• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
  • This is a stupid question, but did you have any Pokémon in your party when you tried to battle them? If you don't, the battle is skipped without saying anything.

Hurr durr, that would've been the problem yes. I'm an idiot :) .

In that case, if tylerab01 insists that he's doing everything right (including having Pokémon in his party), then yeah, I really can't propose a solution. Maruno is right; it's working in every single unmodified version of Essentials I can find.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I REALLY NEED AN ANSWER!!!

TYVM
    No one's going to help you if you shout at them, not even if you abbreviate your thanks at the end.

Yeah...That didn't work. Can you give me the PBS code to make a Snag Ball type Pokeball?
    Code:
    4,POKeBALL,Poké Ball,3,200,A device for catching wild Pokémon. It is thrown like a ball at the target. It is designed as a capsule system.,0,2,[COLOR=Red]2[/COLOR],
    That red number is 2 if it's a Snag Ball. Check out the wiki for more about items.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • i am making a champion battle, but i want to do after it things like: Professor coming and saying that you are the champ, or other events, if you found help, REPLY MY COMMENT!

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Man i need to get the battle to work :(
    If none of our suggestions have worked, your only real option is to start with a fresh kit and put whatever you have now into it. There's no real reason it shouldn't work, and it's been verified that it works in each of the available kits.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
  • Just add more to the event after the battle.
    Yeah, but i am adding the:-
    Code:
    Battle: (what he says in the beginning)
    Type:CHAMP
    Name: (champion's name)
    EndSpeech: What he says in the end
    EndBattle: Ending of the battle
    I'm not adding Contidinal Branch

Man i need to get the battle to work :(

Add these
    Code:
    Comment:Battle: (what he/she says in battle)
    Comment:Type: (trainer type)
    Comment:Name: (trainer name)
    Comment:EndSpeech: (before he/she gives you money)
    Comment:EndBattle: (after battle)
    Before this you must go to editor, Edit Trainers, or Trainer Types, if Types: set up a new type, it says add a pic at Graphics/Battlers/trainerXXX.png
    XXX is the number it told you to write, if you want to edit the Music of Battle, go to edit BGM, and select the music you want. If Edit Trainers: Click NEW TRAINER BATTLE and select existing type, and if a new type click the other one and write it's name, Pokemon, Pokemon Level, etc.. it'll help

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2011
    Right...I changed the last number to 2 but the trainer still blocks it?

My PBS code looks like this:
    Code:
    1,MASTERBALL,Master Ball,3,0,The best Ball with the ultimate level  of performance. It will catch any wild Pokémon without fail.,0,2,2,
    2,ULTRABALL,Ultra Ball,3,1200,An ultra-performance Ball that provides a higher Pokémon catch rate than a Great Ball.,0,2,2,
    3,GREATBALL,Great Ball,3,600,"A good, high-performance Ball that  provides a higher Pokémon catch rate than a standard Poké Ball.",0,2,2,
    4,POKeBALL,Poké Ball,3,200,A device for catching wild Pokémon. It is  thrown like a ball at the target. It is designed as a capsule  system.,0,2,2,
    5,SAFARIBALL,Safari Ball,3,0,A special Poké Ball that is used only in  the Great Marsh. It is decorated in a camouflage pattern.,0,2,2,
    6,NETBALL,Net Ball,3,1000,A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Water- and Bug-type Pokémon.,0,2,2,
    7,DIVEBALL,Dive Ball,3,1000,A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live in the sea.,0,2,2,
    8,NESTBALL,Nest Ball,3,1000,A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on weaker Pokémon in the wild.,0,2,2,
    9,REPEATBALL,Repeat Ball,3,1000,A somewhat different Poké Ball that  works especially well on Pokémon species that were previously  caught.,0,2,2,
    10,TIMERBALL,Timer Ball,3,1000,A somewhat different Ball that becomes  progressively better the more turns there are in a battle.,0,2,2,
    11,LUXURYBALL,Luxury Ball,3,1000,A comfortable Poké Ball that makes a caught wild Pokémon quickly grow friendly.,0,2,2,
    12,PREMIERBALL,Premier Ball,3,200,A somewhat rare Poké Ball that has  been specially made to commemorate an event of some sort.,0,2,2,
    13,DUSKBALL,Dusk Ball,3,1000,A somewhat different Poké Ball that makes  it easier to catch wild Pokémon at night or in dark places like  caves.,0,2,2,
    14,HEALBALL,Heal Ball,3,300,A remedial Poké Ball that restores the caught Pokémon's HP and eliminates any status problem.,0,2,2,
    15,QUICKBALL,Quick Ball,3,1000,A somewhat different Poké Ball that  provides a better catch rate if it is used at the start of a wild  encounter.,0,2,2,
    16,CHERISHBALL,Cherish Ball,3,200,A quite rare Poké Ball that has been  specially crafted to commemorate an occasion of some sort.,0,2,2,

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yeah, but i am adding the:-
    Code:
    Battle: (what he says in the beginning)
    Type:CHAMP
    Name: (champion's name)
    EndSpeech: What he says in the end
    EndBattle: Ending of the battle
    I'm not adding Contidinal Branch
    Yes, but when the game compiles the event is filled in with the proper commands. There's a conditional branch in there, and your extra stuff goes into it.

When you add anything to a trainer event you made using comments, you should delete the comments. Otherwise the game will just recompile the standard trainer commands over your changes.

Right...I changed the last number to 2 but the trainer still blocks it?

My PBS code looks like this:
    Some prat gave you the wrong number. Make it 3 instead.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
  • Maruno! Help!!!!!
    See this:
    Code:
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: SyntaxError

(eval):1: Illegal octal digit
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::090_Champion,"Chris",_I("Wow,you defeated me, cool! Now, lets go in a place called: Hall of Fame"),false,0)
                                  ^
    (eval):1: trailing `_' in number
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::090_Champion,"Chris",_I("Wow,you defeated me, cool! Now, lets go in a place called: Hall of Fame"),false,0)
                                    ^
    (eval):1: syntax error
                                    ^

***Full script:

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'

Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm really sorry if someone has already asked this, but how do i get the trainer battle intro to play when the see you, and stop as soon as the battle starts?

Also where can i get the icon folder that is fixed?
    The seventh field in trainernames.txt
    Wiki said:
    Optional. The music effect (ME) that plays before the battle begins.
    If blank, the default ME is used.
    Note that, since MEs have a higher priority than BGMs, the ME will play until the end before allowing the BGM to start, even if the ME is so long it will continue playing during the battle. To get around this, leave this section blank and edit the trainer event to play a BGM of that same music, and then wait until it has finished before initialising the battle.
    I suggest that you checks the wiki when you are in doubt.
    If this is how you're using it, you'd be better off storing the item's number rather than its name. Use the following:

Code:
    $game_variables[31]=PBItems::POTION
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem(pbGet(31))
    Thank you. I can use PBItems.getName(item) to gets the name.
    Maruno! Help!!!!!
    See this:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Manga
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: SyntaxError

(eval):1: Illegal octal digit
                                  ^
    (eval):1: trailing `_' in number
                                    ^
    (eval):1: syntax error
                                    ^

***Full script:

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'

Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'
    I THINK that internal name can't start with a number
    command=1
        loop do
          (command==1 || command==-1) ? pbPCItemStorage : break
          command=Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Exit?"),[_INTL("YES"),_INTL("NO")],-1)
        end

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There some scripts and corretions that I made. Feel free to put all in the Essentials Wiki. Enjoy:

Choose trainer gender in in-game trades
    Spoiler:

How to make Gen IV incenses to work
    Spoiler:

Choose item like pbChoosePokemon
    Spoiler:

Battle background for Day/Night
    Spoiler:

Evolution Stone that activates trade evolution
    Spoiler:

Enable to don't lose money when lose a battle
    Spoiler:

Run in anyplace
    Spoiler:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I'm sorry for being rude earlier, but could someone please help me?
    Thanks

You know that's rather simple eventing, if you want music to play make it so that you use a command called play ME just before the text command then use stop ME to stop it after the text command.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    How would I go about making a new pokegear app that shows messages the game sends? A quest journal if you will.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Hi!
    I´m need help. I´m have a problem in my game.
    I´m put new effects in PokeBattle_MoveEffect, but the MoveEffect 117 cause ERROR...

Mapeo
    Exception: NameError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_117

In other number effect previous to 117 works.

Sorry for my english if don`t understand me.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi!
    I´m need help. I´m have a problem in my game.
    I´m put new effects in PokeBattle_MoveEffect, but the MoveEffect 117 cause ERROR...

In other number effect previous to 117 works.

Sorry for my english if don`t understand me.
    Are you using a version before 2010 May? These versions don't had a fix to unimplemented moves work.
    If you do, in "PokeBattle_Move", in the end change

Code:
    def PokeBattle_Move.pbFromPBMove(battle,move)
     move=PBMove.new(0) if !move
     movedata=PBMoveData.new(move.id)
     return eval(sprintf("PokeBattle_Move_%02X.new(battle,move)",
       movedata.function)) rescue PokeBattle_FailedMove.new(battle,move)
    end

To:

Code:
    def PokeBattle_Move.pbFromPBMove(battle,move)
     move=PBMove.new(0) if !move
     movedata=PBMoveData.new(move.id)
     className=sprintf("PokeBattle_Move_%02X",movedata.function)
     if Object.const_defined?(className)
      return Kernel.const_get(className).new(battle,move)
     else
      return PokeBattle_UnimplementedMove.new(battle,move)
     end
    end

And around line 34 in "PokeBattle_MoveEffects" put

Code:
    # Superclass for an unimplemented move. If it's a damaging move
    # it has no additional effect. If it's a nondamaging move, it always fails.
    class PokeBattle_UnimplementedMove < PokeBattle_Move
    def pbEffect(attacker,opponent)
     if @basedamage>0
      return super(attacker,opponent)
     else
      @battle.pbDisplay("But it failed!")
      return -1
     end
    end
    end
    Both codes are made by poccil.

Status