• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I just need to do it once.
    Just put a script command in an event and type pbSave. It won't give a message, but will still save the game for you.

@Canderis: you probably made an error when you created a new pokemon. If I remember right, certain parts require you to leave in the necessary number of comas, even if there's nothing in between them. If I were you, I'd copy/past an existing pokemon and just swap out the data, and any parts you leave blank you should leave the comas in anyways.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    The thing is, I have not added a new pokemon yet. Nor even tried doing it.
    In that case, I recommend getting a different pokemon.txt file. It may not have been properly extracted or something, who knows. So just unzip a new kit and copy the file over. If that doesn't work, then you have two options: put all of your stuff into a fresh kit or go back through every recent change you made and revert it in the hopes of fixing the issue (which is more trouble than it's worth).

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    Okay, here we go again. I have kind of an unusual thing I want to do in my game: Certain shiny Pokemon actually change types. I'm not worried about move sets or anything else, just types.

So, say a player finds a shiny Jolteon... How would I, instead of just Electric, make a shiny Jolteon be Electric and Steel? Just use this for example.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay, here we go again. I have kind of an unusual thing I want to do in my game: Certain shiny Pokemon actually change types. I'm not worried about move sets or anything else, just types.

So, say a player finds a shiny Jolteon... How would I, instead of just Electric, make a shiny Jolteon be Electric and Steel? Just use this for example.
    You want alternate forms that depend on shininess. Shellos works just the same, except it depends on maps (see Wormadam for how to change a type depending on the form). You need to use the procedures "getFormOnCreation" and "type2" to edit your Jolteon in the way you describe.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Why is that when I use pbTrainerIntro at the start of a trainer event, that it keeps playing when I advance in battle, and even after the battle?
    I didn't get a reply for this. So bumping it up.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    In that case, I recommend getting a different pokemon.txt file. It may not have been properly extracted or something, who knows. So just unzip a new kit and copy the file over. If that doesn't work, then you have two options: put all of your stuff into a fresh kit or go back through every recent change you made and revert it in the hopes of fixing the issue (which is more trouble than it's worth).

I only created a trainer and changed the player sprite. And this happened once before after I made no changes then. And I am using a new pokemon.txt file since then.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    can somebody help me with this error,

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `map_interpreter' for Game_System:Class
    PokemonMessages:114:in `pbMapInterpreter'
    Compiler:2784:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'
    Compiler:2795:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'
    Compiler:3729:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'
    Compiler:2838:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
    Compiler:2833:in `each'
    Compiler:2833:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
    Compiler:2828:in `each'
    Compiler:2828:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
    Compiler:3938:in `pbCompileAllData'

This exception was logged in
    C:\Users\Josh\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I didn't get a reply for this. So bumping it up.
    I think it's an audio related problem. Have you erased the Audio.dll file? If not, try that and it might fix the problem. We went over it a while back in this thread, and I'll help you find it if that doesn't fix it.

@Canderis: How long have you been using that kit, and which version is it? You may want to try a different version if you haven't been using that one long, since some of the kits don't work very well. Of course, Essentials can be pretty finicky anyways, where errors will sometimes pop up or even resolve themselves for no apparent reason. There have been times when simply copy/pasting something in exactly as it already was and saving it corrected an error. Otherwise, could you tell us more about the error, such as when it occurs? And you mentioned replacing all of your PBS files; were they from the same version as the kit you were using?

@1ninjadude1701: That error's been ignored for an awfully long time now. It was posted about 30 pages back and never got answered. I'll ask the same thing I asked above: when does it occur, and is there anything else about it that might help us figure it out?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    Which script contains class PokemonGlobal?

I'm always terrible about finding stuff that's right in my face. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    @1ninjadude1701: That error's been ignored for an awfully long time now. It was posted about 30 pages back and never got answered. I'll ask the same thing I asked above: when does it occur, and is there anything else about it that might help us figure it out?[/QUOTE]

I was using Curts region kit and when i tested it said stuff like, add type BUG_CATCHER. when i clicked no or yes it gave me that error.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Does anyone know how to make a dark map, like RockTunnel.

I tried the DarkMap=true as in the notes but didn't do anything.
    Did you recompile the game after making that change?

And I would recommend that you do NOT use the Editor to make changes, partly because you can't be sure it worked properly, and partly because editing the PBS files directly is not difficult in the first place.

Years
    Did you recompile the game after making that change?

And I would recommend that you do NOT use the Editor to make changes, partly because you can't be sure it worked properly, and partly because editing the PBS files directly is not difficult in the first place.

I don't use the editor, I edited the PBS files with notepad.
    But what I did was to edit the metadata.txt and then open RPGMaker Xp and compile the game, now it works, thanks.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    Oh! I think the PBS files were from an older version. I will try replacing them and see what happens.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I think it's an audio related problem. Have you erased the Audio.dll file? If not, try that and it might fix the problem. We went over it a while back in this thread, and I'll help you find it if that doesn't fix it.
    I don't have an audio.dll in my essentials folder.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    When playtesting from RMXP the game hangs and then crashes when I try to enter a map set as outdoor. But it works if I play it straight from game.exe. The only changes I made were a couple NPC events, which only display text. My backup copy of teh game works fine from in RMXP and game.exe Any reason why it is suddenly failing to play?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    1ninjadude1701 said:
    @1ninjadude1701: That error's been ignored for an awfully long time now. It was posted about 30 pages back and never got answered. I'll ask the same thing I asked above: when does it occur, and is there anything else about it that might help us figure it out?

I was using Curts region kit and when i tested it said stuff like, add type BUG_CATCHER. when i clicked no or yes it gave me that error.
    Ok, I think I understand now. There should be a bug catcher in the Viridian Forest map. Erasing it should fix the problem. I helped with fixing that kit before, and I still have my working version if that's not your problem.

@me2hack: thepsynergist came up with a solution a while back. It's on this page. Took a while to find it. The important part is about halfway down the page.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back