• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Could you PM me what I would have to do instead of download the new starterkit?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
blueguy:

The "0" in "get_character(0)" refers to the event that the Script event command is on. It is not a placeholder for something else, but is part of the actual code.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
blueguy:

The "0" in "get_character(0)" refers to the event that the Script event command is on. It is not a placeholder for something else, but is part of the actual code.

XD I tried! But anyways, thank you. I've gotten it to work.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Sometimes when I make map connection, there is a black line separate the two map when I stop moving...When I start moving, the line dissappear. But when I stop again, it appear again:
bugpw5.png

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I dont know, I'm just waiting for Poccil to help, but I think he already offline...

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
@ Poccil
I have another question, I am making a multi Regional pokemon game, the maps are in the graphics/picture folder and the data was entered using the townmap generator, into the metadata and townmap.txt but how do I switch between maps during game play, like if the caharcter is in johto the johto map is shown or in Kanto the map to kanto is shown, etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
@ Poccil
I have another question, I am making a multi Regional pokemon game, the maps are in the graphics/picture folder and the data was entered using the townmap generator, into the metadata and townmap.txt but how do I switch between maps during game play, like if the caharcter is in johto the johto map is shown or in Kanto the map to kanto is shown, etc.

Each RPG Maker XP map needs to contain a MapPosition setting in the metadata. The MapPosition setting consists of three numbers: the ID of the regional map and the X and Y coordinates of the RPGXP map's place within the regional map.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Alright, this shouldn't be too hard.

In the script PokeBattle_ActualScene, I've changed the sprite messagebox. The new backround is white, but the text is white too. How do I change the font to black?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The colors used in the battle message box are as follows:

• Base Color: Color.new(248,248,248)
  • Shadow Color: Color.new(104,88,112)

In the current version, however, the color directives are scattered throughout the script section:

• Near line 740
  • Near line 71
  • Near line 156

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
The colors used in the battle message box are as follows:

• Base Color: Color.new(248,248,248)
  • Shadow Color: Color.new(104,88,112)

In the current version, however, the color directives are scattered throughout the script section:

• Near line 740
  • Near line 71
  • Near line 156

Thanks for that. Now I have them, do you know what I replace them with to make them black?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Here:

• Base color: Color.new(24,24,24)
  • Shadow color: Color.new(144,144,144)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
You likely made a mistake when editing the pbSetMessageMode function in the script section. Here is how it should look like:

Code:
def pbSetMessageMode(mode)
 @messagemode=mode
 msgwindow=@sprites["messagewindow"]
 if mode # Within Pokemon command
  msgwindow.baseColor=Color.new(72,72,72)
  msgwindow.shadowColor=Color.new(208,208,208)
  msgwindow.windowskin=@spriteskin
  msgwindow.x=0
  msgwindow.y=224
  msgwindow.width=480
  msgwindow.height=96
 else
  msgwindow.baseColor=Color.new(24,24,24)
  msgwindow.shadowColor=Color.new(144,144,144)
  msgwindow.windowskin=nil
  msgwindow.x=16
  msgwindow.y=224
  msgwindow.width=448
  msgwindow.height=96
 end
end

Near line 70 and near line 156:

Code:
  @baseColor=Color.new(24,24,24)
  @shadowColor=Color.new(144,144,144)
  @menuBaseColor=Color.new(72,72,72)
  @menuShadowColor=Color.new(208,208,208)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Howdy poccil, I've got to that time where I create trainer and gym battles.

So I have a few questions!

1. HOW DO I MAKE A TRAINER BATTLE
I know how to do wild Pokémon battles, and that is OK, but not how to do a set battle.

2. HOW DO I MAKE NPCs WALK TOWARDS YOU?
They just stand still as events; how do they walk?

3. HOW DO I ASSIGN GYM BADGES TO LEADERS, AND EQUIP A BADGE SPRITE AND BADGE CASE?
Speaks for itself.

4. HOW DO I GIVE THE POKéDEX TO THE HERO?

5. HOW DO I CHANGE THE TRAINER CARD TEMPLATE?

6. HOW DO I CHANGE THE POKéDEX INTERFACE?

EDIT: 7. HOW DO I HAVE WEATHER EFFECTED EVOLUTIONS?

Thanks if you answer all of those XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To answer the first two questions: Pokemon Essentials supports special events called Trainer events. Here is a quote from the documentation:

Trainer events have a name of "Trainer(X)", where X is the maximum range of vision of the Trainer. Trainers normally consist of two event pages. The first has an Event Touch trigger and has the following structure:

Code:
Script:  Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(
:     :  get_character(0))
Text:  Battle me now!
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::CAMPER,"Andrew",_I("A very good battle, indeed."))
  -- here you can add event commands to be run when the player wins, but this is not necessary
  Control Self Switch:  A =ON
Branch End
Notice the parameters to pbTrainerBattle. Here is a list of the parameters:

* Parameter 1: Trainer type.
* Parameter 2: Trainer's name. The Trainer type and Trainer name must be found in the Trainer data file or an exception will be raised.
* Parameter 3: Dialogue that the Trainer says when the player wins. This parameter should be wrapped in _I() (with a capital i), to support localization.
* Parameter 4: Optional. Whether the battle is a double battle. The default is false. If the battle is a double battle, an exception will be raised if the player has only one Pokemon, so this case must be checked before the battle begins. For an example, see the two people to the left of the Pokemon Center's PC.
* Parameter 5: Optional. A number to distinguish Trainers with the same Trainer type and Trainer name.

You can play music when a Trainer wants to battle by adding a "Play ME" event command as the first on the list of commands. Also, the Trainer event need not be named "Trainer(X)" if it only needs to be talked to in order to start a battle, as is the case for Gym Leaders and other special Trainers.

The second event page has a condition of "Self Switch A is ON", and usually contains text that the Trainer says after the battle is over. The trigger must be other than Event Touch.

The game system will automatically handle the case when two Trainers come into contact with the player at the same time; in that case, a multi battle will begin if the player has at least two Pokemon.

For Trainer battles that span two events (as is the case with many double battles), the other event's self switch should be turned on when the player wins. You can use the pbSetSelfSwitch function for this.

To add new Trainers, the file "trainers.txt" must be edited (for details, see the documentation).

3: To add a Gym Badge, use a Script event command whose text consists of "$Trainer.badges[X]=true", where X is a number from 0 through 7. It is normally set after the player defeats a Gym Leader.

4: Use a Script event command whose text consists of "$Trainer.pokedex=true" to add the Pokedex.

5: The Trainer Card's image is found in Graphics/Pictures/trcard.png , and the badges can be found in Graphics/Pictures/badges.png .

6: Currently, the Pokedex uses the image file found in Graphics/Pictures/pokeselbg.png as the background.

7: There are no evolutions that depend on the weather.

mathewhack2

I call her she's mine!
Years
removing items

i still dont know how to remove items from the bag i have tryed the scripts that you gave me but i always get an error of somesort it is anoying if you could tell me thaks

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I know there aren't any evolutions that depend on it, but what about things like Castform?

Also, I am making my own game, which needs weather evolutions. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back