• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

iitZz An Omen

PokemonPlatinums Brother
Years
  • I really need to get up-to-date with the D/P moves project; I even worked on it a bit :P

Anyway, I've attached the font I'm using, so it should have the symbols in it. You'll have to remove your current FR/LG font, and replace it with this one.
    Wichu, thanks a lot!
    I wish you all the best for your amazing game! :D
    EDIT: Wichu that font is blank :/

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    anyone know how to use the pbRegisterTrainer script? its not working for me!

iitZz An Omen

PokemonPlatinums Brother
    Years
  • Emm...I installed it in C:\\WINDOWS\FONTS and the fonts folder in my game folder with no luck :(
    When I load the game change the font to FR/LG, the font looks like Arial or something :'(

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
    Years
  • You need to uninstall the Pokemon fonts (delete them from the WINDOWS/Font folder) then re-install them.

Years
  • Would much appreciate help with this please. My town map has towns right at the bottom of the map, but the cursor doesn't reach them. I recently moved the information bar to the top so you could see the towns- but the cursor still won't go lower than before I moved it. (i moved it by changing the coordinates of the mapbottom.png graphic.)

Here is what I mean

Can anyone one tell what areas of scirpt I need to edit?

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Would much appreciate help with this please. My town map has towns right at the bottom of the map, but the cursor doesn't reach them. I recently moved the information bar to the top so you could see the towns- but the cursor still won't go lower than before I moved it. (i moved it by changing the coordinates of the mapbottom.png graphic.)

Here is what I mean

Can anyone one tell what areas of scirpt I need to edit?

It seems like the cursor won't go nearer than two tiles from the bottom, so move the whole
    (in paint/PS etc.) 2 tiles up, and sprite a new bottom below "the old one".

Otherwise I don't know, as I'm not especially good at RGSS.

Hope it helped ;)

//44tim44

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    As far as I can tell, it's this bit in PokemonRegionMap:
    Code:
    LEFT=0
    TOP=0
    RIGHT=28
    BOTTOM=16
    Just increase the BOTTOM constant by 2 (tiles), and it should work.

Years
  • Thanks wichu, I should've spotted that myself I guess.

I know double posting is frowned upon, but this thread is rarely active and so to get notice I've posted twice-

I've ben trying to make a regional pokédex (i'm aware that this is something all people want to do and that it's a question that gets asked a lot) and so far I have managed to put regional numbers for all pokémon, (including 0 for pokémon that I don't want in the region) and I've been able to sort most issues (the error that says you can't have 0 for a regional number) but now I've come a cropper.

The numbers are set, the region town map is made (and is named Mirroh), but still I get the national pokédex. I presume it is something to do with defining a region, but I do not know where to start.

Last edited:

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Hi hi.. I got a few (probably nooby :( ) questions...
    1) How would I make a Battle Factory? Would I have to make a whole entire new script section? Or maybe have the Lab Lady take away your pokes, (similar to bug catching contests) and then make it with a lot of random choices, you given 6 to choose from? x_X

2) How do I make it where during trades, the in-game trainer you're trading with's pokemon is holding an item? Like when you trade a spearow for a farfetch'd, and that farfetch'd has a stick already equipped to it? (or, getting down to the point, letting that trainer's electabuzz already be holding an electrizer so you get electivire)

3) How do I make a PokeGear calling event, or more accurately, registering Mom and Prof Elm, but in a way where they don't have random trainer messages but rather the "Omg help, a 10 year old child broke into the lab and stole a pokemon despite the fact the place was being watched over by two grown men over the age of 30. O_O"

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I have an error that comes up every time I battle, right after you through out your pokemon.
    I posted it earlier but, did not get any help.
    I am in desperate need of the fixing of this issue because, I have tried every thing and it still comes up.
    I will give rewards to those who help.
    All help is greatly appreciated.

See the attachments for the error message.

iitZz An Omen

PokemonPlatinums Brother
    Years
  • I have an error that comes up every time I battle, right after you through out your pokemon.
    I posted it earlier but, did not get any help.
    I am in desperate need of the fixing of this issue because, I have tried every thing and it still comes up.
    I will give rewards to those who help.
    All help is greatly appreciated.

See the attachments for the error message.
    looking at the error message I would delete the Item Choice scarf as it seems to be the key to this problem, if you dellete it or fix it your came should work again.
    Hope I helped...

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Um how do I change the color of the Light? like the ones you would see in lamp posts? i wanna change it from the yellow to something like a blue

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Hi guys, im new at this forum and i use RPG Maker XP for my pokémon-hack and im pretty far now but there are a few things i need.
    I have only reflected water now, i need good water autotiles and i need good grass autotiles (Or good tilesets) i've searching for weeks now and maybe could somebody here help me?

Thanx.
    P.S: Sorry for my bad english i'm dutch and just 11 years old. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Hi guys, im new at this forum and i use RPG Maker XP for my pokémon-hack and im pretty far now but there are a few things i need.
    I have only reflected water now, i need good water autotiles and i need good grass autotiles (Or good tilesets) i've searching for weeks now and maybe could somebody here help me?

Thanx.
    P.S: Sorry for my bad english i'm dutch and just 11 years old. :)
    NEIN! Its not a hack >_<

Try Kyledove's public tilesets.

PokettoMonsuta

Cut the subsplicity
    Years
  • One question regarding move animations.

The notes says to make moves, you need to put Move:XXX, right?

Well, what about other enemies. I see stuff like Ultra Beam Hero, but is it supposed to be Move:UltraBeam?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The animations included are from when the kit was still being made by Flameguru, so they don't use the new format. The game should automatically display the animation in the right direction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back