• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Looks like it got pushed back to the previous page again.
    Here is my previous post again.

Are you sure it isn't a problem in your music file? Have you made sure that the music can be played by RMXP? Otherwise it all should work. Have you messed with any battle scene scripts? Is there any interfering event there?
    Other than that, I can't thing of what could go wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    How do I have the game check the player for an item in the bag, so the event can continue?

It is in the notes but not explained fully. Here is a quick example:
    Code:
    Condition Branch: Script: $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::POTION)>0
     - enter code if potion is in the bag
    Else
     - enter code if potion is not in the bag
    Branch End

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    I can't get it to work on RPG Maker XP; it says the tilesets are too big. I tried opening the tilesets on Photoshop, but I get an error when opening the Kanto Outside tileset. What's going on?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Guys how can i make it so if it's an encounter on Land the battle scene will have a type of background and the thingy under Pokemons will be a certain type too, if it's a cave encounter it will be different, and if it's goodrod one, it will be different too, but if it's a trainer battle it will be another one ?

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    I don't recall if Ive asked this already or not and I can't find it (may have been in help thread) Anyway. I am trying to figure out where I need to go to change the name of the Pokegear. Where is the data for the name located?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    i need help

http: //www .youtube. com/ watch?v=_WDOZ8H-2x4

so my pokemart wont work help plz

script : pbPokemonMart([
    : PBItems:: POKeBALL,
    : PBItems:: POTION,
    : PBItems:: ANTIDOTE,
    : PBItems:: TM20,
    : PBItems:: TM21,
    : PBItems:: TM22,
    : PBItems:: ICEHEAL,
    : PBItems:: REPEL,
    : PBItems:: ESCAPEROPE ])

Last edited:

~PokeJosh~

Pimpatune
    Years
    Wow this sounds stupid but...

How do you make it stop raining at night and then make it rain again in the morning?

I'm learning RGSS, but i was hoping some one might know how to do this real quick.

-PokeJosh

Oh details. I want to be able to make it so that it only happens on a specific map, not just everywhere.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I don't recall if Ive asked this already or not and I can't find it (may have been in help thread) Anyway. I am trying to figure out where I need to go to change the name of the Pokegear. Where is the data for the name located?
    If you mean the name in the menu, then it would be in the PokemonMenu script. Specifically, this line:
    Code:
    commands[cmdPokegear=commands.length]=_INTL("POKéGEAR") if $Trainer.pokegear
    I believe that's the only time when the PokéGear's name is used in-game.

How do you make it stop raining at night and then make it rain again in the morning?

I'm learning RGSS, but i was hoping some one might know how to do this real quick.

-PokeJosh

Oh details. I want to be able to make it so that it only happens on a specific map, not just everywhere.
    The weather effects only refresh if you leave and enter a map, so it would be hard to make it automatically stop raining at night. However, it's possible to only make a map's weather effect activate during the day quite easily:
    Code:
     if oldid!=0 && oldid!=$game_map.map_id
      weather=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataWeather)
      if weather && rand(100)<weather[1]
       if $game_map.map_id==1 # Map ID of the desired map
        time=Time.now
        $game_screen.weather(weather[0],8,20) if time.hour<20 || time.hour>=6
       else
        $game_screen.weather(weather[0],8,20)
       end
      else
       $game_screen.weather(0,0,0)
      end
     end
    Then, just set the map's weather in the metadata to rain, with a 100% chance, and it should only activate at daytime.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    If you mean the name in the menu, then it would be in the PokemonMenu script. Specifically, this line:
    Code:
    commands[cmdPokegear=commands.length]=_INTL("POKéGEAR") if $Trainer.pokegear
    I believe that's the only time when the PokéGear's name is used in-game.

The weather effects only refresh if you leave and enter a map, so it would be hard to make it automatically stop raining at night. However, it's possible to only make a map's weather effect activate during the day quite easily:
    Code:
     if oldid!=0 && oldid!=$game_map.map_id
      weather=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataWeather)
      if weather && rand(100)<weather[1]
       if $game_map.map_id==1 # Map ID of the desired map
        time=Time.now
        $game_screen.weather(weather[0],8,20) if time.hour<20 || time.hour>=6
       else
        $game_screen.weather(weather[0],8,20)
       end
      else
       $game_screen.weather(0,0,0)
      end
     end
    Then, just set the map's weather in the metadata to rain, with a 100% chance, and it should only activate at daytime.

I was wanting to add something like that to my game and have tried doing it via events but I like this code. I tried adding it in PokemonWeather but got an error when changing the map. I couldn't find where to put it. Can you help be with that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I was wanting to add something like that to my game and have tried doing it via events but I like this code. I tried adding it in PokemonWeather but got an error when changing the map. I couldn't find where to put it. Can you help be with that?

Whoops, I forgot to mention where to put it. Find the similar section in PokemonField, and edit it to match my script.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    so i have a site for the game

so i call it Pokemon Ms1 v0.1alpha(like 21% done)

http: // pokemonms1 . webs . com /

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    If you want people to know your game and it's website put in on your Sig, and stop posting just to say the site of it.. it's spam !

Could someone help me ?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Guys how can i make it so if it's an encounter on Land the battle scene will have a type of background and the thingy under Pokemons will be a certain type too, if it's a cave encounter it will be different, and if it's goodrod one, it will be different too, but if it's a trainer battle it will be another one ?
    I haven't done this myself, or even looked into it, but I may have a few hints for you.

I seem to recall a script that checks what kind of tile you're standing on. I'm not sure whether it checks which specific tile in the tileset it is, or whether it just checks the terrain tag. But feasibly, you could put this to some use. Grass tile means grass underfoot. Sand tile means beach underfoot. And so on.

Expanding on this, you can check which map the player is in with another script. If you're in map "Viridian Forest", then there should be long grass and a forest in the background. And so on.

You can combine the two, but it'll quickly get very messy. The amount of mess depends on how many different factors you want to use. You could use the aforementioned tile and map checks, and also time of day and a few other things too.

As for where to put all this new code, go look in PokeBattle_ActualScene. That section describes what shows up during battle, including the battle bases and the background. Create a bunch of "if...elsif...else" statements to your heart's content (or something similar). I suspect there's already some there, which describe simple things such as "inside building", "grass", "cave", and so on, so expand on those choices (if there isn't, it shouldn't be difficult to make them).

Hope that gets you thinking.

-PokeJosh

You know weather doesn't work like that, right? :cheeky:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I haven't done this myself, or even looked into it, but I may have a few hints for you.

Acctually its quite simple. In the event go to the script option type this
    Code:
    $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="[B]X[/B]"
    Replace the X with the extension for the image. For instance, if I wanted to make special backgrounds for Giratina I would write the code
    Code:
    $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="[B]G[/B]"
    and name the images "battlebgG.png", "enemybaseG.png", "playerbaseG.png" and note that the letter G was the extension I was talking about earlier.

-PokeJosh

You can use this by setting up a parallel event that checks for the time and then initialises the weather specified. So it is possible.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011

I seem to recall a script that checks what kind of tile you're standing on. I'm not sure whether it checks which specific tile in the tileset it is, or whether it just checks the terrain tag. But feasibly, you could put this to some use. Grass tile means grass underfoot. Sand tile means beach underfoot. And so on.

Expanding on this, you can check which map the player is in with another script. If you're in map "Viridian Forest", then there should be long grass and a forest in the background. And so on.

You can combine the two, but it'll quickly get very messy. The amount of mess depends on how many different factors you want to use. You could use the aforementioned tile and map checks, and also time of day and a few other things too.

As for where to put all this new code, go look in PokeBattle_ActualScene. That section describes what shows up during battle, including the battle bases and the background. Create a bunch of "if...elsif...else" statements to your heart's content (or something similar). I suspect there's already some there, which describe simple things such as "inside building", "grass", "cave", and so on, so expand on those choices (if there isn't, it shouldn't be difficult to make them).

Hope that gets you thinking.

You know weather doesn't work like that, right? :cheeky:

Well i was thinking it would depend on the Encounter file, If the type of encounter was GoodRod, Land, Cave, National Park, Etc, etc or Trainer Battle.

Could you help me with it ?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Acctually its quite simple. In the event go to the script option type this
    Code:
    $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="[B]X[/B]"
    Replace the X with the extension for the image. For instance, if I wanted to make special backgrounds for Giratina I would write the code
    Code:
    $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="[B]G[/B]"
    and name the images "battlebgG.png", "enemybaseG.png", "playerbaseG.png" and note that the letter G was the extension I was talking about earlier.
    So you make an autorun event that uses this script, and put it in a map? Does it apply for as long as you're on that map, because the name kinda suggests it works for the next battle only.

Looks interesting, though, and proves I haven't been looking into it. I may need to find out how this works in more detail (eventually).

Presumably you'd have to make it such that one or another of these is in effect all the time (ideally varying depending on area). Are there any default settings (e.g. surf encounters, grass, cave, etc.)?

Well i was thinking it would depend on the Encounter file, If the type of encounter was GoodRod, Land, Cave, National Park, Etc, etc or Trainer Battle.

Could you help me with it ?
    See above for at least a partial solution. You can probably also find a script that checks the encounter type, and run with it.

Although I'm not sure why you'd want to differentiate trainer battles from wild ones, because they could still take place in the same area (i.e. the same background).

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Well you can always go about editing the main script of the game. What I wrote above is for events, for instance if you battle a legendary pokemon as an event then you would go about typing that code in the script function to change the battle background and stuff like that.
    If that's not what you want, you can go about editing the script "PokeBattle_ActualScene" and go to the line where it says:
    Code:
     battlebg="Graphics/Pictures/battlebg#{id}.png"
     enemybase="Graphics/Pictures/enemybase#{id}.png"
     playerbase="Graphics/Pictures/playerbase#{id}.png"

(you can use the find option to get to this quicker)

So what you could do here is just make few more lines of codes containing
    Code:
    if $game_map.map_id==id of your map
     battlebg="Graphics/Pictures/battlebgX.png"
     enemybase="Graphics/Pictures/enemybaseX.png"
     playerbase="Graphics/Pictures/playerbaseX.png"
    else
     battlebg="Graphics/Pictures/battlebg#{id}.png"
     enemybase="Graphics/Pictures/enemybase#{id}.png"
     playerbase="Graphics/Pictures/playerbase#{id}.png"
    end

As usual replace the X with the specified extension and for the map id type the number that you see in RMXP at the bottom of the window right before the name of the map (don't include the "0" in front of numbers otherwise connections will be disabled). So by this you could define the map for which you want your graphics to change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back