• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
  • If I put water in the first level, then a bridge in the second, I can surf on it.
    This is quite a bug, I think...Ways to resolve it?

I used grassy tiles, or tiles the same colour as the bridge on Layer 1. Then painted the bridge over the top on layer 2.

I have a quick question...
    Can you tell me how to program it so that the trainers will throw Pokeballs instead of the Pokemon just appearing?

You have to make an animation, but if you are a game designer, that's one thing you should learn the hard way: by doing.

hey there,
    i was wondering why in the starter kit text doesn't show up.

Because you have not installed the fonts from the pokefonts.zip package included in the starter kit

in the starter kit there are instructions for how to do this. Installing fonts is easy. Also windows does tell you how to do so...

Simply drag the unpackaged fonts into the control panel's 'Fonts' folder.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Also just wondering, is there like a retards guide to this starter kit?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    If I put water in the first level, then a bridge in the second, I can surf on it.
    This is quite a bug, I think...Ways to resolve it?
    Yeah I am wondering the same myself.

Also just wondering, is there like a retards guide to this starter kit?

Yeah, it's called the Notes.html file. It would make great use to you.

@Poccil, Is there a way I can stop the NPC's in my game from "jiggling?"

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • I remember that somewhere in this thread, someone mentioned that some of the functions in this starter kit do not work properly when you add a great deal of additional Pokemon, because they only read up to 386. Has this been resolved? I really wouldn't want to have to wade through the quagmire of scripts in this project looking for exactly which things I need to edit. Thanks!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Well then if you can't understand that don't use poccil's starter kit.It isn't for noobs.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • Well then if you can't understand that don't use poccil's starter kit.It isn't for noobs.

Do you actually try to be rude? All you have to do is tell them that maybe thay could stand to learn more about how to script, etc. before using the starter kit, instead of just calling them a n00b.

Edit: sorry! I am kinda irked right now (don't ask, it's not a orum-related thing). Anyway, I meant to say that you could actually word things better, so that people aren't as likely to be offended.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • I need help with the trainers!

How do you make it so say for example you battle your rival and you choose the fire starter, then the rival has the water etc. Is this possible?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Make a switch ON when you choose your starter for e.g.:

Fire starter: Switch:Fire on
    Water starter: Switch:Water On
    Grass starter: Switch Fire on

And then make three rival battles and when you battle the rival make a condition branch like this"

@>Conditional Branch:Fire starter on
    @>Conditional Branch:#Make the hero battle the one of the three rival battles in trainers.txt you made with the oposite typ and in this case water
    @>Else
    @>Jump to label:Water starter

@>Label:Water starter
    @>Conditional Branch: Water starter on
    @>Condition Branch:#Make the hero battle the one of the three rival battles in trainers.txt you made with the oposite typ and in this case grass
    @>Else:
    @>Jump to label:Grass starter

@>Label:Grass starter
    @>Conditional Branch: Grass starter on
    @>Condition Branch:#Make the hero battle the one of the three rival battles in trainers.txt you made with the oposite typ and in this case fire
    @>Else:
    @>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I didn't get offended, I don't know knowing about scripts and stuff. But I could probley sprite alot better than some people who can script good.

Does anyone know of like, a default game that has a Menu system and A battle

Rm2k3Guy

Lord of shadows
    Years
  • Hey I think what you're doing is great, however I need a little help.
    I would like to know if there is a way to permently change the battle music, I know it can be changed for individual trainers i.e Gym Leaders however I would like just regular trainers having a bog standard theme, I have the music but I can't find the script to change.
    Help would be appreciated,
    Rm2k3guy

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • Make a switch ON when you choose your starter for e.g.:

Fire starter: Switch:Fire on
    Water starter: Switch:Water On
    Grass starter: Switch Fire on

And then make three rival battles and when you battle the rival make a condition branch like this"

@>Conditional Branch:Fire starter on
    @>Conditional Branch:#Make the hero battle the one of the three rival battles in trainers.txt you made with the oposite typ and in this case water
    @>Else
    @>Jump to label:Water starter

@>Label:Water starter
    @>Conditional Branch: Water starter on
    @>Condition Branch:#Make the hero battle the one of the three rival battles in trainers.txt you made with the oposite typ and in this case grass
    @>Else:
    @>Jump to label:Grass starter

@>Label:Grass starter
    @>Conditional Branch: Grass starter on
    @>Condition Branch:#Make the hero battle the one of the three rival battles in trainers.txt you made with the oposite typ and in this case fire
    @>Else:
    @>

I already tried that and it doesn't work because the script reads the first rival I made and not the other ones with the different pokemon.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Then make three different rivals with three same trainer sprites.Pretty much you're going to have 3 clones of a rival.And name each of them trainerXXX,trainerXXX,trainerXXX.Then in trainernames.txt you would have to make three different rivals.Which would be all the same.And when you go into trainers.txt you would make it so that you would battle one rival and make that rival have a fire type.Then the other rival with a water starter.Then the other rival with a grass starter.Then once you do that you have to do what I said in the event process.

EDIT:How do you change the sprite of a hero running when you press the shift key.

Last edited:

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • With this Pokemon Starter Kit out, all I can say is, I hope that good and decent Pokemon Fan games are made. This power shouldn't be abused but there's a possibility that it may be. My god have mercy on us all...

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Sorry for not responding these few days, somehow my Internet connection was lost a few days ago.

Rm2k3Guy

Lord of shadows
    Years
  • Hey I think what you're doing is great, however I need a little help.
    I would like to know if there is a way to permently change the battle music, I know it can be changed for individual trainers i.e Gym Leaders however I would like just regular trainers having a bog standard theme, I have the music but I can't find the script to change.
    Help would be appreciated,
    Rm2k3guy
    I posted this earlier and since you were away I guess you didn't see it.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • I remember that somewhere in this thread, someone mentioned that some of the functions in this starter kit do not work properly when you add a great deal of additional Pokemon, because they only read up to 386. Has this been resolved? I really wouldn't want to have to wade through the quagmire of scripts in this project looking for exactly which things I need to edit. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been addressed. It should really be a quick answer anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back