• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
  • Haven't been here for a long time and this starterkit still looks perfect. Btw, do we have to upgrade the version manually as it was months ago? Is there any easier way for upgrading? I'm just unable to do that by myself...

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
  • I am planning to revamp most of the interface elements into DP style for my project, but I'll probably release it for others sometime down the track. In the meantime however, I do need some help in finding out where to reposition these elements. I can do it fine, I just need to find it all inside the mass of code.
    I have a script for that but I used Platinum HP-boxes instead. It's still currently a revised version of the Platinum battle system for Flame of Destiny (its my game, url in sig). I may share it if the question below is answered to complete it.

Now for my question:
    How to change the battle transition (not the field-to-black, but the black-to-battle before the game says "PKMN Trainer would like to battle")?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Now for my question:
    How to change the battle transition (not the field-to-black, but the black-to-battle before the game says "PKMN Trainer would like to battle")?

It's not an ordinary transition; rather, it's done through scripts. Find these lines in PokeBattle_ActualScene (around line 1609):
    Code:
      if @viewport.rect.y>Graphics.height/4
       @viewport.rect.y-=2
       @viewport.rect.height+=4
      elsif @viewport.rect.y>0
       @viewport.rect.y-=4
       @viewport.rect.height+=8
      end
      for i in @sprites
       i[1][email protected]
       i[1][email protected]
      end
    These make the viewport's height increase until it touches the top, while moving it up to keep it in the centre of the screen. You'll probably want to change these.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • LokiFerne and I have recently begun to upload the D/P moves into the Pokemon Essentials kit. We plan on releasing it to the members of this forum when the project is complete. As of right now, LokiFerne is the scriptor and I am doing the more monotonous work, of which there is a ton of. If anyone would like to help, feel free to PM me saying so. While the work I can provide is monotonous, it is simple and straightforward. Anyone who helps will get credit when we post the final project. If you are an experienced scriptor and are reading this and have an interest in helping, I'd prefer it if you PMed LokiFerne directly, simply because going through me isn't necessary and I'm not highly involved in the scripting aspect.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and remember that the more people can help, the faster the project will be completed! Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I could provide the Moves.txt file, and might also share my scripts. Not sure on the scripts part yet, though...

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • Exception: NoMethodError
    RandomMap:63
    RandomMap:58:in `call'
    EventScene:580:in `trigger'
    EventScene:579:in `each'
    EventScene:579:in `trigger'
    Game_Map*:53:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:667:in `setup'
    PokemonLoad:346:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PokemonLoad:319:in `open'
    PokemonLoad:319:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    can someone help me with this

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    How would I go about changing the textbox colour to pure black, no white outline?
    Also, the same thing, but with the "fight message box" in battle.

Thanks.

Couldn't you just edit the textbox graphic? Or am I missing something here?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Does anyone know How to edit the background of the pokemon evolving screen? The background behind the evolving pokemon?

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • Is there a way to change the player's default name? For example, in Pokemon Fire Red, the player name is defaulted to Red if the player doesn't type in anything at the name screen. In the Essentials kit, the player has several different default names. Where are these names located and how could I change them? Thanks in advance!

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • Exception: NoMethodError
    RandomMap:63
    RandomMap:58:in `call'
    EventScene:580:in `trigger'
    EventScene:579:in `each'
    EventScene:579:in `trigger'
    Game_Map*:53:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:667:in `setup'
    PokemonLoad:346:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PokemonLoad:319:in `open'
    PokemonLoad:319:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    can someone help me with this
    ummm........yeah
    can someone really help me with this

Hikari Swordsman

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Hello.

I'd like to ask, how could I only put for examkple, an event, and the event's graphic ( the character graphic) it's just a... let's say... a legendary pokemon, and when you touch it, a message saying "ROAAR" and then you battle the Pokemon.

How could I do that?
    Thank you.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • well i've got an error i can't figure out do to there shouldnt be trback000 in panamas folder

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Panoramas/trback000

BitmapCache:365:in `load_bitmap'

BitmapCache:414:in `panorama'

SpriteWindow:2752:in `setPanorama'

Spriteset_Map:191:in `_animationSprite_update'

AnimationSprite:92:in `update'

Spriteset_Map:44:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

AnimationSprite:55:in `shadow_initialize'

Shadow:207:in `initialize'

Scene_Map:26:in `new'

Scene_Map:26:in `createSpritesets'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    this is just started once i got to my new map. map 54 or 55.

I just added the image to the panama's it works just fine now.

Last edited:

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
  • It's not an ordinary transition; rather, it's done through scripts. Find these lines in PokeBattle_ActualScene (around line 1609):
    Code:
      if @viewport.rect.y>Graphics.height/4
       @viewport.rect.y-=2
       @viewport.rect.height+=4
      elsif @viewport.rect.y>0
       @viewport.rect.y-=4
       @viewport.rect.height+=8
      end
      for i in @sprites
       i[1][email protected]
       i[1][email protected]
      end
    These make the viewport's height increase until it touches the top, while moving it up to keep it in the centre of the screen. You'll probably want to change these.
    The transition that I mean is like in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkC_Z91qmDY

LokiFerne and I have recently begun to upload the D/P moves into the Pokemon Essentials kit. We plan on releasing it to the members of this forum when the project is complete. As of right now, LokiFerne is the scriptor and I am doing the more monotonous work, of which there is a ton of. If anyone would like to help, feel free to PM me saying so. While the work I can provide is monotonous, it is simple and straightforward. Anyone who helps will get credit when we post the final project. If you are an experienced scriptor and are reading this and have an interest in helping, I'd prefer it if you PMed LokiFerne directly, simply because going through me isn't necessary and I'm not highly involved in the scripting aspect.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and remember that the more people can help, the faster the project will be completed! Thanks!
    Is Close Combat already uploaded?

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    when using this how do I get the background color off of the trainer picture, cause it appears behind the trainer on the card and in the intro where it asks you if your a boy or girl, anyway how do I get it to just display the character not the background

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
    Years
  • Is Close Combat already uploaded?

Sorry, but LokiFerne and I are still working on the D/P moves and we will not be releasing the project in segments or individual moves but rather as a complete set in the future.

when using this how do I get the background color off of the trainer picture, cause it appears behind the trainer on the card and in the intro where it asks you if your a boy or girl, anyway how do I get it to just display the character not the background

If you've edited the character graphic in, say, paint or another similar program that doesn't allow editing of the background, you'll need to use another program that will let you edit the background. Photoshop and Paint.Net can both do that, and Paint.net is free (just google it and go to their site for the download). Then, open up the character's graphic in either program and erase the background with the eraser tool. Afterward, save the image and the graphic should be good.

Hope that helped!

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    i tried that, it didn't work, it messed up my image, and i erased the character by mistake

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back