• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think the problem is that you don't have a Pokémon with you; obviously you can't battle wild Pokémon without one.
    I could be wrong, but that's what I think could be the problem...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I think the problem is that you don't have a Pokémon with you; obviously you can't battle wild Pokémon without one.
    I could be wrong, but that's what I think could be the problem...
    Oh right, I copied the event that gives you 6 Pokemons and running shoes from the starting map, just for case, to check if the Wild Pokemons work on my custom maps before I've done the whole thing...

And the whole thing doesn't work under these conditions.
    Thanks for reminding me to mention that though.
    And the player is defined, obviously (not related to your post, just saying it in advance).

Years
  • Update: I think the Problem with the continueing ME on a trainer battle is a bug in Pokémon Essentials. When i choose a custom .mp3 for the intro, the Battle BGM doesn't start. (I used a clear pokestarter-project)

Am I the only one with this bug? =/ Its very annoying. I downloaded the newest Starter Kit and give a Trainer a Battle BGM and a Intro ME. But the BGM starts not until the Intro ends. I think it's a bug...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Erm... again. How do I get the program to accept a map with different lenghts and heights????? PLEASE?!
    Wha...? You want to change the size of a map?

Right-click on the map's name in the list at the bottom left of RPG Maker XP, and select "Map Properties". Then spend at least a month just playing with RPG Maker XP before even thinking about trying to make an actual game.

If you meant something else, you need to describe it accurately.

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
    Years
  • this has probably been asked before but how do it take and give money to the player.

EDIT: also how do i check if they have a certain amount so i can take it away. i mean check if they have $500 if the do take it away if they don't then do some thing else. i want the check thing to be like a condition branch

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    this has probably been asked before but how do it take and give money to the player.

EDIT: also how do i check if they have a certain amount so i can take it away. i mean check if they have $500 if the do take it away if they don't then do some thing else. i want the check thing to be like a condition branch
    The "Change Gold" option in the events menu will work on the player's money.

For the checking, make a conditional branch, and the option to check how much Gold the player has is on the 4th page of that. And that's exactly what you wanted.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Hey, i have a problem in Battle:

Foe Blissey's Natural Cure blocks HEAL BELL!
    Foe blocks HEAL BELL!

What happen? :(

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    How do I change the player graphic?

I used the change player graphic option, but it still doesn't work. It changes for a split second, then goes back.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello how can I make a lateral battle and pokemon animations
    We have no idea what you mean. What do you want?

How do I change the player graphic?

I used the change player graphic option, but it still doesn't work. It changes for a split second, then goes back.
    I assume you want to change it in-game, rather than just set it at the start.

Go into the metadata (yes, the metadata) and create a new player character. It'll be number 2 (with the boy character as 0 and the girl character as 1). Make sure you have all the correct sprite sheet pictures for this new character (walking/running/surfing/fishing/surf fishing/cycling sprites).

Then use pbChangePlayer(2) when you want to turn the character into this new one (e.g. when they put on a coat).

If you want both a boy and girl option, each of them can only have 2 different costumes, because there are only 4 spots that can be used for the player character (I may be wrong here, though). Use them wisely.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

This pops up when the "New Game - Continue - Option" screen is about to show, then
    the game exits.

What's wrong?! xD

Neew answer quick. Thanks in Advance.

Cheerz~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back