• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
Spoiler:

That's what I have for the choices. I honestly have no idea why the sprites are showing up. (It's the exact same event I used for my last try, barring no dialogue or Professor Oak now.) I can post the rest, if that would, help.

so...the sprites show up as soon as you go "pbChangePlayer(x)"? because that's exactly what's supposed to happen. like I said before, you'll need to use a "change transparent flag: transparent" straight after the changeplayer line to make them invisible for the rest of the intro. and don't forget to make them visible again when it's over XD

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
@Raikt: I believe the reason that the sprite shows up as soon as you use pbChangePlayer is because beforehand there's no sprite to show (since the player isn't defined). So it's not as though the game all of a sudden says display the sprite now, it was looking for a sprite to display the whole time anyways, but it didn't know what sprite to display. So, as mentioned, you have to set the transparent flag to transparency, then set it to visible once the event is over.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
How are you calling it in-game?

At the moment, When you talk to some guy, he says
"hi", then calls, script...
which ive used everything from, the class to the def
it just does nothing... i thought you had to call the class, but clearly i am wrong.

if you test it, you will see it doesn't work, unless it is in the wrong section in my scripts menu, i've placed it above Main, but below everything else...

is the coding okay? am i calling it wrong? is there a specific way to do this?

thanks.
Nici x

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
At the moment, When you talk to some guy, he says
"hi", then calls, script...

which ive used everything from, the class to the def
it just does nothing... i thought you had to call the class, but clearly i am wrong.

if you test it, you will see it doesn't work, unless it is in the wrong section in my scripts menu, i've placed it above Main, but below everything else...

is the coding okay? am i calling it wrong? is there a specific way to do this?

thanks.
Nici x
I believe he's asking for the actual script call in the event. You shouldn't need class or def, so if your method is something like def pbMethodName, then you would just call pbMethodName in the event. Also, since yours has a value passed into it, it looks like def pbMethodName(value). Since you have that value, you can't simply call pbMethodName, since it has the wrong number of arguments (everything past that is beyond me).

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
does anyone know how to change the home server so you can get on. I could just host a offline one on my PC for now

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
So, back with another question, though it might be a stupid one at that.

After tediously searching google, this form, and other areas, I haven't found an answer. I've seen in game betas, and in screen shots, people having more than the three layers alloted for building. How do I do this? I'd really love to make a multi-layer volcano area, but my progress is being hampered by this.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
So, back with another question, though it might be a stupid one at that.

After tediously searching google, this form, and other areas, I haven't found an answer. I've seen in game betas, and in screen shots, people having more than the three layers alloted for building. How do I do this? I'd really love to make a multi-layer volcano area, but my progress is being hampered by this.

Thats because there are a 4th layer, the event one ;]. You can add tiles on it through events too.

Years
Find this in PokemonTrainers:
Code:
trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)    
    if !trainer
        pbMissingTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
        return false
    end
It should be around line 310. Above that first line, put Audio.me_fade(2500). That should take care of it.
That works partially, the ME does stop but after that there is just silence during its duration. I tried adding Audio.me_stop after that and the battle BGM plays for about a second and then switches to the map's music.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Change the ME to a BGM, and use Audio.bgm_play instead of Audio.me_play.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
That works partially, the ME does stop but after that there is just silence during its duration. I tried adding Audio.me_stop after that and the battle BGM plays for about a second and then switches to the map's music.
Did you assign a bgm to that particular trainer type? I just checked and that line was the only change I made, and after it fades the bgm starts and plays like normal. There is a 1 to 2 second wait though, but I haven't got around to looking into it yet. Also, I can't figure out why the map bgm would play, since I don't think there is normally a line that tells it to do so (unless you set the trainer's bgm to be the same as whatever map you're testing it on).

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Thats because there are a 4th layer, the event one ;]. You can add tiles on it through events too.

I know that. :p I meant, I was seeing maps with 6+ layers on them. Unless they weren't done in Pokemon Essentials, how can I do that? Or is it not possible?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I know that. :p I meant, I was seeing maps with 6+ layers on them. Unless they weren't done in Pokemon Essentials, how can I do that? Or is it not possible?
The only way it could have more layers is if it were made in something besides RMXP. How do you know there are actually 6+ layers? You don't actually have to put an entire object on one layer. For instance, if you want a tree to partially cover the bottom of a building (assuming your trees are on layer 2), you would put only the tip of the tree on layer 3, and the rest of it on layer 2. Then all of the building except for the piece that is covered would be on layer 3. The covered piece would go on layer 2 "under" the tip of the tree on layer 3. Why would you need 6 layers anyways? Three is fairly limited, but 4 should get you just about anything you need (as ~JV~ mentioned).

@maldicion069: Are you referring to updates to the starter kit? You should go to the download site to see if there are newer versions, and the change logs should be under it, which tell you what script changes were made (you'll likely have to figure out what the features actually are on your own).

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
The only way it could have more layers is if it were made in something besides RMXP. How do you know there are actually 6+ layers? You don't actually have to put an entire object on one layer. For instance, if you want a tree to partially cover the bottom of a building (assuming your trees are on layer 2), you would put only the tip of the tree on layer 3, and the rest of it on layer 2. Then all of the building except for the piece that is covered would be on layer 3. The covered piece would go on layer 2 "under" the tip of the tree on layer 3. Why would you need 6 layers anyways? Three is fairly limited, but 4 should get you just about anything you need (as ~JV~ mentioned).

I'm aware of that, too. I do it quite frequently where I place just the tip of trees on layer 3 so that they will lean over buildings. I'm talking about for mountain scapes. I had an idea for a Volcanic city, and it would have quite a few ups and downs. The plan was for five layers, after seeing a map with that many. I could tell it was more than 4, though, because of the way they had their mountains set up. It went Base (lava and grass), then layer two with another set of ridges and a few buildings, layer three with a few ridges and buildings, then three more increasing layers on top of the mountains. (As in, they steadily got taller and taller.)

EDIT: Like I said, it was probably something other than RMXP. It had DPPt graphics and was definitely a Pokemon game. So, I thought I would ask here and see if there was a trick I wasn't aware of.

Last edited:
Years
Did you assign a bgm to that particular trainer type? I just checked and that line was the only change I made, and after it fades the bgm starts and plays like normal. There is a 1 to 2 second wait though, but I haven't got around to looking into it yet. Also, I can't figure out why the map bgm would play, since I don't think there is normally a line that tells it to do so (unless you set the trainer's bgm to be the same as whatever map you're testing it on).
EDIT:
I managed to fix it via eventing. Pretty much just added play ME right before the pbTrainerIntro and Kernel.pbNoticePlayer then a Audio.me_stop after that and a Restore BGM/BGS. And then right before the selfswitch a Audio.me_stop and a Play BGM (of the current map). I also had to delete all the comments but it works perfectly now.

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
As far as scripting that, this works fairly well:
Code:
Audio.me_fade(2500)
trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
trainerbgm=pbGetTrainerBattleBGM(trainer[0])
pbWait(20)
Audio.me_stop
Audio.bgm_stop
pbBGMPlay(trainerbgm,80,100)
The only problem left is that after the battle ends it plays the trainer bgm instead of the map's bgm. It's because I'm actually telling it to play again in the first place, but I'm having some difficulty pinning down the part that tells it do play by default (which I assume causes the post-battle play), so I can remove it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2010
the option "assign key"(With variables) on the pokemon essentials this blocked?
and if so how I can unlock?

thanks

Years
In case you're wondering this is what I ended up doing:
i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/Gorbehz/eventbattleme.png
And since I pretty much just copy and paste then edit to make new trainers it's only two more things I need to edit, the prebattle ME and the map BGM. Also gives me more flexibility with how I want to event the trainer because with the comments other stuff isn't used.

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
In the notes.html under trainers it says:

VanishIfSwitch: If the RPG Maker XP switch with this number is ON, the event will not be shown.

So if a certain switch is on, the event wouldn't be shown. In my game, the graphic is still there. If i try to remove the graphic on the third event page, the graphics on all the pages of that event disappear.

Is this supposed to happen?
And also, when I battle a trainer their Pokemon would be different genders. If I battle them again, the genders are all mixed up again. How can I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back