• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
    Hey I was wonderering if it was possible to make secret bases. I can do them with events but it is hard to make the furniture move around. In case no one knows what secret bases are they are hid outs were the character can create there own little room. If anyone has a script or event system for this please tell me...

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    Again...

It's me again... i don't like the GBA resolution so, is there any way to change the screen resolution to be like de DS's?
    I've been checking on the scripts but i haven't found anything.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    It's me again... i don't like the GBA resolution so, is there any way to change the screen resolution to be like de DS's?
    Yes its possible, its been done. I took a crack at it. But the problem was I couldn't find a way to move where the map displayed :/

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    How do I make a folder ready to play? I mean without given the Graphics folder etc.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I still need some help. Please help

Any changes to the battle script should be handled in PokeBattle_ActualScene. I don't know where to edit the text, but if you enabled the use of the command box, you can just change the position (the x and y values) or extend it or just make it transparent and the text inside should change according to the position of the text box (I don't think the text can go outside of the box).

Years
    Thanks. I found where it is but... now when I click on Pokemon in brings up the bag. And Bag brings Pokemon menu.:cer_eek:

Also iv been searching for an hour now... how do u change(hard to explain[for me]) When my arrow is on fight how can i change where the arrow goes when i push "right arrow" "left arrow" etc. Please help. Sorry if im getting annoying.:paranoid:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I have a really important question. I need to know how I can show a Pokemon's IV's and EV's ingame. I know you can check them when your debugging, but I want to create an event that lets me check. If anyone can help me out with this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Years
    Thanks. I found where it is but... now when I click on Pokemon in brings up the bag. And Bag brings Pokemon menu.:cer_eek:

Also iv been searching for an hour now... how do u change(hard to explain[for me]) When my arrow is on fight how can i change where the arrow goes when i push "right arrow" "left arrow" etc. Please help. Sorry if im getting annoying.:paranoid:

I figured out the first thing, but i really really need the second one.

@thepsynergist

I looked around in the script and notes.html and couldn't find any thing that would allow you to show the IV's and EV's in game. I don't think it was designed to do so. I may be wrong I'll look around a bit more for you.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Quick question its nothing big and if I had the time I would browse the scripts but Im a little caught up at the moment with my game. The screenshots save to the main folder, How would I edit that so that they are saved to a folder titled Screenshots?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    This question was asked very recently. I'll be nice and answer it once again.

SpriteResizer, lines 12 and 13. Go.

Yes its possible, its been done. I took a crack at it. But the problem was I couldn't find a way to move where the map displayed :/
    I fixed that. You want to look at PokemonRegionMap.

Lines 56-59 decide how many blocks the map is, in size. One block is the size of a small town. You shouldn't need to change these numbers (aside from bottom - make it 18 so the bottom two rows of the map can be used).

Then you want to set where on the screen the map is displayed (now that you know what size it is). So go to lines 92 and 93, and add however many pixels you want to those two lines to shift the map around. Then go to lines 195 and 196 and make the same changes.

All that changes where the cursor goes and can go. As for the map itself, crack open Paint and move the map around to where you want it to go.

I have a really important question. I need to know how I can show a Pokemon's IV's and EV's ingame. I know you can check them when your debugging, but I want to create an event that lets me check. If anyone can help me out with this, it will be greatly appreciated.
    The EVs and IVs are stored as separate values of each pokémon. Use something like the following:

Code:
    $game_variables[2]=$Trainer.party[$game_variables[1]].iv[2]
    This particular line finds the first pokémon in your party (the "$game_variables[1]" bit, finds its IV stored in array block 2 (see below) and stores it to game variable 2. Then all you need to do is say "\v[2]" is your pokémon's DEF IV".

To change which pokémon to look at, change the "[1]". To change between looking at EVs and IVs, change "iv" to "ev". To change which ev/iv to find, change the "[2]" according to this table:

0=HP
    1=Attack
    2=Defense
    3=Speed
    4=Special Attack
    5=Special Defense

Please note that this is just the basic idea. I may have randomly actually gotten the correct code you need, but that wasn't intentional. I have no experience with this so far, so I'm just taking an informed guess here.

This answer was derived from the Essentials Advanced Topics notes (under PokeBattle_Pokemon) and one of the example computers in the Essentials pre-included "game" (top row, second from left - it reveals how to find out which pokémon is first in your party).

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    How do I make a folder ready to play? I mean without giving the Graphics folder etc.

Fraot

Years
    @Maruno
    Thanx man! I'll look for that script.

Update: Wow, i'm stupid or what? I didn't notice that script, i was looking on "Resolution", actually i changed the tiles' size but that wasn't what i wanted.

Again: Thanx Maruno!!!

EDIT: I changed the resolution but now it's all messed. fortunately, I did changed the Enemy and Player Box(the ones showing the HP) they look good, but... I changed the enemy base position but the pokemon enemy sprite only changes along X axys... not Y, why?.

Sorry for the double post but i have this problem, i wanted to show you pictures but seems that i can't directly upload pics... i'll put the links.

Now i feel great with the resolution but the battle screen looks like this:
    https://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/Diegomio/battle0.png

But i want it to looke like this:
    https://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/Diegomio/battle.png

Also, on the pokemon battle screen, the enemy sprite is not positioned where it must be, i want it to looks like this:
    https://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/Diegomio/Ea.png
    Actually i changed the position but when i change the Y one, the sprite still remains on its original one.

I'm so sorry if this bothers you but you're the one who knows about this... i'm still a n00b.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I fixed that. You want to look at PokemonRegionMap.

Lines 56-59 decide how many blocks the map is, in size. One block is the size of a small town. You shouldn't need to change these numbers (aside from bottom - make it 18 so the bottom two rows of the map can be used).

Then you want to set where on the screen the map is displayed (now that you know what size it is). So go to lines 92 and 93, and add however many pixels you want to those two lines to shift the map around. Then go to lines 195 and 196 and make the same changes.

All that changes where the cursor goes and can go. As for the map itself, crack open Paint and move the map around to where you want it to go.
    Na, thats easy to do. I meant the physical map you see (rmxp terms :p). The area where you walk about in. Or am I just missing an easy step?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    How do I make a folder ready to play? I mean without given the Graphics folder etc.
    Go to File->Compress Game Data, then select Create Encrypted Archive.
    Na, thats easy to do. I meant the physical map you see (rmxp terms :p). The area where you walk about in. Or am I just missing an easy step?
    As far as I know, it adjusts automatically. I didn't have to change anything to make the map centre on the player after changing the resolution.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    can anyone help me with making a calendar system for my game? please reply via pm, thank you :)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    @Maruno
    Thanx man! I'll look for that script.

Update: Wow, i'm stupid or what? I didn't notice that script, i was looking on "Resolution", actually i changed the tiles' size but that wasn't what i wanted.

Again: Thanx Maruno!!!

EDIT: I changed the resolution but now it's all messed. fortunately, I did changed the Enemy and Player Box(the ones showing the HP) they look good, but... I changed the enemy base position but the pokemon enemy sprite only changes along X axys... not Y, why?.

Sorry for the double post but i have this problem, i wanted to show you pictures but seems that i can't directly upload pics... i'll put the links.

Now i feel great with the resolution but the battle screen looks like this:
    https://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/Diegomio/battle0.png

But i want it to looke like this:
    https://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/Diegomio/battle.png

Also, on the pokemon battle screen, the enemy sprite is not positioned where it must be, i want it to looks like this:
    https://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff329/Diegomio/Ea.png
    Actually i changed the position but when i change the Y one, the sprite still remains on its original one.

I'm so sorry if this bothers you but you're the one who knows about this... i'm still a n00b.
    This is what I want to do in my game, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Therefore I doubt I'll be of any specific help here.

PokeBattle_ActualScene is where the battle window is described. From my very brief poking about I find the section around line 500, which (apparently) describes where the databoxes go (that thing with the health bar in). It also includes coordinates, that may do something when changed.

Line 577 onwards describes how the bits of the databox show up, and where. But that's not important at the moment. It's good to know, though.

Line 695 onwards is where the Poké Balls are described, for throwing purposes. They'll need to be changed (somehow - there are coordinates mentioned but Sod's Law says it won't be that easy). There also seems to be several things relating to this from line 793 - for instance, I notice a "pictureBall.moveCurve", but I don't know what the numbers mean. They're probably relevant, though. Line 1764 also probably has something to do with Ball throwing.

The lines around 896 look quite interesting. They probably say where the pokémon sprites go.

The first half of the def starting at line 1468 also appears to be relevant. That is, it features numbers that are probably coordinates but aren't simply changes to existing numbers.

Other than that, find references to "playerbase" and "enemybase" to move the ground patches around.

That's about as much help as I can be at the moment. Have a play around, see what happens. And if possible, write down how to do things and put it up as a tutorial - it's only polite, and very helpful.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Could someone PLEASE ! help me with the fishing sprites ? I can't get them to work :(

Fraot

Years
    This is what I want to do in my game, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Therefore I doubt I'll be of any specific help here.

PokeBattle_ActualScene is where the battle window is described. From my very brief poking about I find the section around line 500, which (apparently) describes where the databoxes go (that thing with the health bar in). It also includes coordinates, that may do something when changed.

Line 577 onwards describes how the bits of the databox show up, and where. But that's not important at the moment. It's good to know, though.

Line 695 onwards is where the Poké Balls are described, for throwing purposes. They'll need to be changed (somehow - there are coordinates mentioned but Sod's Law says it won't be that easy). There also seems to be several things relating to this from line 793 - for instance, I notice a "pictureBall.moveCurve", but I don't know what the numbers mean. They're probably relevant, though. Line 1764 also probably has something to do with Ball throwing.

The lines around 896 look quite interesting. They probably say where the pokémon sprites go.

The first half of the def starting at line 1468 also appears to be relevant. That is, it features numbers that are probably coordinates but aren't simply changes to existing numbers.

Other than that, find references to "playerbase" and "enemybase" to move the ground patches around.

That's about as much help as I can be at the moment. Have a play around, see what happens. And if possible, write down how to do things and put it up as a tutorial - it's only polite, and very helpful.

Yep, i agree, indeed i did changed some lines, i'm kinda blind because i'm doing thigs just by... instinct?, whatever... the enemy base can be reposiotioned on both axys, but the pokemon/trainer(enemies) sprites can be only modified along X axys and that drives me crazy!

I'm looking for lines with this arguments: "X=--- Y=---", within PokeBattle_ActualScene...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back