• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2008
    Hi.. i have a question. im gonna begin to use that kit to make a pokemon game , but in that kit is possible set the three start pokemon like in D/P where u select the pokemon into the bag ?! there are all the pokemons of D/P !? and is possible change the intro of the prof or i have to use the predefinite ? tnx

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    NastyA: To make the bag, you have to do some very creative event commands, or learn to script.
    All DP Pokémon are included, but there no DP moves, abilities or items - you have to make those yourself.
    To edit the intro, there is an invisible event in the top-left corner of MAP000 you can edit.

Phoenixprime: There's a line in the Main section of the scripts which has something like this in it (Pic_1,[Pic_2]). I can't remember it exactly. Basically, in the square brackets, add a comma followed by the filename of a picture in the Titles folder. That should work.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2008
    NastyA: To make the bag, you have to do some very creative event commands, or learn to script.
    All DP Pokémon are included, but there no DP moves, abilities or items - you have to make those yourself.
    To edit the intro, there is an invisible event in the top-left corner of MAP000 you can edit.

Phoenixprime: There's a line in the Main section of the scripts which has something like this in it (Pic_1,[Pic_2]). I can't remember it exactly. Basically, in the square brackets, add a comma followed by the filename of a picture in the Titles folder. That should work.
    get it . im a very good graphic designer but i know nothing about scripting and things like that... i have to find someone that could script for my project... wichu for your game ( i saw it and it's great ;D ) you have made the abilities of the new pokemon !?

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • Phoenixprime: There's a line in the Main section of the scripts which has something like this in it (Pic_1,[Pic_2]). I can't remember it exactly. Basically, in the square brackets, add a comma followed by the filename of a picture in the Titles folder. That should work.

Well could you show me a pic of the script or something so I know what to change and where it is cause I was looking for what you told me and it's all over the place and I don't want to mess with the script that much if I don't know what I'm doing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    NastyA: I have some of the abilities, but if you want them, forget it. MINE!!! >_> <_< *evil laugh*

Errm... Sorry about that. But you must know how I feel - it's one of the things which makes my game stand out above others.

Phoenixprime: I can't, as I don't have access to RMXP at this time. But Main is the bottommost script in the script editor.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2008
    NastyA: I have some of the abilities, but if you want them, forget it. MINE!!! >_> <_< *evil laugh*

Errm... Sorry about that. But you must know how I feel - it's one of the things which makes my game stand out above others.

Phoenixprime: I can't, as I don't have access to RMXP at this time. But Main is the bottommost script in the script editor.
    ahahah no problem man i can undestand , and how i said ,your game is cool cuz it's full of things news for that king of game made in rpgxp ! but don't worry , i have a lot of new ideas to my game hehe one day maybe we can make something together ;) !

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • When I run my game in RGSS2, after a certain amount of time the game crashes and the "Send Error Report" thingy pops up. Why is this happening?!
    The reason I like playing the game in RGSS2 is the male female signs. They look HORRIBLE in RGSS1! SO please help me sort out the error!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Well, I still wanna know how to set the protagonist's money. For instance, when the protagonist goes into the Museum or a Park, the money needs to be automatically reduced. Please help...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Use a conditional branch and a script.

Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.money>=500
    Script: $Trainer.money-=500
    Else
    Text: You don't have enough money...
    End

Basically, it checks whether the trainer's money is greater than or equal to 500, and if it is, takes 500 away.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2008
    i have tried yesterday and now my rpgxp works and essentials works also if i change the oak's speech..but i have a question..i wanna change the map but if i change the streets and citys its gonna coincide with the journey that i do in the game !?!?!?

Last edited:

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • I've been having a problem with my region map of johto. The game starts off in my custom region and when you go to a map in the pokecenter there or check the pokegear, the map shows that new region but the map of johto, once your in johto only shows up when your outside one of the towns or cities. If your in a house, building, or route it will show the other region instead of Johto even though you techincally still in Johto.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Use a conditional branch and a script.

Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.money>=500
    Script: $Trainer.money-=500
    Else
    Text: You don't have enough money...
    End

Basically, it checks whether the trainer's money is greater than or equal to 500, and if it is, takes 500 away.

Thank you for your kind answer.

I recently encountered another issue with POKEMON GYM Leader. After I defeated the GYM Leader, there appears an error:
    Code:
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 2, map 53 (PEWTER CITY GYM): 
    (eval:1:in `pbExecuteScript`uninitialized constant interpreter:Badges
    Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript
    Section019:1614:in `eval
    Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript
    Section019:1614:in `command_355
    Section019:466:in `execute_command
    Section019:190:in `update
    Section019:104:in `loop
    Section019:195:in `update
    Section021:98:in `update
    Section021:96:in `loop

Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript
    Interpreter:1614:in `command_355
    Interpreter:466:in `execute_command
    Interpreter:190:in `update
    Interpreter:104:in `loop
    Interpreter:195:in `update
    Scene_Map:98:in `update
    Scene_Map:96:in `loop
    Scene_Map:109:in `update
    Scene_Map:65:in `main

I don't what's going on and hope you could tell me how to solve it. Besides, can you tell me whether it's possible to have more than 8 badges defined in the game. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You need to use $Trainer.badges[0]=true, with the exact capitalization.

EDIT: Phoenixprime: Have you set the map location in the Metadata for every single Johto map?

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • Is this possible yet? With the phone can you make non-trainer phone numbers like "MOM" and "PROF. ELM" in GSC? If it is not possible maybe this is the next thing to update in the kit ;P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back