• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    after you get a pokenav, and go to map. it shows the test map area, and other spots.
    how do i put my own in and make it say stuff when you scroll over it?

If I understand what you mean, you can edit the town map by using the town map generator (townmapgen.html). The documentation (notes.html) contains more information about the town map generator and creating regional maps.

Atomic Reactor

o yeah, thanks poccil, i didnt even think to look at that =/

Years
    I want to remove naming system from intro, and place it somewhere after it. But it causes an error after one step with not name script used. How can I fix that?

Last edited:

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I have used it, and it's definitely helpful, really nice. The problem is that I'm very lazy and didn't continue the game . . . Anyway, you should add the door's animations, the computer's animations (The screen turns on), and all those little animations if you can, since they're difficult to do . . .

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    @poccil
    I tried to add a new resolution but it isn´t this easy.
    Could you please implent a fullscreen resolution in the next release?

I also wondered about the "sockets" script i found in the SK.

Are you planning to implent an online script or some kind of?

Please Post Reply or send me PM.

@Dyegov:
    The doors are easy events which you can do by yourself ;)

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    @Dyegov:
    The doors are easy events which you can do by yourself ;)

Well, I made them quite some time ago, and they were difficult to me the first time, but then I got the grip of it. Now I try and I don't seem to remember how I did it . . .

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
    You know in pokemon games when you go to (Example) slowpoke well and fight the last team rocket member, all the team rocket members disappear as well as the ones guarding the front of the gym, I wanted to know how to do that. I know it involves switches, but could someone explain throughly how to do this.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Okay, Do you know what is a switch?
    "Switch" is just like switch in our daily life. It means you can turn on or turn off.
    What is the function?
    You set an NPC to say "Hello!" when talk to him.
    You set the NPC to say "We meet before right?" when talk to him when a certain switch is turned on.

That means, you can set the event to do "one thing" when certain switch is off,
    it will do "another thing" when the switch is on.

Hope you understand...

Next, to do the "Slowpoke Well" event, just simply add a new event page on each Team Rocket Grunt and set Conditions switch: "001: Dissappear" ( you can name it whatever you want ) and dont add the character set for it.

Then set a switch in the last rocket event command. I mean click "Control switch">"001:Dissappear"> ok

This means when you fight the last rocket grunt, it set the "001: Dissappear" on.
    And the second event page of each rocket grunt is set to "When the switch "001: Dissappear" is on, it turn to this event page".

Do you understand?

Atomic Reactor

how can you make it so you can recieve more than 8 badges?
    because my game is going to have every region, therefore you can get every badge.
    or is there no way?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    atomic_reactor:

In the current version, you can safely assume that there are more than eight Badges. The constants
    found in the PokemonField script section (like BADGEFORCUT) determine which Badge enables which
    hidden move.

Lorem Ipsum:

See "Changing the Title Screen" in the documentation. There you can find a skeleton title scene
    for augmenting. The title screen implemented in Pokemon Essentials is found in the script
    section Scene_Intro.

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Is there any tutorial for making the game's animations? Such as the doors, the attacks, using a HM, etc? And why is it kind of laggy when the character walks?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Use the 'notes' file located in the Starter Kit for all of those kind of questions.

EDIT: I have this thing that comes up every time I start the game from when I saved outsides. If I save in a building, it works fine. But then when I try to go outside, it keeps coming up. It stalls for like 30 seconds, then this pop-up occurs. It won't let me go outside at all.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Is it because there is too much going on? Like the shadows/day/night system etc?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Unfortunately, yes. Sometimes it acts like that because it has to load a very large tileset bitmap into memory, which can take more than a few seconds. There is not much I can do to avoid it.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    How can I stop my NPCs from figeting when I walk around.

And, is there a way to have shadows on my NPC?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    @poccil
    I tried to add a new resolution but it isn´t this easy.
    Could you please implent a fullscreen resolution in the next release?

I also wondered about the "sockets" script i found in the SK.

Are you planning to implent an online script or some kind of?

Please Post Reply or send me PM.

Poccil you haven´t my question answered yet...

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    Poccil you haven´t my question answered yet...

Well, let me answer for Poccil.

There are several problems with a fullscreen resolution. The first problem is that you have to automatically detect the size fo the monitor. The second problem is that you have to then resize the screen to those specifications WITHOUT expanding the resolution beyond RMXP default, because RMXP cannot handle larger-than-normal tiles. Then, if you do all of that, you will more than likely have a different window shape than the one being used in the game. Finally, if you just change the monitor's resolution instead, to make the game appear bigger without actually buing bigger, the game stretches to fit the monitor, the mouse gets huge, and the bar at the bottom (or wherever, depending on preferences and OS) gets huge as well. Really, it's a huge hassle for imperfect and unpredictable results. If you're wondering how I know this, look up the Resolution and Window size demo I made. (It requires quite a bit of scripting work to port into a game, so I only suggest it for new projects)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Thanks for answering, Glitchfinder. I will answer the other one.

Pokemon Essentials actually has very few needs for remote access, namely
    to enable trading and remote battling. However, I don't know the right way to
    proceed with connecting two computers using the Sockets library. The Netplay
    scripts can't be used mainly because the game system differs substantially
    from the default since there are no actors or enemies.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2008
    Thanks for your help...
    Yeah it's just a little bit different...
    maybe you can look somewhere or ask someone who is experienced with making pokemon mmorpg scripts. (Yes there are some, but not rmxp.) But the basic idea for the solution of your connection problem
    should be the same..
    I also thought about a gts script where you can load pokemon in an online database and then you download the pokemon you are looking for(like in pokemon dp)... this would make things much easier without a direct connection.
    My solution for this problem (iam not experienced with networking) ; Maybe you can invite someone via localhost (by ip setting), so that the pcs are connected with each other, if you know what i mean)
    some additional online features like online-only maps or a chat for many people would be also nice...
    i hope this helps a little maybe...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back