• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    Does anyone know how to change the name of the Pokedex & Pokegear so it appears different on the 'pause' menu in Pokemon Essentials?
    Thanks.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Spoiler:

I'm getting this error on every map set as Outdoor.
    I'm using the latest version of Essentials, can someone help me?
    Thank you in advance.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I'm trying to connect a map, but I can't find any of my other maps...
    Does anyone know what to do?

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    When on the Visual Editor, press your A key to add a map. Then click on one, hold, and drag it towards the other map. Use the S key to change maps (so say you want to have Town 1 and Route 1 connect, so you connect them, but also want Town 2 and Route 2 to connect, you just press S to switch to Town 2 and repeat the process).

Or is this another issue, where the other maps aren't appearing or something?

It is, indeed, the other issue. I don't see any other maps...

NEVER MIND, I FIXED IT.
    This is what I did:

-Choose the map you want to connect the new map to.
    -Save
    -Open editor / visual editor
    -Press A
    -Add new map

I guess I'm just kinda sleepy... XD

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, I can't seem to find the file, though. Does anyone know what the default name of it is?
    Search (ctrl + shift + F) for Graphics/Pictures/ball . I think that it's uses the order defined at start of PokeBattle_Battle script.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'm having some trouble with the apparently infinite z value of the window cursor (named uparrow/downarrow/etc). I'm running a scene, and calling another scene from it (temporary, to get specific information on a selected item). Problem is, when I call the second scene, the cursor arrows (not the selection cursor) remain on screen, above images with a z value of 99999 (although the cursor animation does freeze until exiting back to the first scene). Any ideas on how to hide the cursor while the second scene is open?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I'm having some trouble with the apparently infinite z value of the window cursor (named uparrow/downarrow/etc). I'm running a scene, and calling another scene from it (temporary, to get specific information on a selected item). Problem is, when I call the second scene, the cursor arrows (not the selection cursor) remain on screen, above images with a z value of 99999 (although the cursor animation does freeze until exiting back to the first scene). Any ideas on how to hide the cursor while the second scene is open?

You tryed the visible=false and then visible=true?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    You tryed the visible=false and then visible=true?
    Yeah, but I can only change the visibility of the command window. The red cursor is still visible. Also, @cmdwindow.cursor is invalid (the keyword cursor isn't recognized for that type of window). The command window was created with Window_CommandPokemonEx.newWithSize, if that's any help. It's not used much in the kit actually, so there's no good references for toying with the cursor in that window type. I can play with any other aspect of it though.

EDIT: I think I've narrowed it down to lag in refresh time. Setting the entire window's visibility to false gets rid of the cursor as it should, but calling the new scene immediately afterwards changes scenes before it has time to remove the cursor (it's apparently the last thing to go. everything else becomes invisible immediately as intended). Using wait commands doesn't help though, since it starts waiting before the cursor is erased. The easiest workaround is to call the main scene again after the second scene is closed, which works just fine (except for an extra flash), but I don't want to set up a global variable to store the index to return to where you were last at. It feels a bit sloppy. And also I'm sure I can find some other use for the disposing/manipulating of the cursor. I like figuring out how all of these little nuances work. Also, using a global variable to turn the cursor on/off in SpriteWindow won't work, as it's doesn't get updated to reflect the change.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I put a Unown Puzzle Script, but does not work. :/
    (Pokemon Essential January 2009 or before)

---------------------------
    Mapeo
    ---------------------------
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Section143:158:in `pbStartScene'uninitialized constant PuzzleScene::BitmapSprite
    ***Full script:

pbFadeOutIn(99999){
    scene=PuzzleScene.new
    screen=PuzzleScreen.new(scene)
    screen.pbStartScreen
    }

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Puzzle:181:in `pbStartScreen'

(eval):4:in `pbExecuteScript'

(eval):1:in `pbFadeOutIn'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Last edited:

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    How do u export a map from RMXP?

I mean the FULL map of the map itself.

Last edited:

Winneon

Years
    How do you set the priority so that my player's head is covered? My character is bigger than a "square" (tile) in RMXP.
    Example:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I didn't understand the wiki entry for this, so I'm going to ask here:
    Is there a way to set up alternate-forms for Pokemon? I can't figure it out.
    The wiki article on alternate forms is out of date, and doesn't apply in any way to the later releases.

My advice would be to look in the script section PokemonMultipleForms and see how other Pok?mon do it. So far you're only able to change forms in the same kinds of ways the official Pok?mon can (via location/switch/held item), and you can only set types/stats for each form (e.g. not movepools).

You'll also need to put sprites and icons in the right places.

How do u export a map from RMXP?

I mean the FULL map of the map itself.
    Each map is saved as a separate file in the /Data/ folder, called Map042.rxdata, etc. Just find the map you want.

How do you set the priority so that my player's head is covered? My character is bigger than a "square" (tile) in RMXP.
    Example:
    The top of the player's head effectively has priority 1.5 (i.e. it appears over priority 1 tiles). This actually gets a bit more fiddly while moving vertically - there's a bit of flickering, as the top of the head temporarily becomes priority 2.5 (thus is shown over a priority 2 tile).

Make your bridge tiles priority 3 or higher. Not 2, but 3.

On an aesthetic note, the player is more than a tile "tall", yet the bridge is only 1 tile above the ground. It looks too low. You might also want to put in a bridge shadow below it.

Winneon

Years
    Also, (a lot of requests. Sorry!) how do you make the screen tilt like in the Black and White games and Cool Sapphire?

The top of the player's head effectively has priority 1.5 (i.e. it appears over priority 1 tiles). This actually gets a bit more fiddly while moving vertically - there's a bit of flickering, as the top of the head temporarily becomes priority 2.5 (thus is shown over a priority 2 tile).

Make your bridge tiles priority 3 or higher. Not 2, but 3.

On an aesthetic note, the player is more than a tile "tall", yet the bridge is only 1 tile above the ground. It looks too low. You might also want to put in a bridge shadow below it.

Okay! But how do I put a bridge shadow under it? (If it is tiles, I don't have the bridge shadow tiles!)

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Also, (a lot of requests. Sorry!) how do you make the screen tilt like in the Black and White games and Cool Sapphire?
    You mean perspective mode? Look in the notes.

Okay! But how do I put a bridge shadow under it? (If it is tiles, I don't have the bridge shadow tiles!)
    You just use tiles. You can copy the bridge tiles and colour them in black/grey (whatever shade looks best) to get your shadows, and put the in the tileset. When you import the tileset, make that shadow colour semi-transparent. Then just tile it in. Nothing special.

Winneon

Years
    You mean perspective mode? Look in the notes.

You just use tiles. You can copy the bridge tiles and colour them in black/grey (whatever shade looks best) to get your shadows, and put the in the tileset. When you import the tileset, make that shadow colour semi-transparent. Then just tile it in. Nothing special.

Thanks u very much!:)

-JS7

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back