• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
  • Can help my someone please???

Wichu answered your question a while back.

quote From WICHU:

marfil92: In PokeBattle_ActualScene, find and edit these lines:

Code:
    MESSAGEBASECOLOR=Color.new(248,248,248)
    MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(104,88,112)
    MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
    MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
    BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
    BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)
    The first two are for the message box, the next two are for the selection boxes (such as when you choose a move), and the last two are for the text in the Pokémon info boxes.

Side note: Those numbers stand for values of the three main colors (Red, Green, Blue)

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks a lot it finally worked but when I come back in the other 2 Pokeballs r still there and you can still take those ones. Also when I choose my Pokemon it waits a bit and then when I move there r 2 pokeballs next to the trainer. When I change map it goes away. Hoiw can I fix these issues ?

The thing about when the player blacks out still doesn't work. I went to the visual editor and I set the healing center to in front of the players house but it still brings the player to a black screen. I don't understand how to make that work.

I appreciate all your help.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'll find it for you tomorrow; I haven't got access to the scripts right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    I have a few problems with pokemon essentials that I can't figure out.

1-

I made the 3 starters. When you choose one the other 2 pokeballs follow you until you change map. WHen you change map and go back into the lab you are still able to pick the other 2 pokeballs. How can I change that and not make the pokeballs follow you ?

WICHU what you said worked but the other 2 pokeballs are still there.

2-

I added 2 more characters you can play with. It now says BOY,GIRL,OLD MAN,OLD LADY.I used the editor and fixed the sprite. This is the script :

@>Show Choices: BOY,GIRL,OLD MAN,OLD LADY

: When [BOY]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (0)
    @>
    : When [GIRL]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (1)
    @>
    : When [OLD MAN]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (37)
    @>
    : When [OLD LADY]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (38)
    @>
    : Branch End
    @>Script: pbShowPicture(2,pbGetPlayerGraphic,1,230,160)

What I didn't change what the
    but I'm not sure if its because of that.

I don't know if anyone can help me with this but I would really appreciate it.

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I have got a problem with my Water AutoTile. The problem is that I can walk over It. (sorry my english isn't very good) By the Editor you can't give autotiles a number or something. And I have done that you cannot walk on it. but that does not work :( Maybe you guys can help me with my problem

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    WICHU what you said worked but the other 2 pokeballs are still there.

2-

I added 2 more characters you can play with. It now says BOY,GIRL,OLD MAN,OLD LADY.I used the editor and fixed the sprite. This is the script :

@>Show Choices: BOY,GIRL,OLD MAN,OLD LADY

: When [BOY]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (0)
    @>
    : When [GIRL]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (1)
    @>
    : When [OLD MAN]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (37)
    @>
    : When [OLD LADY]
    @>Script: pbChangePlayer (38)
    @>
    : Branch End

What I didn't change what the
    but I'm not sure if its because of that.

I don't know if anyone can help me with this but I would really appreciate it.
    For the first one, after picking your starter, turn a switch on (the same one for all three starters). Then, for all three events, add a new page before the blank page, but after the first page. Change its graphic, and make its condition the switch you turned on. Then, you can just add the text to display if you've already picked a Pokémon.
    For the second, I'm not really sure what problem you've got. However, I'm pretty sure the pbChangePlayer script uses the numbers defined in the editor, not the trainer types. Use pbChangePlayer(3) and pbChangePlayer(4) for the older players.

Another question, how would one go about of showing the current time. What script command would do that?
    Use Time.now to get the current time, and Time.strftime to convert it to a string. For example:
    Code:
    time=Time.now
    timestr=time.strftime("%I:%M %p")
    $game_variables[1]=timestr
    Then, you can use the Show Text command as such:
    Code:
    Show Text: The current time is \v[1].
    The strftime formatting can be found in RMXP's help file; just search strftime.

I have got a problem with my Water AutoTile. The problem is that I can walk over It. (sorry my english isn't very good) By the Editor you can't give autotiles a number or something. And I have done that you cannot walk on it. but that does not work :( Maybe you guys can help me with my problem

Use RMXP's database (press F9) to change tile passability and give autotiles terrain tags.

PokeBud

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Use RMXP's database (press F9) to change tile passability and give autotiles terrain tags.

That doesn't work :( I have every thing the same as the normal tilset (the one called Outside) But I doesn't work

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    That doesn't work :( I have every thing the same as the normal tilset (the one called Outside) But I doesn't work
    Check that you're only using the top-left autotile to erase; using other blank tiles messes up passability.
    Ooh, cool. By the way, how would you go about on inserting a window to show the time? I've been trying to analyze PokemonMenu and it's being a pain. haha.
    You need a new class for the time window:
    Spoiler:
    Just put that at the top of PokemonMenu. You can edit the strftime string to what you want. Then, edit the pbShowCommands and pbStartScene methods to create and update the window; pbStartScene should create, then hide it, while pbShowCommands should make it visible and update it.

Anyway, I've created a modified version of PokeBattle_ActualScene which allows the repositioning of the player and enemy sprites. If anyone's interested, replace your PokeBattle_ActualScene script with this, and edit the constants between lines 1079 and 1095.

EDIT: Anyway, as I said earlier, I created a script to make creating a regional dex easier. Here it is:
    Spoiler:
    To use it, you need a text file with the names of the Pokémon in the regional dex, in order. For example, it could start like this:
    Spoiler:

Then, put it in the game's main folder, and call addRegionalEntries(num,file) in a script. Num is the number of the regional dex you want to add to (zero-based; i.e. the first regional dex would be 0), and file is the text file with the Pokémon names (in upper case). The script will add them to the Pokemon.txt file, saving you loads of time. Make sure you back up your Pokemon.txt file beforehand, as although I've tested it and it works properly, you never know what might go wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    So that when you catch any Pokémon you can NOT give ANY pokemon a nickname

Okay, in PokeBattle_Battle, find and delete these lines:
    Code:
           if pbDisplayConfirm(_INTL("Would you like to give a nickname to {1}?",pokemon.name))
            species=PBSpecies.getName(pokemon.species)
            [email protected](_INTL("{1}'s nickname?",species))
            pokemon.name=nickname if nickname!=""
           end
    That should do it. If you want it to be impossible to nickname obtained Pokémon, find and delete these lines in PokemonUtilities:
    Code:
      if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to give a nickname to {1}?",speciesname))
       helptext=_INTL("{1}'s nickname?",speciesname)
       newname=pbEnterText(helptext,0,10)
       pokemon.name=newname if newname!=""
      end

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
    Years
  • Okay, in PokeBattle_Battle, find and delete these lines:
    Code:
           if pbDisplayConfirm(_INTL("Would you like to give a nickname to {1}?",pokemon.name))
            species=PBSpecies.getName(pokemon.species)
            [email protected](_INTL("{1}'s nickname?",species))
            pokemon.name=nickname if nickname!=""
           end
    That should do it. If you want it to be impossible to nickname obtained Pokémon, find and delete these lines in PokemonUtilities:
    Code:
      if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to give a nickname to {1}?",speciesname))
       helptext=_INTL("{1}'s nickname?",speciesname)
       newname=pbEnterText(helptext,0,10)
       pokemon.name=newname if newname!=""
      end

Thank you Wichu It worked.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Alright, I've been practicing with RPG Maker XP, and am just using the FR/LG style temporarily. So, I would like to know a few things; I will be replicating the FR/LG system, so it should be almost exactly the same as if it were to be a ROM. So, there's two things I would like to know.

1. I noticed that in FireRed and LeafGreen, there is a certain character for "...", instead of there just being three "."s. If it is in the FR/LG font, which character is it? And, if it is not in the FR/LG font, how would I go about adding it?

2. I also noticed that in FireRed and LeafGreen, when male characters speak, their text is blue, and when female characters speak, their text is red. How would I change the color of text in the game?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    2. I also noticed that in FireRed and LeafGreen, when male characters speak, their text is blue, and when female characters speak, their text is red. How would I change the color of text in the game?
    I think you can just use \r and \b in a text event command to make it red or blue. I'm not sure on the other one, though; try using Character Map (Start → All Programs → Accessories → System Tools).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back