• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hey, someone can help me with my bug? I got them when i hit enemy or enemy hit me i changed sprites to 160x160

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    what script in poccils starter kit handles the text box for when people talk?

Seriously. There isn't just one script. Read the notes.html, it's I think three scripts that controls it. Plus some graphics.

EDIT: Now I need some help of my own.

FIRST: I get an error when I try to open up the editor, read some of my previous posts.

SECOND: I have tried to create a caterpillar system so that the starter pokemon follow you. It is coming out pretty good but there is an error. Here are the event pages. When I change the Charmander to Charmeleon or Charizard the graphic does't change. It just stays the same.

Event Page 1
    Spoiler:

Event Page 2
    Spoiler:

Event Page 3
    Spoiler:

Event Page 4
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    Hey Guys, I've got a few small problems again >.<

I modified my 'Outside' tileset, I added 1 row to it but now the transparency is gone! they it's just white now not transparent anymore :(

I don't know how to set the player character :O

I get alot of errors like when I walk into a house it gives me all kind of errors :S

If anyone could help me with one or more of these problems I'd really appreciate it, Thanks

-Simon

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
    Hey Guys, I've got a few small problems again >.<

I modified my 'Outside' tileset, I added 1 row to it but now the transparency is gone! they it's just white now not transparent anymore :(

I don't know how to set the player character :O

I get alot of errors like when I walk into a house it gives me all kind of errors :S

If anyone could help me with one or more of these problems I'd really appreciate it, Thanks

-Simon

1. Go to the Importer, which is next to the Game Manager, and re-import the image, then right and left click the transparent part. :)

2. Open the Editor, and go to Set Metadata, then go into Global, and choose the PlayerA setting.

3. Odd. I can't help you with that.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Seriously. There isn't just one script. Read the notes.html, it's I think three scripts that controls it. Plus some graphics.

EDIT: Now I need some help of my own.

FIRST: I get an error when I try to open up the editor, read some of my previous posts.

SECOND: I have tried to create a caterpillar system so that the starter pokemon follow you. It is coming out pretty good but there is an error. Here are the event pages. When I change the Charmander to Charmeleon or Charizard the graphic does't change. It just stays the same.

I actually tried something out that is similar to this, but I used a new script, and a new set of variables using the number of the species. I failed at that ,too. Check my post about three pages back.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    How i can do more battlebgm's for wild pokemons and battle trainers?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2009
    1. Go to the Importer, which is next to the Game Manager, and re-import the image, then right and left click the transparent part. :)

2. Open the Editor, and go to Set Metadata, then go into Global, and choose the PlayerA setting.

3. Odd. I can't help you with that.

Hey, I fixed the first problem but now theres a new problem, I added a new row to it and suddenly it screws up, they're 32x32 this is what it looks like

Another problem, I can't open Editor? gives me error:
    Code:
    Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred.

Someone help please? :cheeky:

Thanks, Simon :cool:

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    Ok, not sure if it is ok to post this but I will (please delete if it shouldn't). I have found an older version of Pokestarter online here: https://www.plunder.com/Poke-starter-download-5f9a127b75.htm.
    This looks like the January release and doesn't contain the problems with the current release. Everything works perfectly except probably the in game trade pokemon that was solved a couple of pages back. This will also sort out the RTP errors.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
    I may have missed it by reading through. If so I'm sorry. I've been able to start working on my game again and updated to the latest starter kit. But now if i go into the back or check the pokemon, And i have no pokemon and no items int he back (any pocket for this matter) i get this error

[hide]---------------------------
    Pokemon: The Beginning
    ---------------------------
    Exception: TypeError

SpriteWindow:434:in `blt'

SpriteWindow:434:in `pbCopyBitmap'

PokemonBag:112:in `refresh'

PokemonBag:106:in `each'

PokemonBag:106:in `refresh'

PokemonBag:49:in `pocket='

PokemonBag:576:in `pbChooseItem'

PokemonBag:559:in `loop'

PokemonBag:618:in `pbChooseItem'

PokemonBag:1151:in `pbStartScreen'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    [/hide]

Years
    Whereabouts in Pokebattle_ActualScene do I edit the text positions of Level, Name (of the Pokemon), status (Frz, Prz, Psn, Brn) and also HP (e.g. 35/57) And also, I've been adjusting the HP bar positions, well trying to, of the Player's Pokemon. One problem, the Enemy HP bar moves with the Player HP bar. I also need to know where to change the XY coordinates of the Pokemon Sprites (only the Enemy sprites). Another thing, how do I edit the size of the HP bar? I know how to edit the length but not the actual size. Here is my battle screen so far...showing the Player HP bar problem.

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2011
    Sorry I keep coming back - I just DESPERATELY want to get started X_X

Point 2 (The Puzzle)
    Spoiler:

Any help on either matter is very much appreciated!

I made a slight edit to the post in the quote to make it more understandable - any help please? I'm much better with VX than XP.

Years
    When I started a playtest, I recieved the following massage while compiling moves.txt:
    Code:
    Pokémon: Digital invasion
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `value' for nil:NilClass
    Compiler:984:in `pbCheckByte'
    Compiler:1076:in `pbCompileMoves'
    Compiler:1033:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
    Compiler:515:in `each_line'
    Compiler:515:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
    Compiler:512:in `open'
    Compiler:512:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
    Compiler:1033:in `pbCompileMoves'
    Compiler:3338:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3463

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    How can I fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    EDIT: Problem #1 Fixed.

How do i make it so that the character cannot walk on houses and trees?

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Hey everybody,
    I recently downloaded RPG Maker XP and the pokemon starter kit, but him having some trouble in the beginning.
    I deleted all the pre-made maps (except for the Intro) and i made a few new maps.
    When i start the game everything goes smoothly until its time to begin the actual game, when prof. oak says your something or other awaits lets go!, a message comes up that says
    Exception: Errno:: ENOENT
    Game_Map_:32:in `load_data'
    Game_Map_:32:in `setup'
    PokemonMap:643:in `setup'
    Scene_Map:214:in `transfer_player'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:71:in `main'

The map with the ID, 25, is not in existence at the moment. Probably the event that told the game to transfer the player from the intro map to a navigable map is set to what was Map 25 and you need to change where it goes. You can find a map ID by opening the Mp Properties and looking at the top blue bar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    How do i make it so that my player doesn't walk on objects?
    And secondly, how do i make it so that when the character walks into his house it says
    "(name here)'s house" ?

kay3o

B)
    Years
    So does anyone have a fix for

"Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred."

?, Please say someone does! :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    So does anyone have a fix for

"Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred."

?, Please say someone does! :3

8 posts back (on this page) I posted a link to an older version of Pokemon Essentials. That release does not have the RTPAndRegistry error. Poccil is obviously working on new additions to the kit and this release was posted with a few errors.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    So I downloaded the starter kit and it told me to set a program to open with, I picked rpg maker xp obviously. When I opened it this appeared:
    After clicking ignore a few times it closes. When I tried opening it after this the black screen comes on for a split second and then just disappears, how do I fix this? I'm running vista btw.

Thanks.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back