• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    I think slowing your Gif image down is the fastest/easiest way. Just change the gif's speed until you like it.

Thanks for the suggestion. My problem was that I had all the tweening set to no delay on my gif.

Last edited:

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    How do you make so that the rival appears? Like when you enter a new city the rival will come up to you and battle you?

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    You mean that replace the pause menu (that usually contains the Pokédex, party, trainer card, bag, etc. options) entirely with either trainer card/leave safari/options/exit (4 options) or save/options/exit (3 options)? That is, rather than just replace the "save" with a "quit"/info box on left while leaving the rest of the options intact.

This is certainly possible. If you look at the coloured-in script above, have a look to see how the "if" statement works. It starts with "if something" and end with "end" - anything in between those two happens only if that "if" statement is true.

Lines 114 to 137 in PokemonMenu is the following:

Code:
      commands[cmdPokedex=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]POKéDEX[/COLOR]") [COLOR=Red]if $Trainer.pokedex[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdPokemon=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]POKéMON[/COLOR]") [COLOR=Red]if $Trainer.party.length>0[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdBag=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]BAG[/COLOR]") [COLOR=Red]if !pbInBugContest?[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdPokegear=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]POKéGEAR[/COLOR]") [COLOR=Red]if $Trainer.pokegear[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdTrainer=commands.length]=$Trainer.name
      [COLOR=SeaGreen]if pbInSafari?[/COLOR]
       @scene.pbShowInfo(_INTL("[COLOR=Blue]STEPS: {1}/600\nBALLS: {2}[/COLOR]",pbSafariState.steps,pbSafariState.ballcount))
       commands[cmdQuit=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]QUIT[/COLOR]")
      [COLOR=SeaGreen]elsif pbInBugContest?[/COLOR]
       [COLOR=SeaGreen]if pbBugContestState.lastPokemon[/COLOR]
         @scene.pbShowInfo(_INTL("[COLOR=Blue]CAUGHT: {1}\nLEVEL: {2}\nBALLS: {3}[/COLOR]",
              PBSpecies.getName(pbBugContestState.lastPokemon.species),
              pbBugContestState.lastPokemon.level,
              pbBugContestState.ballcount))
       [COLOR=SeaGreen]else[/COLOR]
         @scene.pbShowInfo(_INTL("[COLOR=Blue]CAUGHT: None\nBALLS: {1}[/COLOR]",pbBugContestState.ballcount))
       [COLOR=SeaGreen]end[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=SeaGreen]else[/COLOR]
       commands[cmdSave=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]SAVE[/COLOR]") [COLOR=Red]if !$game_system || !$game_system.save_disabled[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=SeaGreen]end[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdOption=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]OPTION[/COLOR]")
      commands[cmdDebug=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]DEBUG[/COLOR]") [COLOR=Red]if $DEBUG[/COLOR]
      commands[commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]EXIT[/COLOR]")
    Again, coloured in a bit. What you need to do is take the idea of having an "if" section and put it around all of this, like so:

Code:
    [COLOR=Red]if pbInSafari?[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdDebug=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]DEBUG[/COLOR]") [COLOR=SeaGreen]if $DEBUG[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]elsif pbInBugContest?[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdSave=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]SAVE[/COLOR]") [COLOR=SeaGreen]if !$game_system || !$game_system.save_disabled[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdDebug=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]DEBUG[/COLOR]") [COLOR=SeaGreen]if $DEBUG[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]else[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdPokedex=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]POKéDEX[/COLOR]") [COLOR=SeaGreen]if $Trainer.pokedex[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdPokemon=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]POKéMON[/COLOR]") [COLOR=SeaGreen]if $Trainer.party.length>0[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdBag=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]BAG[/COLOR]")
      commands[cmdPokegear=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]POKéGEAR[/COLOR]") [COLOR=SeaGreen]if $Trainer.pokegear[/COLOR]
      commands[cmdSave=commands.length]=_INTL("[COLOR=DarkOrchid]SAVE[/COLOR]") [COLOR=SeaGreen]if !$game_system || !$game_system.save_disabled[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]end[/COLOR]
    As far as I can tell, that's what you want. The first lot (trainer card/quit/options/exit) is displayed if you're in a Safari game (i.e. if pbInSafari? is true). The second lot (save/option/exit0 is displayed if you're in a Bug Catching Contest (i.e. if pbInBugContest? is true). If you're not in either of these, then the regular menu is shown.

I put the Debug options in each of them because it's always handy, just in case you need them. They won't be shown when you're just playing the game; they're to help you when you're designing the game and sorting things out.

thank you, thank you. this works perfectly. :D

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    hey... i just had a simple ques... how do yo make the pokedext list numbers like
    001 bulbasaur or... 001 bulbasaur
    002 ivysaur 002 ivysaur
    002.1 ivysay d. 002a ivysay d.
    003 venasaur 003 venasaur

I would appreciate the help

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    I have a question about eggs
    I want to make the pokemon in the egg to be random. for example when you start out you choose a egg (fire egg, grass egg, or water egg) then once that egg hatches you get one of the random starters depending on the egg you chose.

Would the script be:
    @>Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.party.length>=6
    @>Text: You have no room to store the Egg...
    @>
    : Else
    @>Script: Kernel.pbGenerateEgg(
    : : PBSpecies::TOTODILE,5
    : : PBSpecies::SQUIRTLE,5
    : : PBSpecies::MUDKIP,5
    : : PBSpecies:: PIPLUP,5
    : : )
    @>Text: Received a Pokémon Egg.
    @>
    : Branch End
    @>

Or would I need to add something else?

Last edited:

Ruby_Norman

I'll protect you and behere...
    Years
  • I have a question about text speed
    I want to make text speed and running speed faster, but I don't know how to edit in Starter Kit

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I have a question about eggs
    I want to make the pokemon in the egg to be random. for example when you start out you choose a egg (fire egg, grass egg, or water egg) then once that egg hatches you get one of the random starters depending on the egg you chose.

Would the script be:
    @>Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.party.length>=6
    @>Text: You have no room to store the Egg...
    @>
    : Else
    @>Script: Kernel.pbGenerateEgg(
    : : PBSpecies::TOTODILE,5
    : : PBSpecies::SQUIRTLE,5
    : : PBSpecies::MUDKIP,5
    : : PBSpecies:: PIPLUP,5
    : : )
    @>Text: Received a Pokémon Egg.
    @>
    : Branch End
    @>

Or would I need to add something else?
    Easy, set a variable (e.g startegg) as a random number from 1-4.
    Then you do if startegg = 1
    generate totodile
    else if startegg = 2
    generate piplup

etc :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    I already have my own pokemon custom game but i cant figure out hoe to replace files to make it an online game im a bit confused??

Years
  • Well this is what I have for pbWhirlpool.

HTML:
    def Kernel.pbWhirlpool
     if $DEBUG || $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORWHIRLPOOL]
       movefinder=Kernel.pbCheckMove(PBMoves::WHIRLPOOL)
       if $DEBUG || movefinder
        if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to use Whirlpool?"))
          speciesname=!movefinder ? PBSpecies.getName(0) : movefinder.name
          Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used Whirlpool!",speciesname))
          pbHiddenMoveAnimation(movefinder)
          return true
        end
       else
        Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("It's a powerful whirlpool. A Pokémon may be able to get past it."))
       end
     else
      Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("It's a powerful whirlpool. A Pokémon may be able to get past it."))
     end
     return false
    end

I assume you mean "return true"? I'm not much of a scripter, so...all I could do was look at what was done with Rocksmash (excluding the Random Encounter) and replaced Dive.

Still waiting for help with my Whirlpool script.

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Scripting

Hi i'm Jake and i'm new to RPG Maker XP & Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit and have no experience whatsoever.
    I was just wondering if anyone could teach me the basics of scripting.
    I have made a town but need to learn how to trigger HM's and Trainer Battles.

Thanks for reading, and please; don't reply calling me a 'dumbass'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I already have my own pokemon custom game but i cant figure out hoe to replace files to make it an online game im a bit confused??
    I believe you are trying to use my Pokemon Essentials : Online extension. Please post it in that thread (click on the support bar in my sig) and ask the question in detail there.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Hi i'm Jake and i'm new to RPG Maker XP & Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit and have no experience whatsoever.

Go to www.rmxp.org and google "ruby scripting language". Maybe take a computer programming class if your old enough to take a class at your local junior college. Other than that, just look around, I'm sure you can find something that will help you.

Years
  • Hi i'm Jake and i'm new to RPG Maker XP & Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit and have no experience whatsoever.

Triggering HM's and making Trainer battles is in Notes.html, along with just about everything else you need.

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Rival script

Does somebody have a Rival battle script? Like for example if you walk in to a new town what are the scripts for the Rival to show up and battle you?

Sorry if i can´t explain it better.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Use a Player Touch event, and place it on all the tiles you want the event to trigger on. You should know the trainer battle scripts by now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Also, make the rival event separate from the Player Touch ones, which should be invisible. Use a Move Route command to move the rival event towards you.

Finally, after the trainer battle, deactivate the Player Touch events with a switch (turn a switch on, then make a new, blank page in the events and set its condition to that switch).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back