• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Here's my rival event.When yo uchoose a starter pokemon, a variable is set (as shown in the screenshot). However, this event does not work, why?

What I would do is make 3 switches, one for each of the possible starter pokemon you can choose and than take your rival event and make 3 pages one with each possible choice of pokemon he starts with. So it would be like if you choose charmander it would trigger a switch called choice 1, so when you meet your rival one of the pages will be trigger by choice 1 and the other pages would be ignored because no switch turned them on. If im not explaining this well feel free to send me a PM and I can explain more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    if your making more than one region in your game how do you set it to where after getting 8 badges in the first region the trainer card resets and shows the new badges?
    Could someone answer this question for me I really need to know because its important!^^^^^^

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Thanks for answering PoKeMakeR, also i have another question, is there anyway to make a pokeball only catch one pokemon species (a specific ball)?

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Thanks for answering PoKeMakeR, also i have another question, is there anyway to make a pokeball only catch one pokemon species (a specific ball)?

thats easy, just insert this some part in the pokeball area in the PokeBattle_Battle script:
    Code:
    when PBItems::[SpecficBall]
             if @species==PBSpecies::[SpecficSpecies]
               rareness*=1 #or higher rate
             else
               rareness*=0
          end

just remember to change the specfic areas :P

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • I think this has been asked before, but i searched the thread and didn't find it, any my question is when you have a wild pokemon battle(or any battle for that matter) , how do i get the pokeball to appear next to the pokemon names of the ones you have caught..? thanks if anyone can help.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Umm, up until this point, I've used the premade tiles, but I just started to make some buildings, and so how do you import tiles?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Just edit the tilesets in the Graphics/Tilesets folder, then set passability etc in the RMXP database.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Umm, up until this point, I've used the premade tiles, but I just started to make some buildings, and so how do you import tiles?

Export the tileset you are using, open it with paint, add your buildings (WARNING: you have to put it in correctly or it will looks weird in game) then import it back =]

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Try learning the basics of RMXP first, the database is the simplest system in it. To change the heros overworld just open the editor and then set metadata.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    if your making more than one region in your game how do you set it to where after getting 8 badges in the first region the trainer card resets and shows the new badges?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Can someone please answer this question?^^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Why doesnt the 'add blending' feature on battle animations work in the Battle System?

It works on the overworld map, but its disabled during the battle system.

Result: Animation is shown on a black background OVER the battle system.

Help\??
    My battle animations look hideous atm, please help!

(The battle animations are automatically SET to Normal (Add Blending removed))

How do I turn 'add bledning' on in the battle system!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back