• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
Years
  • I'm not currently sure what version of Essentials I'm using. I've changed it so many times due to bugs I don't remember :S It's probably somewhat recent sort of.
    Does anyone have a link to a version of essentials that they'd recommend switching to? Or just the script data file of a working version of essentials?

Also I do not know how to implement those features, it will require scripting knowledge, or at least for most of them I think.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'm not currently sure what version of Essentials I'm using. I've changed it so many times due to bugs I don't remember :S It's probably somewhat recent sort of.
    Does anyone have a link to a version of essentials that they'd recommend switching to? Or just the script data file of a working version of essentials?

Also I do not know how to implement those features, it will require scripting knowledge, or at least for most of them I think.
    I put a link to mine for someone else one page back, towards the bottom.

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • I put a link to mine for someone else one page back, towards the bottom.

Thanks very much ^^
    I finally ported things over, except my custom menu script :/ hopefully I can find my instructions on implementing it somewhere.
    I tested catching a Pokemon, and it works. ^^ (:P caught an Aipom :O) Anyway Thanks again. :D Hopefully I'll be (mostly) bug free for now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    It's that time again. My site is unavailable again and I will need donations totaling at least 30 dollars to restore it again. As a reminder, my site requires 30 dollars every 3 months.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Well, it's good to see that you alive and well, Poccil. I would donate, but unfortunately I don't have the ability to donate money. Have you perhaps considered a free site, though?

Rafael-animal

Pokémon DS Kit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    Hi, I would ask if I can make menu always see, I made a pokemon menu and I would always see.

Sorry for my bad english T_T.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • is it me or is piccol site down.

ohh nevermind i seen his post

Last edited:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Soooo... I've decided I wanted to start learning Ruby, and what better way than to learn by example? So I started changing the PokeGear code, to make a horizontal menu and change it a bit... But it's not really working the way I want it to work, so I was wondering if someone could help me out :P

Here's my code:
    Spoiler:

And here's a video showing what happens and I'll tell you what should have happened:

So what happens: When I press the right key, the right button in the pokegear gets pressed.
    When I press the left key, the left button in the pokegear does not get pressed. <- This is what should be fixed

I can only go to the two outer options in the Pokegear, I can not go to the middle options (Phone and Radio)... <- This is also what should be fixed

So if anyone could help me out that would be great!

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Soooo... I've decided I wanted to start learning Ruby, and what better way than to learn by example? So I started changing the PokeGear code, to make a horizontal menu and change it a bit... But it's not really working the way I want it to work, so I was wondering if someone could help me out :P

Here's my code:
    Spoiler:

And here's a video showing what happens and I'll tell you what should have happened:

So what happens: When I press the right key, the right button in the pokegear gets pressed.
    When I press the left key, the left button in the pokegear does not get pressed. <- This is what should be fixed

I can only go to the two outer options in the Pokegear, I can not go to the middle options (Phone and Radio)... <- This is also what should be fixed

So if anyone could help me out that would be great!
    Well.. I'm a newbie @ RGSS too. But I think it will work like this
    Change the names in red, to the name of the frame.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Well.. I'm a newbie @ RGSS too. But I think it will work like this
    Change the names in red, to the name of the frame.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My code is already like that:
    - "frame0" = no buttons pressed
    - "frameleft" = left button pressed
    - "frameright" = right button pressed

But thanks for trying to help though.

Spoiler:

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • I'm back and with a question related to the Pokegear.
    I'd appreciate some help ^^ If someone can.
    I wanted to know if it's possible to get the Pokegear to display the current time (I'd asume based off the computer clock.)
    If so, how can I do it? (so far I've not modified the code of the Pokegear at all yet. I mostly just want to reposition some things which I believe I can do so myself.)
    But I really wanted to add the time, so if someone could help me that would be great. ^^

This is an image of the current Pokegear display I want to add the time in the top right same box the word Pokegear is written in on the right.
    If it can't be done, or can't be done simply, then just tell me. ^^

Thanks for reading.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I'm back and with a question related to the Pokegear.
    I'd appreciate some help ^^ If someone can.
    I wanted to know if it's possible to get the Pokegear to display the current time (I'd asume based off the computer clock.)
    If so, how can I do it? (so far I've not modified the code of the Pokegear at all yet. I mostly just want to reposition some things which I believe I can do so myself.)
    But I really wanted to add the time, so if someone could help me that would be great. ^^

This is an image of the current Pokegear display I want to add the time in the top right same box the word Pokegear is written in on the right.
    If it can't be done, or can't be done simply, then just tell me. ^^

Thanks for reading.
    This worked for me, so I think it'll work for you too.
    Make sure this is in def main:
    Spoiler:

Then in def update, add this right under it:
    Spoiler:

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • This worked for me, so I think it'll work for you too.
    Make sure this is in def main:
    Spoiler:

Then in def update, add this right under it:
    Spoiler:

Okay so I (think) inserted it correctly but i now it's done this...

almost as if it's added an empty text box below the current text box?
    Any ideas?

I'm sorry for being so hopeless -.-;
    But I've attempted to follow your instructions but I'm not really sure where to put the code, I understand where main is, it's the first section in the Pokegear script, and I've put it in there, and I've tried numerous places for the second bit of code but I get all kinds of different errors, could I trouble you to insert it to a blank Pokegear script and send it to me? *offers cookie*
    Thank you for attempting to help me.
    Again I'm so sorry >.<

Spoiler:

Last edited:

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • Can someone plz upload the May 7 version of pokemon essentials? Poccil's site is down again. (I would give money if I could but...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back