• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I wanted to ask you guys something... What I have to put in the bag/tr card script to make the background as the overworld, like the save and menu scene?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
How I can change the lenguaje???
I have the INTL translate but now I don't know what do...

Thanks

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
How to add a pokemon with a specific level by its internal name(like Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle) instead of regional number(like 001, 004, 007)?

Use PBSpecies::BULBASAUR, like this:
Code:
pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,10)
The internal names are actually constants in the PBSpecies module, with the values of the Pokémon's dex number.

Hikari Swordsman

Scientist
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Hello
I'd like to ask, how can make an opening screen? Like the one in every Pokemon game (The ones where a GameFreak logo appears)

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
?

Do you mean editing the pokemon essentials screen, if so just edit the picture in materials>titles then edit the first picture.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Use PBSpecies::BULBASAUR, like this:
Code:
pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,10)
The internal names are actually constants in the PBSpecies module, with the values of the Pokémon's dex number.

Thanks a lot for the reply, Wichu. I will try to use the pokemon internal name in the scripts and see if it works(My fellow Inmoosewetrust changed the Pokedex number so things were messed up a little bit). Have a good week.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hehe.

"Yay, Pichu.... wait, WHAT THE SPEAROW?"

That was a horrible bug.

I know about this, and that's why I still didn't update the first post of my game thread so the latest version available to public is still Version 1.2 by now. I don't know if Moose has fixed all the bugs and illogical issues but I will take a look into them and release a stable version next weekend when I get free time.

Atomic Reactor

So uh, how do you make it so tht you can talk to nurse joy from behind the counter?
cause now i have to put the event on the counter instead of behind it, how would i fix this?

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Something got messed up with my game...
So uh, how do you make it so tht you can talk to nurse joy from behind the counter?
cause now i have to put the event on the counter instead of behind it, how would i fix this?

You have to do this in the tileset thingy from rmxp..
Go to the tilesets tab in database, there you see the counter tab
click that and click the tile you want to use as the counter, the dot will change in a diamond.
now you can put the nurse joy behind the counter!

Hope this helps!

PoKéMaKeR​

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Alternatively, you could just put a blank event on the counter and use that. Another alternative is giving Nurse Joy an event name of "Counter(1)". Any three of these things all work the same.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
How do i change the appearance rates on a map? I have a map i want 12 pokemon to have a 20% chance of appearing, but i don't know how to add more than the default amount allowed using the Editor.exe.

I think you can do it with the encounter.txt file and then change the green text, not sure though

008 # Route 101
Land
ZIGZAGOON,3
PIDGEY,3
ZIGZAGOON,2
HOOTHOOT,3
ODDISH,2
ZIGZAGOON,4

Good luck with trying
And I hope this helps!

PoKéMaKeR​

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
This is for the benefit of everyone, really, so I thought I'd post it to all who're interested.

By default, Essentials has a wild Pokémon encounter rate that is slightly higher then it should be. Anyway, I found a quick and easy way to change this. Look at line 111 in Pokémon encounters. The intial multiplication value is 16, but this is a bit too high. Changing it to about 12 or 10 will reduce the amount of encounters you have.

I don't think this is the best way to do it, and not sure how things work out in caves, but it seems to work so far.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I don't really want to change the amount of times they some up, but rather, change the amound of pokemon that can appear with the same encounter rate... I'll understand if you don't get me, i hardly understand myself.

I know what you mean, show me the encounter.txt, then I can maybe come up with an idea..!

PoKéMaKeR​

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
It's just impossible to make 12 pokemon show up with 20% chance, that would sum up 240% while the max should be 100%, but in case you want that those 12 pokemon have the same chance to show up, just put 8% for each one which is something impossible without script editing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back