• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I can't get it to work right, could someone fix these for me

Male:

Female:

will someone please help me, I know I'm being impatence but this thing about the trainer image background thing is getting on my nerves

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    Any news on online trading yet? My brother and I did a test on the servers, got as far as getting the server to load through hamachi, were able to connect, register, and see eachother, but once we tried connecting, one (if not both) of us locked up. We both have .net framework, and no firewalls up. Now, I'm guessing that the issue isn't the server itself, as we can see it, and eachother. Have there been any developments or troubleshooting tips to fix any sort of connection issue like this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Any news on online trading yet? My brother and I did a test on the servers, got as far as getting the server to load through hamachi, were able to connect, register, and see eachother, but once we tried connecting, one (if not both) of us locked up. We both have .net framework, and no firewalls up. Now, I'm guessing that the issue isn't the server itself, as we can see it, and eachother. Have there been any developments or troubleshooting tips to fix any sort of connection issue like this?

I've tried using the server, and I think it is a problem with the server. A single player can connect just fine; however, a second player logging on crashes both games.
    Also, if you close the game window without logging off, it will think you're still logged on and won't let you connect again.
    It's a shame, because I was hoping to test my online battling script :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    I'd like to believe that if some work was done with it, both trading and battling could be done, and could create a pretty damn good experience for anyone using this kit. I've been tearing this thing apart and finding every little detail I can use to make my game better, and I guess online trading was one I really hoped to get working, considering that all the pokemon in my game are custom and I have a decent fan-base for my work.

I'm curious though...has it ever worked? I went through and read the release information and saw that he added info on how to set the server up, so I'm guessing that at some point it did, in fact, work...but I'm not seeing anything very promising. Someone else had mentioned in this long as hell thread that there may be another way, so I'll test that later, but at the least I'd like to see some more work on the online portion, as trading and battling online would be a huge leap above any and everything else in my mind.

As well, I agree, server commands (maybe a GUI) would be great for the server, so we can kick users if need be. Had to keep restarting the server left and right due to the same issue you had, with it locking up but not removing me for being timed out. I may look into it's coding and have it drop anyone that doesn't respond within a certain amount of time, but I'd rather have an ability to just kick someone.

Still, amazing work. Much easier (and more efficient) than cracking a rom, especially when using custom pokemon. A great bit of work here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    how do i change the color for the night and day tints? (i think that's how to call it)

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • @Shaggy: Yes, he gave you the right transition. It's rather simply hard-coded in, but that *is* the transition in Essentials, more or less.

@PokemonOI: I'm on my iPhone at the moment so I can't check, but off the top of my head it's in PokemonLoad. It checks for a picture named loadbg.png and if I can't find one, it just fills the screen with color (this is done by default). To change the background, just create your own image and save it as loadbg.png in the Pictures folder.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    This is RPG Maker XP 101...you should do some research on RMXP's system before diving in and creating a game full out.

To rename a map, right click the map and go into Map Properties. You can change it there. As for the region map, I'm not 100% sure I get what you're asking, but you can move the maps around by clicking and dragging them for where you want them to go. I think that's what you're asking.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I want to know if it is possible to check if a pokemon is in your party and if the answer is yes removes that pokemon from the party.

You can also tell me instead how to open the pokemon screen and select a pokemon.

Atomic Reactor

I looked through the notes, but i couldnt find something...
    How do you specify what battle background appears?
    Like can you do it before a battle? like a script command or something?

Den

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    I'm getting this error when the player recieves Pokemon.

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'
    Scene_Map:100:in `update'
    Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Section119:145:in `pbBoxesFull?'undefined method `party' for nil:NilClass