set up things like this. Just make events with sprites for each character, then make one Control event that will run everything.

If you want to talk to the rival to start a battle, you could have the same conditional branches within the rival event.

Here's a screenshot just to make everything clear.
    sample.jpg

And now for my questions:

HM thing : in the beginning of the game call an event which is like this :
    Naamloos.jpg

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Hello guys i fouind a part off a script which says:
    def pbIsSnagBall?(item)

Line 11 of the PokemonItems script.

how do i make it so i can use it in battle to steal opponents pokemon?

that was answered a while back by poccil, and it's in the notes. but here it is again:
    in the file items.txt you put a 3 in field 9 so if you have a pokeball that can steal trainer's pokemon it would look something like this
    Code:
    1,POKEBALL,Poké Ball,2,200,"A device for catching wild Pokémon. It is designed as a capsule system.",0,2,3
    but it cannot distinguish between different pokemon (i.e if one trainer pokemon is catchable then so is every other trainer pokemon in the game)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back